• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiekanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kaptain Brawe 2 by Steve Ince and Bill Tiller (relaunched on kickstarter).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

Do you guys realize that the game’s title has been used before (and poorly)???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

This game needs about $41,000 to make it with only 12 days left. This is a chance to see two adventure gaming legends collaborate on a high production value point and click experience! It will be heart breaking if this game is unable to meet it’s funding goal. This is another chance for us to stand up and proclaim that we refuse to allow the adventure genre to go quietly into the night. This is a Broken Sword writer teaming up with a Monkey Island artist! That is an amazing prospect! Something else that is rather amazing is the free demo you can download from the Kickstarter page. Kaptain Brawe: An unexpected intermission. It provides a rough yet still beautiful glimpse into the potential of the game. The dialogue (which has not yet had the voices added) is genuinely funny and the art is gorgeous in HD! I encourage you all to check it out. Also, if you are interested at all and are able, please, please, please pledge something toward keeping the adventure game revival alive. I don’t want to imagine a scenario where adventure games stop being featured on Kickstarter!! Thanks all! Long live the adventure game!

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

I am going to back this!

I predict it will reach its goal.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I tried the demo and it just didn’t strike a chord with me, so I’ll pass.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

OrionO - 29 August 2014 05:44 AM

I think it will be a close call, I hope it makes it but I’m not convinced it will.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s strange the original kickstarter that failed achieved $90.000 of a $150.000 goal, this one stands at $34.000 of a $75.000 goal but the total number of backers not that different. Are people just more wary of backing because it´s a second try?

I still backed and hope they make it. Looks good.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I think it is more a case of people being less enthusiastic about Kickstarter now in general.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Could be part of it but the other kickstarter ended 2 months ago, not that long ago.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

OrionO - 29 August 2014 05:44 AM

I am going to back this!

Thank you OrionO! Let’s hope for a happy ending.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

tomimt - 29 August 2014 07:11 AM

I tried the demo and it just didn’t strike a chord with me, so I’ll pass.

Thank you for giving it a try Tomimt. That was good of you.

I had fun with the demo. Played it on our HDTV and was impressed by the fidelity of the graphics and laughed at the interaction between Kaptain Brawe and the robot. I enjoyed all the Kickstarter references too. “I need 0.1 volts of electricity to Kickstart the engine.” lol The animations were a little rough but I assume they are aways off from being finished.

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

wilco - 29 August 2014 10:59 AM

It’s strange the original kickstarter that failed achieved $90.000 of a $150.000 goal, this one stands at $34.000 of a $75.000 goal but the total number of backers not that different. Are people just more wary of backing because it´s a second try?

Thank you for backing it Wilco! It definitely has some Space Quest overtones.

The average pledge per backer for this second campaign attempt is almost exactly half of what it was for the first. Maybe people are splitting their pledges between this and Duke Grabowski?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

wilco - 29 August 2014 10:59 AM

I think it’s about the same amount of backers as last time. Hopefully there will be a surge of people upping their pledges toward the end, I’ll increase mine for sure, if it’s still not reached the goal in the last couple of days. I’m feeling confident it’s gonna succeed.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Final 2 hour bump. Darn. Anybody sitting on a spare 30k?

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

In my opinion $20 is too much for this kind of game in Kickstarter.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

25+k in 70 minutes.

Busted.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top