• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tormentum - Our first adventure / puzzle game on IndieGOGO - Please, Support us!

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-06-04

PM

Hello,

We are OhNoo Studio from Poland, we created a campaign on IndieGoGo for our first game - Tormentum.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tormentum-dark-sorrow/x/7378278
We need your mon…eee… help! Money Mouth

Thanks!!!  Heart

More screens:
http://ohnoo.com/presspack/tormentum_indiegogo/

Tormentum is a surreal adventure game, featuring moral choices.

The action of the game is set in a dark world, veering between dreams and nightmare. The main protagonist, that the player takes control over, doesn’t remember his name nor the place where he came from. Visiting new lands, he slowly starts to uncover the truth about himself.

The dreamlike atmosphere featured in the game was inspired by the works of a Polish painter, Zdzislaw Beksinski, and a recently deceased Swiss painter, H.R.Giger, among others.

Unfortunately, bigger problems seem to arise. The flying ship lands in a big castle and the main hero is soon imprisoned in it. This is how this surreal story from the border of dream and reality begins…

Traversing different areas the hero learns the dark world in which he was imprisoned. Visiting new lands, he slowly starts to uncover the truth about himself.

Please, Support us! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Looks pretty good. The only concern is you say you’re on Indiegogo because the game spiraled out of control, so backers may be worried it’ll just happen again and you’ll exceed the requested budget.

Joined 2014-06-04

PM

Antrax - 04 June 2014 11:23 PM

Looks pretty good.

Thanks! Smile

Antrax - 04 June 2014 11:23 PM

The only concern is you say you’re on Indiegogo because the game spiraled out of control, so backers may be worried it’ll just happen again and you’ll exceed the requested budget.

it was a problem at the beginning when game was crystallizing. Today we have a beginning, middle and end of the game ready to scripting so we are quite confident that we are in control to finish this game.

Joined 2014-06-04

PM

2 animated gifs showing parallax effect in our game. It takes several layered planes to get that parallax effect and it was a nightmare for us to make these backgrounds.

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

Just contributed. Those screens look awesome!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

OhNoo - 11 June 2014 03:07 PM

I was going to say that this one seriously makes me think of Dark Seed (for which H.R. Giger did the artwork), but you were already inspired by him it seems:

OhNoo - 04 June 2014 05:47 PM

The dreamlike atmosphere featured in the game was inspired by the works of a Polish painter, Zdzislaw Beksinski, and a recently deceased Swiss painter, H.R.Giger, among others.

Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-12-07

PM

Amazing art style!  Best of luck on getting the funding you need.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Great artwork! Best of luck!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2014-06-04

PM

RaindropGames - 12 June 2014 03:06 AM

Amazing art style!  Best of luck on getting the funding you need.

Dag - 12 June 2014 06:19 AM

Great artwork! Best of luck!

Thanks guys! Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

OhNoo - 11 June 2014 03:07 PM

Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up 

Your heart is in right place.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Beautiful, that train even reminds of brilliant Transarctica.

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

Honestly, your updates have me wondering if I made a mistake in contributing. They seem lazy, negative, unconstructive, and poorly written. That doesn’t bode well for a well written game with lots of momentum. Sorry if that’s harsh but I’m just being honest. I’m still thrilled by the screenshots and hope it gets funded but I’ve never gotten daily updates from a kick starter that seemed so defeatist. If the money isn’t coming in, work hard to promote in more places and give some more substantial updates in hopes of building excitement.

Joined 2014-06-04

PM

RockNFknRoll - 19 June 2014 12:23 PM

Honestly, your updates have me wondering if I made a mistake in contributing. They seem lazy, negative, unconstructive, and poorly written. That doesn’t bode well for a well written game with lots of momentum. Sorry if that’s harsh but I’m just being honest. I’m still thrilled by the screenshots and hope it gets funded but I’ve never gotten daily updates from a kick starter that seemed so defeatist. If the money isn’t coming in, work hard to promote in more places and give some more substantial updates in hopes of building excitement.

Having read your post, we’ve considered that you are right. We will try to improve it. Sometimes we need such a kick from someone on the outside to get back on a positive track. Maybe it’s our a bit national mindset Wink. As for the language mistakes, well ...Our foreign language skills aren’t great, we would like to raise money for proper English check and we still work on it. But before we do it’s important for us to update a blog and keep contact than don’t do that due to our language mistakes.

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

I didn’t realize you guys weren’t english speakers. I can understand that. I do think, from my experience with kickstarters, that the most successful campaigns are those with a lot of enthusiasm for the project, and lots of content to get excited about and build buzz. Try canvassing gaming sites, Reddit, etc. It looks like a dark game, so maybe you guys have a darker mindset and I respect that. The bad side to kickstarter/indiegogo is that you have people like me complaining at you. Smile

Joined 2014-06-04

PM

Today our game has been greenlit !!! After 23 days! Tnx for support! Grin

We still have to finish our indiegogo campaign. If you like our game and want to help pleaseee share link to Tormentum campaign: http://igg.me/at/Tormentum/x/7378278

Thanks ^^.

PS. Everyone who buys the game through our Indiegogo page for 9$ will get a key Steam when the game releases!

Image Attachments

gremlin.jpg

Joined 2014-06-04

PM

Hey, folks! Yesterday, I posted a beta gameplay video:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top