• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The big "Tesla Effect" technical help thread

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

Is anyone else getting aliasing problems? I’ve tried fiddling with the Nvidia control panel and for the life of me I can’t get rid of all the jaggies.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

ZeframCochrane - 10 May 2014 09:11 AM

Is anyone else getting aliasing problems? I’ve tried fiddling with the Nvidia control panel and for the life of me I can’t get rid of all the jaggies.

If your Nvidia card supports FXAA that should work. Works for me.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Does anyone know how I could manually change the icon for my Tesla Effect desktop shortcut? Despite installing the game through Steam, right now it just shows up as a generic planet earth icon. I guess you could say I’m a little OCD about that stuff.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

AstroChicken - 10 May 2014 11:41 AM

Does anyone know how I could manually change the icon for my Tesla Effect desktop shortcut? Despite installing the game through Steam, right now it just shows up as a generic planet earth icon. I guess you could say I’m a little OCD about that stuff.

If you go to where you’ve installed Tesla you should see the Tesle.exe file which “should” show the proper icon. Right click/send to/desktop (create shortcut), and you’re done. Delete old icon.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

AstroChicken - 10 May 2014 11:41 AM

The game is installed in “Steam\steamapps\common\Tesla Effect” under whatever folder you decided to install steam in, like “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tesla Effect”. And you can simply create a new shortcut to the “TeslaEffect.exe” by right-click-dragging it onto you desktop, or you can right click on the steam created shortcut, select “properties” and “change icon” and navigate to this exe.

spock84 - 10 May 2014 11:34 AM

Does anyone have savegames from after the whole deal with the guards at Senet? I hate the whole sneaking around thing and I keep dying, which is making this game more frustrating than it’s worth. This is exactly the same as when that alien kept killing me in The Pandora Directive..

It also annoyed me first, but it is much much easier that the alien thing in TPD, so if you are just a little bit careful, you can get past this without much difficult.

But if you insist on bypassing this, then send me a PM with an email, and I can mail you my savegames. But be aware like Jabod said, you will be playing with my choices and not your own.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

Cubase - 10 May 2014 11:29 AM

It’s a GTX 580, I should hope it supports FXAA. But even by forcing FXAA on through the CP, this is the result:

And when I move around, all those jaggies dance like crazy.

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

ZeframCochrane - 10 May 2014 12:20 PM
Cubase - 10 May 2014 11:29 AM

It’s a GTX 580, I should hope it supports FXAA. But even by forcing FXAA on through the CP, this is the result:

And when I move around, all those jaggies dance like crazy.

NOTE: Forcing “on” or “enhance” in the “Antialiasing Mode” will not make a difference becuase these settings rely on AA support in the program itself to begin with. You want to make sure the “Antialiasing - FXAA” option is set to on, as this is the one that applied AA to any 3D environment, regardless of support. If it is not working, check outer Nvidia control panel settings to see if one is not conflicting with your attempts to apply FXAA.

Joined 2007-11-28

PM

Cubase - 10 May 2014 03:29 PM

NOTE: Forcing “on” or “enhance” in the “Antialiasing Mode” will not make a difference becuase these settings rely on AA support in the program itself to begin with. You want to make sure the “Antialiasing - FXAA” option is set to on, as this is the one that applied AA to any 3D environment, regardless of support. If it is not working, check outer Nvidia control panel settings to see if one is not conflicting with your attempts to apply FXAA.

Yup, that’s what I did. Although I did indeed set “Antialiasing - Mode” to “Override Application settings”, I also set “Antialiasing - FXAA” to “On”, and on my system it made no difference.

But! I eventually found a way to enable it using Nvidia Inspector, using what I assume is SSAA. If anyone needs them, here’s the settings I used:
Antialiasing Compatibility: 0x004000C1
Antialiasing Mode: Override
Antialiasing Setting: 16xQ [16x CSAA (8 color + 8 cv samples)]
Antialiasing Transparency Multisampling: 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling

These settings make my GPU’s fan speed up like crazy, though.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

PLEASE HELP!!!Does anyone have a save file just before/after the Power Routing Station puzzle in Chapter 9 (GAMER MODE)?

I have a bug in that puzzle/save game, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to progress. Many thanks in advance.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

Niclas - 12 May 2014 04:30 AM

PLEASE HELP!!!Does anyone have a save file just before/after the Power Routing Station puzzle in Chapter 9 (GAMER MODE)?

I have a bug in that puzzle/save game, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to progress. Many thanks in advance.

You should have autosaves throughout and up until that point. That said, the development team is aware of this issue and working on a fix as we speak! Expect an update soon! As well as an update to other bugs and issues people are having!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-05-22

PM

I don’t understand how to enable 5.1 sound output in the game -  I have 7.1 output enabled through Windows sound panel, outputting via nvidia HDMI - but I hear nothing but stereo in Tesla Effect.  There don’t seem to be any options to enable surround inside the game.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

@ Cubase

Are you still working on the sound stutter problem?

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

a patch was released today for steam but gog hasn’t uploaded it as yet, some people sound is fixed. this patch fixed other problems as well

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Happy to report GOG 1.2 patch fixed my audio stutter.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top