• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Baron_BlubbaCaliMonkchrissiediegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Child-friendly adventure games (for watching only)

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-12-18

PM

I am thrilled that my 4-year old daughter has been fascinated by watching me play adventure games. She loves “Stacking”, and also the “Quiet Please” games by Nostatic Software.

Any recommendations on adventure games that are kid-friendly but still entertaining for adults? I played through so many classic adventure games on PC when I was a teen, but can’t remember which would be kid-safe. I bought Secret of Monkey Island (HD version) for PS3, but couldn’t remember details. I also kickstarted Broken Age and have yet to try it.

PS3/PC/Ouya are the platforms I have access to.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Phantasm… uhhh, I mean, Nancy Drew. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’d think Lily Looking Through would work as well.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Jabod - 23 April 2014 12:59 PM

I’d think Lily Looking Through would work as well.

Did with my (just) 6-year-old son anyway Wink . But definitely the 2 biggest successes with him are Machinarium & Botanicula - don’t know how many times he’s played through both of them, especially Machinarium. Others he’s played & enjoyed are Wallace and Gromit, Secret of Monkey Island, Broken Age, plus a couple of the Big Finish casual games I got for backing the Tex Kickstarter - Thunder Island & Shangri La.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-04-09

PM

Day of the Tentacle seemed pretty innocuous from what I remember.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

The Book of Unwritten Tales is a cartoony game but enjoyable for everyone - one of my favorites- and I recommend that. I don’t know if you have played the older games, but, my grandkids love watching Torin’s Passage and Kings Quest 7 and Chewy Escape from F5.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-12-18

PM

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Anyone else have additional ones?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

MartyNg - 15 May 2014 09:37 AM

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

If you tried them, how did you and your daughter like them? I’d say even a 4-year old should be able to appreciate Botanicula and perhaps Machinarium.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Is the Sierra edutainment series still unfashionable? The Dr. Brain series and Pepper’s Adventures in Time were very enjoyable in their day. May be too cerebral for a 4 year old but maybe something to keep in mind when she gets a little older.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Gobliiins series by Coktel Vision. Loved them as a kid, even though the puzzles are pretty tough. They are full of colorful graphics and hilarious animations. You can grab all 3 games on GOG for 6 bucks. There is also Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth that features similar graphic style and animation.

Then there are Legend of Kyrandia games (1 2 3). I was also introduced to Kyrandia as a kid, watching my mother playing it. Some of the best pixel art I’ve ever seen (at least in the first 2 games) and all those fantasy worlds with dragons and sorcerers. There are some spooky moments, but the games just breathe magic.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top