• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

POLL: Who is your least-liked protagonist?

Poll: Who is your least-liked protagonist?
Total Votes: 75
Malachi (Moebius)
Al Emmo
Rufus (Deponia)
Sadwick (Whispered World)
Samuel (Black Mirror)
Roger Samms (Bad Mojo)
Tex on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Gabriel Knight
Tony Tough
Larry
As-sayf (Legend of the Prophet and the Assassin)
Other

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 24 April 2014 06:02 AM

She is conveniently surrounded by retards she keeps taking care of, and nitwits she keeps solving problems for.

Sounds like a lot of protagonists from a lot of games (even non-adventure games) to me…

On-topic: I honestly can’t think of any protagonist that I’d want to nominate in a thread like this. Sure, I like some more than others, but I can’t recall outright hating one.
Is voting “Other: none” an option? Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

BTW, I expressed my dislike of Kate Walker too. I hate her with a passion. She is conveniently surrounded by retards she keeps taking care of, and nitwits she keeps solving problems for.

At my land when you wanna pick a fight all you gotta say “meet me outside” ,did I hear you saying it,

Nah ,come to think of it, I wouldn’t dream of standing up to you.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 24 April 2014 06:49 PM

At my land when you wanna pick a fight all you gotta say “meet me outside” ,did I hear you saying it,

If there’s someone picking a fight here it’s YOU. To me you said: How old are you Karlok Tongue Crazy (feels like Our cowboy/gabe speaking) ,or when did you lose your sense of humor ?? and to Bastich: I know you wont give a fuck about my reply ,but man you have issues ,Kate is the most living ag character I ever played with. maybe your dark inner side is too exposed ,

And another insult. Because some people happen to dislike a fictional character from a computer game you happen to like. Because you take every opinion personally.

Whatever.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

gosh, I loved all those protagonists except the one from Black Mirror - however- I really enjoyed the games. I just didn’t like his personality.  everyone else was so endearing in their own ways.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

TimovieMan - 24 April 2014 02:32 PM

On-topic: I honestly can’t think of any protagonist that I’d want to nominate in a thread like this. Sure, I like some more than others, but I can’t recall outright hating one.
Is voting “Other: none” an option? Smile

Well, the thread is for “least-liked” not “most hated.”
“Hate” is a bit strong of a word.
I don’t “hate” any of the 3 characters I listed.
But I certainly cringe at the thought of listening to them (at least the whiny English-voiced versions).

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 24 April 2014 02:32 PM

She is conveniently surrounded by retards she keeps taking care of, and nitwits she keeps solving problems for.

Sounds like a lot of protagonists from a lot of games (even non-adventure games) to me…

Hans and Momo are not quite all there. That’s TWO retards in one game. Unique.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Where’s George Stobbart? Don’t get me wrong I love the Broken Sword games, but he’s probably the most annoying protagonist.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

br305893 - 24 April 2014 08:15 PM

Where’s George Stobbart? Don’t get me wrong I love the Broken Sword games, but he’s probably the most annoying protagonist.

Heh. I’m not too fond of Georgie either. Brian from Runaway is worse IMO. Incredibly bland and always cheerful.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 24 April 2014 07:36 PM
Advie - 24 April 2014 06:49 PM

If there’s someone picking a fight here it’s YOU. To me you said: How old are you Karlok Tongue Crazy (feels like Our cowboy/gabe speaking) ,or when did you lose your sense of humor ?? and to Bastich: I know you wont give a fuck about my reply ,but man you have issues ,Kate is the most living ag character I ever played with. maybe your dark inner side is too exposed ,

And another insult. Because some people happen to dislike a fictional character from a computer game you happen to like. Because you take every opinion personally.

Whatever.

1.i wasn’t picking a fight I was asking a couple of questions if you had anything against them, you should had answered previously .
2 don’t stand up for bastich ,he is old enough to talk for himself ,not to forget how you already had bashed him many times before ,so no need to play the angel here, doesn’t suite you.
3 I defend who I like ,as its for this fictional characters thingy you want me to shut up?. then maybe these forums should shut down in the 1st place ,then.
4. My last statement maybe just needed a smily face ,because all meant by not ,standing up to you ‘is that I would lose the fight ,and that was intended to be told out of my respect to you ,so there was no intention to insult you at allll.
5 i would really go for a fight for Kate walker’s sake if I had to (period)  Sarcastic

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 24 April 2014 09:15 PM

1.i wasn’t picking a fight I was asking a couple of questions if you had anything against you should had answered previously .
2 don’t stand up for bastich ,he is old enough to talk for himself ,not to forget how you already bashed him many times before ,so no need to play the angel now ,doesn’t suite you.
3 I defend who I like ,and as for fictional characters thingy you want me to shut up ,then maybe these forums should be shut down then.
4. My last statement just needed a smily face because all meant by not standing up to you is that I would lose the fight out of my respect to you ,so there was no intended insult at allll.
5 i would really go for a fight for Kate walker sake if I had to (period)

1. No, you were being insulting. Dragging Gabe into it too.
2. You are being insulting again. I wasn’t “defending Bastich”, I was quoting YOU to show you how insulting YOU were.
3. Oh, I see. YOU can defend who you like and I cannot.
4. You know something, Advie? After all your insults I find that hard to believe.

Bye, Advie.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It’s only that Kate can’t defend herself .

But this is no drama this is reality and I know how stubborn you are ,So karlok ,I am sorry.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Okay, Advie.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

crabapple - 24 April 2014 07:51 PM

Well, the thread is for “least-liked” not “most hated.”
“Hate” is a bit strong of a word.

Yeah, but I don’t recall outright “disliking” a protagonist either… Grin

Advie - 24 April 2014 09:15 PM

3 I defend who I like ,as its for this fictional characters thingy you want me to shut up?. then maybe these forums should shut down in the 1st place ,then.

Yes, because a simple ban wouldn’t do that without shutting down the entire forums… Wink

Advie, please stop with these instigating remarks towards other forum members. I don’t have a problem with your semi-trolling “I’m just trying to be funny” remarks you so often make lately, but I DO have a problem with posts that seem like you’re picking a fight (like here with Karlok). So stop doing that before I have to stop it for you…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am glad it was you and how you put Tim ,there is no way I can add to what you said or to prove that my actions in this thread are anywhere near responsible , but you know better that I don’t care if I am banned or not ,maybe even I would give you now a good better reason to ban me ,but that would be even more irresponsible ,
the only reason I still hang on/out here is because of some members I really like and don’t wanna get disconnected from .
I already had been drained out through my time here ,and drained out every possible way to show adventure gamers here what adventure gaming is all about ,the passion to stand up and fight for the most beautiful underrated thing multimedia can provide .
anyways I am feeling cold about the genre for a while and haven’t been playing any thing new ,so consider me dead until further notice or until Scott and mark decide to when to release there gem.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Advie - 25 April 2014 02:30 PM

I already had been drained out through my time here ,and drained out every possible way to show adventure gamers here what adventure gaming is all about ,the passion to stand up and fight for the most beautiful underrated thing multimedia can provide .
anyways I am feeling cold about the genre for a while and haven’t been playing any thing new ,so consider me dead until further notice or until Scott and mark decide to when to release there gem.

Advie, please never go cold towards the genre and never lose the passion. Your passion is needed and appreciated here!

And, yes, I also look forward to SpaceVenture. I believe it will be amazing.

Please never give up supporting this great genre and art form!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top