• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 14 April 2014

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Synnergist (1996) is game about a reporter for a tabloid magazine named Tim Machin, who starts off the game innocently interviewing a philanthropist for an article and soon finds himself getting embroiled in a series of serial murders as well as investigating a lethal new narcotic that has hit the streets.

It’s a standard 3rd person inventory puzzle based game with FMV, similar in style to Martian Memorandum. Subway scenes like the above occur as you travel between locations after you trigger important events and are used to further explain and advance the plot.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

What OS did you play this on?
Will Win XP do?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Don’t you think sci-fi authors always fail when predicting future? I mean, 2001: A Space Odyssey had a thinking computer, and Synnergist has roads flying in between the buildings in 2010:

Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 14 April 2014 06:18 AM

Don’t you think sci-fi authors always fail when predicting future?

Well that is part of the charm.
In the end sci-fi always end up saying more about the time it was created in, then anything about the future. It reflects the hopes and fears that people at that time had about the future, and in many ways does it better than any social-realistic fiction of the same time. But actually predicting the future, everybody always get that part wrong, and nobody has ever been able to predict what the future will be like.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Iznogood - 14 April 2014 07:20 AM

... and nobody has ever been able to predict what the future will be like.

Surprisingly enough.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 14 April 2014 07:32 AM
Iznogood - 14 April 2014 07:20 AM

... and nobody has ever been able to predict what the future will be like.

Surprisingly enough.

P.K.D never fail.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 14 April 2014 06:18 AM

Don’t you think sci-fi authors always fail when predicting future? I mean, 2001: A Space Odyssey had a thinking computer, and Synnergist has roads flying in between the buildings in 2010:

Grin

Yes, but I’m pretty sure Idiocracy has already succeeded in its predictions…

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

zobraks - 14 April 2014 04:17 AM

What OS did you play this on?
Will Win XP do?

It’s a DOS game so I used DOSBox to play it.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Bastich - 15 April 2014 02:15 AM

DOSBox

Run for the hills!!!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I have two burning questions:
Advie, what is P.K.D.?
Zobraks, what on earth is wrong with DOSbox?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

1. I’m not Adventurere, but since he’s mostly absent lately I’ll tell you it’s Philip K. Dick (SF writer).
2. In short: it’s difficult to use (and no, I’m not retarded, it IS difficult to use - just compare it to ScummVM).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

zobraks - 15 April 2014 06:53 AM

2. In short: it’s difficult to use (and no, I’m not retarded, it IS difficult to use - just compare it to ScummVM).

Use a frontend manager then. D-Fend Reloaded is just as easy to use as ScummVM.

Here are some others: http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxFrontends

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 15 April 2014 06:53 AM

1. I’m not Adventurere, but since he’s mostly absent lately

So I noticed. Come back, Advie! Zobraks and I miss your posts.

I’ll tell you it’s Philip K. Dick (SF writer).

You must be psychic! It’s like swimming in alphabet soup. How was I supposed to get that? And yes, of course I know who he is.

I don’t have problems with it very often. But it’s a pity I can’t get The Riddle of Master Lu to run.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

We’re treading the old ground here - zobraks HATES DOSBox. If he had a chance, he’d stab DOSBox in the back in the dark alley. There’s no other explanation.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I agree with him. I grew up with DOS but there’s no reason we should be typing DOS commands in 2014.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I find typing stuff on a tablet or one of those ultramodern cell phonies much, much more awkward and annoying than (touch)typing a simple DOS command I know by heart on my keyboard.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top