• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Jdawg445 - 11 January 2017 11:43 AM

AI in all the uncharted games is sort of broken, meaning sometimes you will be right next to a guy and they wont see you and the next time they will hear a feather fall a 100 feet away. I did the same thing on the sneak aboard the airplane level trying to stealth the whole level.

It’s not a matter of it being broken. It’s just a lack of focus. I think the developers didn’t want UC to change into Splinter Cell, so they give you light elements of stealth but hope that the majority of encounters end up in gunfights. It’s an action adventure game after all.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Origami - 11 January 2017 01:25 PM

AI in all the uncharted games is sort of broken, meaning sometimes you will be right next to a guy and they wont see you and the next time they will hear a feather fall a 100 feet away. I did the same thing on the sneak aboard the airplane level trying to stealth the whole level.

It’s not a matter of it being broken. It’s just a lack of focus. I think the developers didn’t want UC to change into Splinter Cell, so they give you light elements of stealth but hope that the majority of encounters end up in gunfights. It’s an action adventure game after all.

I disagree if a dev puts in gameplay mechanics they should work properly or dont add them. Its not game breaking or anything but they should work in the game world.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jdawg445 - 11 January 2017 02:29 PM
Origami - 11 January 2017 01:25 PM

I disagree if a dev puts in gameplay mechanics they should work properly or dont add them. Its not game breaking or anything but they should work in the game world.

Stealth always seem to be the problem, every non-stealth game with light stealth elements ends up being a bad sequence. Also happens in adventure games that add them.
In Uncharted it never annoyed me much, I usually got 2 or 3 guards and started the gunfight but every gameplay element in Uncharted is light. Platforming is automatic, stealth is not deep, combat is killing waves and waves of enemies with (of course) automatic health regen. It’s fun for what it is but I don’t get it why the fourth version of it is winning so many Goty awards.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 11 January 2017 04:25 PM

Stealth always seem to be the problem, every non-stealth game with light stealth elements ends up being a bad sequence. Also happens in adventure games that add them.
In Uncharted it never annoyed me much, I usually got 2 or 3 guards and started the gunfight but every gameplay element in Uncharted is light. Platforming is automatic, stealth is not deep, combat is killing waves and waves of enemies with (of course) automatic health regen. It’s fun for what it is but I don’t get it why the fourth version of it is winning so many Goty awards.

Yeah, I approached the same way, and again I feel the developers intended it that way. Take out a few to gain an advantage, better equipment and then enter gunfight.
Imagine going through the game all stealth, would have been a waste of those great action sound tracks.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Jdawg445 - 11 January 2017 02:29 PM

But they do work properly. They are just very limited to sneaking up to enemies without being in their line of sight. The game is consistent that way.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 January 2017 04:25 PM

It’s fun for what it is but I don’t get it why the fourth version of it is winning so many Goty awards.

Its usual , oh the story is so good, 10/10,, not unlike TWD
Which is a shame because after playing TR, UC4 didnt innovate shit, feels empty shell of former self
That ledge climbing the game is now upgraded to L1 to winch
Where RoTR does so many things with it gameplay , its not even funny
You will find out

Considering awards for all story centric indies and such, industry definitely skews towards narrative, what we are discussing in other thread

And yeah them shoehorned stealth segments
reminds me of MGR,GTA,

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

The Last of Us Remastered - Plus: Left Behind Chapter

It is the first time I was able to this game, I had heard so many wonderful things but never had the chance to play it. I had a PS2 and now I jumped to the PS4. In any case, I must admit that my expectations were a bit high and fortunately I can say with confidence that they have been satiated.

Graphically it looks great, the faces & expressions of the main characters are very well done and it helps a lot to understand and share the mood of the characters. The music of Santaolla is amazing, and is perfectly adapted to the landscapes and situations that are occurring, it helps us to enter even more into the world of Ellie and Joel. As for the action I think it is very well implemented and in the right moments…. all positive qualities, but where the game stands out more is obviously in its story than without being extremely original it is told so well that it is impossible not to be touched and attracted by what what is happening.The relationship between the characters is excellent and here I think lies its key point. Anyway.. I loved this game, I’m going to play it now on a major difficulty. These kinds of games are my favorites. I want more ...more… 10/10

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Ending was pretty wicked, eh?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Origami - 12 January 2017 07:37 PM

Ending was pretty wicked, eh?

I thought it was good, I liked it, the only thing I wanted was that the game did not have the typical happy ending and did not have it, maybe it was shocking for many, but I think it was good. It left me wanting to continue seeing what can happen after that(I want more stories between Ellie and Joel) but also I could not say that the game had a “hook ending” , a “to be continued” ending, nah…it wasn’t like that ... yeah, I know a second part is coming but even if there was not second part it would be fine as it is I think.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I have mixed feelings about the sequel.

Thought the first game ended with enough closure and little ambiguity. So really no need for a sequel. On the other hand: it’s freaking Naughty Dog and they said they went through 100’s of scenarios for a sequel and came to conclude that it could only be done with Joel and Elle again. So I have faith…

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2007-12-03

PM

Last finished game: Milkmaid of the Milky Way.
Currently playing: Assassin’s Creed 2. What a fun game Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 12 January 2017 10:28 PM

So really no need for a sequel

I wont be surprised if it centers around Ellie’s childhood and her mother
And maybe who killed her mother, they might give her Mother as playable in intro or something only to be revealed as alive and politics with Fireflies

Only thing i dont want is Joel dying or already dead Joel as Ellie’s mental support

Wateva story might be, its awesome her to have anotsurvival stealth horror trip on ps4
There is a lot Tlou can do in gameplay department

Thing is how Cyberpunk or Days Gone will dilute tlou2 experience

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Resident Evil 7

Pros

- Top tier 1st half pacing, first few hours are one of the best in gaming
- Back to roots, Item management, saves, savetheme, ammo management, intense Boss fights,all are back like oldschool now in First person
- Mansion design and layout is great, huge like REmake, lots of REmake type puzzles
- Backtracking to solve puzzles
- Fun crafting and exploring ,hunting items in environment is more fun and smoother than Dishonored
- 60 fps is a blessing esp for boss fights
- Weapons pack a lot of punch, esp head shots
- Amazing atmosphere(sound design and graphics)
- Plenty of jump scares, some are legit
- Texas massacre and evil dead inspiration used cleverly as game mechanics
- Twist in the ending was greaaat for fans and for future DLC potential
- Bossfights leave you hunting for every last bullet you can find
- Fun and clever puzzles, from finding keys to combing items to Silenthill
type floor by floor maze mind *****
- Best RE since RE outbreak2 in terms of horror
- Better than Evil within
- In game cinetamics were good, very believable and some acting by NPCs was top tier in AAA gaming(also surprisingly, Cinematics Director is Naveed Khonsari of 1979,Gta and Alanwake fame)

Cons

- 2nd half is not as good as first half
- Lack of enemy variety in 2nd half
- Last boss is meh
- Gunplay can be janky at times esp with handgun
- Story loses steam in 2nd half gradually to final act with bad trope and good Bmovie turns into bad movie cliche

Verdict

Brings hope in gaming, where everyone promises to be like old days, mostly missing the mark, Capcom magically did it without famous Directors
It can be done, in first half it all felt like so easy game design
I wasn’t expecting the intense , nerve wrecking gameplay nor the feel of 90s
Its like 90s in first person on next gen engine with some AAA set pieces and pandering but no handholding
If only it had more enemy types and good final fight so -1

9/10

There are plenty of DLCs coming so that with REmake2 and Evilwithin2 ,
things are going to be a little busy around in Survival horror scene before it vanishes
like T virus Tongue

P.S = Played in Medium , took me 11 hrs, easy has regen health

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great review. Resident Evil and Capcom are back!

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top