• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

@Nomadsoul

You didn’t mention the part where it is free.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 07 December 2016 06:56 PM

@Nomadsoul

You didn’t mention the part where it is free.

Its free if you have ps4, technically you dont need to read my review just try it
yourself

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Dishonored 2

Playtime - 19h 35m

Played as Emily out for revenge against her evil Aunt. She has a slightly different set of skills from Corvo so I might go back and play as Corvo at some point.

Went for a stealthy non leathal playthrough and failed when I accidently dropped an unconcious witch off a balcony she was sitting on. Could have reloaded but didn’t realise she was dead until mission end.

Pros

* I love the look of this game. I like the weird painterly feel.

* The powers are great and you can tailor them to lethal and non lethal as you play. Emily’s shadow walk and Far Reach were uses alot whereas I din’t use Domino or the other more lethal skills.

* Level design is some of the best around. The are filled with hidden areas and hard to reach routes though them that unless you spend a lot of time looking you will miss most of the areas. I bypassed the whole Dust region because I solves a weird door logic puzzle. (seemed a bit out of place in the game by hey it was an option.)

* Shout out to the Clockwork Massion level which was superb. Also two games in a row that had a two time period level, both were a lot of fun.

* Story was plentiful and the characters suitable strange. There is a lot of reading to get backstory and a lot of exploration to find some of it, but it was worth it.

Cons

* If playing it on a non lethal playthrough prepare to die alot. Getting discovered frequently gets all guards running and taking on more than one without killing is nearly impossible. The NPC dont like to wait when you are choking out one of their friends and will run them through to get to you leading on dead NPC and ruined level. Or they just gang up and plain murder you.

* Story is pretty generic and not that exciting.

Come for the superb levels and fun gameplay which with replayability might keep you coming back to it.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Isometric action adventure game which can be played with up to 4 players co-op.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-lara-croft-and-the-temple-of-osiris/2300-9793/
If you want to know more.

Overall it’s a ok game. It’s a short game with an overworld and 9 Tombs to puzzle through. There is not much of a story other than rebuild Osiris and defeat Set.

Each Tomb takes about 15 mins so without doing challenge tombs or collectibles it takes about 3 hours to finish.

Levels are well designed and look fine.

Overall a pretty average game that passed the time.

2.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

finally got a ps4 going through the uncharted series and so far I beat number 1 and about 40 percent done with number 2.

number one was fun but not the greatest game or story. the action was good and the voice acting and dialogue are there but it felt like a clone of a tomb raider game mixed with some gears of war. with a third rate Indiana Jones story. 7.5 to 8/10

Number 2 so far is a huge upgrade in every way. I feel like the dialogue is better, voice acting is still phenomenal, the story so far is more interesting, and the gameplay is a huge improvement. The game basically is on rails but there is so much vertical gameplay that the action always feels more important and in your face than the first game. I do wish there were some more puzzles/tombs, like the first one though. so far easily a 9/10

It is fun seeing a company like naughty dog building on each game and adding meaningful changes.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Number 2 is the best, just forget about the tombs and puzzles, it’s not Tomb Raider, it’s all about the action and fun story

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Don’t believe Wilco.

I am number 4 is the best.

In regards to your criticism about dialogue and plot being weaker in the first game, it was almost done deliberatey. Uncharted 1 was to play out like a B-movie action adventure whereas from Uncharted 2 and onwards their scope got bigger and they are supposed to represent summer blockbusters.

In regards to the lack of tombs: you mentioned Indiana Jones and these games are the closest things to those movies. The majority of the plot will not take place in tombs but rather tell the quest in search of them, just like Indy.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

well the first one had more puzzles and a little more challenge with them. to me with the new tomb raiders games the best part are the tombs and the puzzles, not the stories or gunplay in those games. The story for uncharted two is going back into indiana jones territory again though, with shock even more nazis. the other thing is nate always acts shocked when he finds out the treasure he is hunting has mystic power and he needs proof; did he forget what he saw in the first game, obviously there are magical items in his world. so far the highlights for me have been the building level being brought down by the chopper and the train level. I am also surprised how little sully has to do with this game, he has been gone since about the 3rd chapter and im at 70 to 75 percent complete according to the stats. I actually like the stealth mechanics too and use them, although the stealth AI is really lacking, but I like that component of the game

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The Last Guardian

Playtime - Doesn’t give a specific figure but I played it over 2 days and I got the trophy for <15 hours , but not the <5 hours one so probably in the 10 hours range.

I thought it was a great game, certainly not a flawless game but up the top end.

Pros

* Fantastic Level Design. Exploring the levels were a joy for the most part.
* Trico - Makes this game. His interaction, movement and emotion is just amazing. (when he does what he is told Pan )
* Music is beautiful.
* Graphics are good, but there is some PS3 that squeeked in there.
* The puzzles were suitably challenging at times. I liked how the game did not hold your hand and only gave subltle hints and never pointed you in the direction.
* Great ending Cry

Cons

* Camera was fecking dreadful. Glitching inside Trico or just too close to appreaciate the architectural splendure.
* Controls were a bit wonky. Sometimes lacked precision when trying to make him jump off of things onto narrow ledges. And getting Trico to do stuff was sometimes frustrating as fu*k just like my last dog. Laughing
* wasn’t a fan of the mash all buttons to escape routine, it got old quick. 

It’s no ICO, but it’s a great game.

4.5/5

Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 29 December 2016 02:34 PM

* Graphics are good, but there is some PS3 that squeeked in there.

Graphics are superb, old PS4 cannot even maintain stable FPS
Toriko’s hair and their animation alone take more processing power than static UE4 or UC4 foliage, and sometimes the camera is even one shot, and shifts from cutscene to game
Not to mention AI computing and animations
Also some setpieces had more debris and physics at one time than UC4 (with static camera)

Titanfail2 source engine is PS3 tier

-Ueda’s defense force

Smile

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Life is Strange

Played through all 5 episodes of this over the last three days.

Pros

* Graphics are great with a real painterly look at times.
* Loved the music.
* The atmosphere in the game is fantastic.
* The interplay between Max and Chloe is fantastic.
* The breadth of characters in the game. Although most of them are cliches, they are mostly well rounded with a nice mix of types.
* The detail in the locations is great allowing for a lot of interaction that adds to the story and characters in the game.
* The story and decisions feel like they have real weight, esp at the end of episode two.
* Voice work is great.
* The puzzles may be few but there are a couple of really good ones.

Cons

* Dialogue can be occassionally cheesy.
* Puzzle lite
* Tone of the story can be a bit up or down
* Weird Stealth section Why??

I regret not playing this in 2015 when I bought it as it is a great game that puts most of the Telltale games in the shade. It will be interesting to see what they do with Season 2.

4.5/5

Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

beat uncharted 2 today for the first time, like I said before got a ps4 and going through all four games i na row for the first time ever.

I give uncharted 2 a 9/10. the characters, dialogue and acting are all great and a notch above the first game, I even liked the one note bad guy. The story started out more interesting than uncharted 1 but fell into the throw away indiana jones schlock. The set pieces were amazing, and the action was good. I did have problems sometimes with seeing what you can interact with as far as the platforming goes and the mechanics that went along with that were wonky. I also thought at some pts they just threw too many bad guys at you and it went from being fun to repetitive. Like I said in a previous post I could have used a couple of more puzzles, bc they were fun and added to the lore, plus I loved drakes notebook and all his doodles.

Last negative for me and this contains a small spoiler, late in the game there is a section were elena says something along the lines of try to keep a low profile and take the guards out silently in the tower, after failing many times I looked it up online and its actually impossible to do that. the only reason that line of dialogue is there is so elena can bust your balls about it later.

ps I like Elena but would have chosen Chole 10/10 times, I loved spending time with her during the game, she was great.

starting uncharted 3 in the next couple of days, heard it is the weakest we shall see.

so far for me to recap
uncharted 1 is for me a 7.5/10
Uncharted 2 is 9/10

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Jdawg445 - 03 January 2017 04:00 PM

ps I like Elena but would have chosen Chole 10/10 times, I loved spending time with her during the game, she was great.

Look forward to the UC4 DLC then. It seems to be Chloe-centric.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lucien21 - 03 January 2017 04:19 PM
Jdawg445 - 03 January 2017 04:00 PM

Look forward to the UC4 DLC then. It seems to be Chloe-centric.

is it out yet or upcoming, I think after uncharted 3 I will take a break and start witcher 3, before uncharted 4, I dont want the formula to wear thin after 3 games in a row

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 Edition

Pros

Decent story fleshing out Lara’s past
Puzzles/Tombs are good
Decent atmosphere
Lara’s outfits, all unlocked on PS4 16 something
Latest patch removes input lag, Lara’s movement feels really good
Some real good rope/arrow use in last quarter

Cons

TR2013 was better in story, graphics design, art and setting, its not a notch up but just scratching the TR itch
Combat is janky
Too grey and white palette
FPS is not consistent
Drags too much in the end
Lack of variety in locations, recycled stuff from TR2013
Overall PS3 HD graphics
Bad AI

8/10

Content is there, Lara is there and adventure is there.
With Uncharted series high on rails game design, TR still gives more gameplay content, which is unique on its own since not many companies do 3rd person puzzle action platformer adventure anymore
With Deadspace creative director now acting as Director for next game, i hope it introduces something new to franchise with less re-cycling

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top