• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-07-13

PM

Just finished the new Witcher 3 addon “Blood and Wine” on PS4, I have throughly enjoyed the whole game and looking forward to the next instalment.

Check out my new solitaire website: https://www.spidersolitaireonline.net. When you play a game there is always a winner!

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2007-12-03

PM

Finished “The Rivers of Alice” a while ago, still working on “Blood & Wine” Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Costume Quest 2

I got this as part of Games with Gold on the Xbone. I remember playing the first one when it came out and enjoying it.

It’s a RPG-lite game set around Halloween. You play as a three kids who wander round town collecting candy and finding costume parts while fighting monsters. Different Costumes have different abilities both in and out of combat which help you level up and find secret areas.

Combat is turn based, the kids turn into whatever costume they are wearing and can attack or use special cards on each turn. Attacking is timing based with precision button pressing deals more damage. This also work when defending when a timed button press will block damage.

The plot of this one involves time travel and a dentist who wants to ban Halloween and Candy. You have to travel back and forward in time as the story dictates trying to recover the relic that he used to release the monsters and ban Halloween.

Overall it’s a cutsy fun game that takes about 8-10 to complete. It’s not that tough so can be used as an intro to RPG’s.

3/5

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-costume-quest-2/2300-9540/

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2007-12-03

PM

Finished “Life is Strange” today after having put it on the shelf for a while because of that annoying stealth sequence towards the end. I’m glad I pulled through. Amazing game.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2016-07-27

PM

Layers of fear
The review here sums it up pretty good. Some really great ideas and design choices but it’s to long, the mystery not layered enough and therefore a pretty boring hunted house ride

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2010-05-14

PM

So i went oldskool and played some SCUMM games. God the joy and the pain.

Simon the Sorceror: hilarious game. Pixel hunting at its hardest, miss one and you are screwed. Lots of time spent going back and forth, going deeper into madness but it was worth it! I’ll play the sequel(s) later Smile (8/10)

The Legend of Kyrandia
: Oh god, i remember this game when i played it as a kid and got stuck (probably because of a gamebreaking mistake you can make). So i’m back 20 years later and tackled this game head on. I don’t think i ever suffered this much in an adventure game, or anyways it has been a long time. SAVE OFTEN AND HAVE MULTIPLE SAVES!! I had like 20 saves because if you screwed something up you can go never back. You miss one item(/didn’t bring it with you) in a stage and you are SCREWED!!! But i did it!! I finished it without a walkthrough (i never use a walkthrough, it ruins the game). I give it a 7/10. If you want temp. madness play Kyrandia (the first one, don’t know about the sequels)

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
: Also a childhood game i never finished (got stuck). 20 years later i’m back, stronger,smarter and a AG veteran. Hilarious fun game with some hard puzzles. But if you use your brain you get through it, i did the wits & partner path. I’m gonna do the fight path later..too indy burned out :p (9,5/10)

Now it’s time for MANIAC MANSION (DELUXE)!. Another game i never finished when i was a kid. This game always scared me, anyways wish me luck!!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Headlander

Good Metroidvania-type game. You control a head that can takeover different types of bodies, bodies have different colours that allow to open different doors and new powers.
Main story is ok, nothing mindblowing but the dialogues are great, typical Double Fine comedy with the usual good voice acting.
Graphically it uses a filter a colors to give it a 80s scifi aesthetic that works well specially with the cool soundtrack. Best credits song since Portal!
Combat starts simplistic but since lasers can bounce off walls it can get very hectic. Last level was not so good, frustrating and very buggy! Crashed a lot and even skipped a boss battle at the end.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 01 August 2016 04:21 AM

Headlander

Good Metroidvania-type game. You control a head that can takeover different types of bodies, bodies have different colours that allow to open different doors and new powers.
Main story is ok, nothing mindblowing but the dialogues are great, typical Double Fine comedy with the usual good voice acting.
Graphically it uses a filter a colors to give it a 80s scifi aesthetic that works well specially with the cool soundtrack. Best credits song since Portal!
Combat starts simplistic but since lasers can bounce off walls it can get very hectic. Last level was not so good, frustrating and very buggy! Crashed a lot and even skipped a boss battle at the end.

Rate it

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 01 August 2016 05:46 AM

Headlander

Rate it

3 out of 5

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 01 August 2016 06:29 AM
nomadsoul - 01 August 2016 05:46 AM

Headlander

Rate it

3 out of 5

Okay flash sale then.
How it can look better than BAge without ks money?
Neutral

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 01 August 2016 06:47 AM

Okay flash sale then.
Neutral

Adulta Swim Games money probably helped Smile

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-07-23

PM

Just ended Age Of Mythology extended edition Grin Laughing  Laughing

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 01 August 2016 08:10 AM
nomadsoul - 01 August 2016 06:47 AM

Okay flash sale then.
Neutral

Adulta Swim Games money probably helped Smile

Hmmm so budget is more than 3 million

Tongue

Good to see Dfine can still convince bigshots.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Near Death

http://store.steampowered.com/app/327560/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

Wanted to make a thread in AG section, but action in description could turn mods away.

Its not survival game like many other indies out there, its story driven game like Firewatch but with actual mechanics to survive in harsh weather.

I am huge fan of great AG on ps2 called Rawdanger, that and The Thing.
So i caved in , but its really good effort hard to find nowadays on unusual setting.

You gather resources to stay warm like Rawdanger, but communicate with your fellow crew similar to Firewatch, going from locations to locations, scavenging resources finding hot places using heater, poles, flashlight etc.
Amount of exploration and surviving mechanics differentiates it from walking simulators.

Its short , about 4 hours, but atmosphere,music,story and setting makes it a great original experience.

4.5/5

Cons

I was expecting The thing like twist , creature in the end but it didnt go for that trope, there are already hidenseek horror indies out there so its not a major drawback

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Fallout 4

Bethesda’s last big RPG release is back to the Wasteland. Basically Fallout 3 with a new location and a weird new crafting and managing settlement mechanics.

Finished the main quest at level 34 (Cap is 50), it took about 33 hours spread over a long time.

Like most of these Bethesda games it takes me about a year to complete. I get lost in the vastness of the world, get frustrated in the slow progress at the start of the game when low powered. In Fallout 4 it was low levels of ammo for a long time.

However like all of these games there is a tipping point where you get a certain skill or get to a certain level and suddenly i’m kicking ass and taking names, Ammo flowing out the wazzooo.

I used Valentine as a companion for virtually all the game, allying with the Minutemen and eradicating the Comonwealth of those untruting Synths. (Ironic as Valentine is a robot)

Can’t say I was into the whole building settlements gig. The system is clunky and not much fun. I did just enough to keep the settlements happy but didn’t spend a huge amount of time on any of them.

Mostly I went around randomly finising locations and doing missions.

I like the game but didn’t love it.

3/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top