• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Call of Cthulhu

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Henke - 09 April 2014 08:45 PM

It was indeed really good. When you woke up in bed to the sound of some guys smashing down your door leading to you being chased between rooms while trying to lock and block the doors were truly awesome. It relied a little to much on shooting according to me but it’s still an amazing game.

I agree with this in full.  I can still remember every instant of that particular moment in my head!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bonsai - 07 April 2014 04:14 PM
nomadsoul - 05 April 2014 02:17 PM

Only games that reek lovecraftian feel are Eternaldarkness and Dark corners of the earth.

Absolutely correct!

Monolith - 07 April 2014 05:06 PM

Amnesia, Penumbra, Dark Corners, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakening, etc. Of course Eternal Darkness was the absolute perfect representation of Lovecraftian in gaming,

Lambonius - 09 April 2014 02:03 PM

Anybody here play the excellent Call of Cthulu game on the original xbox?  That game was vastly underrated—one of the most atmospheric experiences on that whole system, and with far more adventure game elements than you typically see in FPS-style games.  I used to go through that game once or twice a year—it was great!

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Congratulations.  You can thank your wall-of-image posts for making the rest of the thread more trouble to read than it’s worth.  Wink

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I hate that gif soooo much. I don’t know why, but it freaks me out. Tongue

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lambonius - 10 April 2014 01:05 PM

Congratulations.  You can thank your wall-of-image posts for making the rest of the thread more trouble to read than it’s worth.  Wink

Nope

The posts which you didnt bother to read are on first page without my
wall-of-image posts.

Tongue

But atleast you noticed the gif Wink

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

Henke - 07 April 2014 08:15 PM

You hardly see any “creatures” in Amnesia. It’s the story, characters and setting that’s the thing. This was one of the genious things about Lovecrafts writing IMO. Many times he didn’t even describe how the “monsters” looked like, only vague descriptions about how it was to much for a human to comprehend.

Apsolutely agree with this, the reason why Amnesia was so good were not the monsters but the setting, sound and how you got the feeling that every moment you could be attacked by something.

Lambonius - 09 April 2014 02:03 PM

Anybody here play the excellent Call of Cthulu game on the original xbox?  That game was vastly underrated—one of the most atmospheric experiences on that whole system, and with far more adventure game elements than you typically see in FPS-style games.  I used to go through that game once or twice a year—it was great!

DCOTE was amazing, I played it on my PC. The atmosphere was great and I think that they managed to get very close to the experience you could expect from something that is inspired by Lovecraft.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Totally forgot about this

I hope it returns one of my fav director,love his imagination and character designs

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/68585-guillermo-del-toros-video-game-is-back

Same monster designer who worked on Panslabyrinth

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Insane better make a bigger splash this year. It was so disappointing to have such a great artist tapping into a new medium then throw the project on the back burner. Guillermo is brilliant! Loved every film he directed and produced. He even made Blade that much better when he directed. (I know people are 50/50 on that one but I don’t give a SH**!)

When he had stated that the only games he considers masterpieces were Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, then you’d know Insane might be something special. Smile

Plus it hurt so much when he turned down the opportunity to direct At the Mountains of Madness! Any modern lovecraft reimagining/product would be a huge undertaking.

Oh and did anyone go to the Lovecraft Film Festival last weekend?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This is old but Frogwares out of the Call of Cthulhu game and being replaced by Cyanide Studio?

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=242

They are now working with a new publisher on a new Sherlock Holmes for next year
http://www.frogwares.com/blog/new-sherlock-holmes-game-airs-in-2016/

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

I was actually wondering about this a few weeks ago. Well, 2017 is better than never…

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

wilco - 15 September 2015 06:54 PM

This is old but Frogwares out of the Call of Cthulhu game and being replaced by Cyanide Studio?

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=242

They are now working with a new publisher on a new Sherlock Holmes for next year
http://www.frogwares.com/blog/new-sherlock-holmes-game-airs-in-2016/

I wonder what happened here? The new SH-game will obviously still be great but what this means for the Cthulhu-game is way more clouded.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, some great news. There are 2 Lovecraft games. Frogwares is still working on it’s game:

http://frogwares.com/sinking-city-news/

Name is Sinking City

It’s a Open world investigation Lovecraftian game

The lovely screenshots:

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Call of Cthulhu E3 2016 trailer looks extremely old school.Sinking City’s concept art rather more thrilling for now.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 11 June 2016 09:08 AM

Call of Cthulhu E3 2016 trailer looks extremely old school.Sinking City’s concept art rather more thrilling for now.

Cyanide game is RPG based, not strictly AG.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top