• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tales from the Borderlands - Telltale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I guess it will be a Wolf Among Us approach, lots of references to the fans of comics but not really need to read them to appreciate the games. GoT might be trickier because the lore is so vast it might be difficult to set the games completely appart from the book/ TV series.
I think GoT might be later since almost nothing about it was revealed yet.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

GoT will be set before the books or show, so I don’t think it’ll be an issue as it’ll probably be like TWAU too. You’re probably right about the release date though, not much has been said or shown on Game of thrones.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 02 September 2014 05:04 AM

You don’t need to know anything about the other games for this or GoT to play them which was a big concern for me.

Anything ??? I call total bullshit on that one and i can prove it wrong.
But i need most of you to play it so i won’t. Wink

wilco - 02 September 2014 07:26 AM

I guess it will be a Wolf Among Us approach, lots of references to the fans of comics but not really need to read them to appreciate the games.

The only problem is Tales is set heavily on the Villian starring in 2 proper
games. And Tales is set after it so background knowhow is must unlike TWAU prequel.

Even the first trailer has 2 characters from the game and i need my new trailer
already, too bad they didn’t show anything at PAX.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That’s what all the people that have played it have said. I don’t see why it would be an issue. TWAU wasn’t.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m looking forward to this game. Telltale games I enjoy playing and this one should be up to their current level of quality - which has me looking forward to playing it on both the ios and VITA.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Was reading some PAX hands-on impressions from this game, seems to play mostly like Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us but with a comedy tone.
The most diverging aspect of this series seem to be the approach to action sequences. (makes sense given it’s based on a shooter).
QTE still play a part but there’s a part before the start of a action sequence where you choose the weapons and the order you use them that’s going to affect how the scene will play out. Borderlands series is known for the huge ammount of different weapons available so there should be some level of customization and choice at the start of a sequence.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, the IGN hands on said the actions scenes played well and you felt very involved like in TWAU, but with more control. Along with character dialogue choices like in TWD/TWAU, Tales of borderlands will have another layer that focuses on choices made in the action scenes.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

It’s not too late for them to lose license as they did with King’s Quest.

I would be extremely happy if I could play a game settled in this universe (not counting Cyanide rubbish).

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Bogi - 03 September 2014 12:01 PM

It’s not too late for them to lose license as they did with King’s Quest.

Not gonna happen. Gearbox are fully behind it, even if you’re not.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yup. ToB and GoT are both coming out this year. It’s far too late in the day to change their mind I’d say.

Just to be on the safe side, I’ve looked up the story of Borderlands 1 & 2. I was tempted to play them, but after trying a demo I just didn’t like the gameplay so I just read it instead. The story seems very meh, but knowing Telltale, they’ll probably do something good with it.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Well, we can always pray for the miracle to the Old Gods and the New and to the Fire God of course.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Official trailer.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yep, that’s a Borderlands trailer. Fun stuff.
The bearded guy voice was really familiar but couldn’t place it until I check imdb -It’s Puddy from Seinfeld!
(and good to see one space janitor showing up in a game Smile )

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I liked that trailer a lot. Despite I didn’t like the Borderlands as a game, I’ve always liked its graphical style and I did enjoy the humour as far as I managed to play it before I got frustrated by it.

From the looks of it this will take all I like about Borderlands, removing the forever spawning monsters and could potentially deliver an amazing game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hyped, greaat fanservice, and returning characters!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top