• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

nomadsoul - 21 February 2014 08:55 PM

Its so saaad to see Amazballs game like Tearaway getting almost no attention, just saw
it on discounts, seriously .....and if there wont be any other killer IPs at e3 for
vita then its pretty much dead.

where is it on sale and for how much? Iv been slow to buy tearaway, mostly because my backlog keeps increasing and my time for games decreasing.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have Tearaway sales at 290,000 currently - which is nothing to be ashamed of for a title released on one platform only.

Also, the VITA has several AAA titles in it’s current line up of games to be released:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ps-vita?nav=28-rp0,131af

I honestly believe that the VITA - due to price reductions and PS4 remote play will see as good if not more sales as the PSP.

I have heard that Sony is working on a Tablet PSV which would include the Android operating system - and I would buy that system day one.

Lastly, this thread is about Danganronpa 2 - NOT THE FUTURE OF THE VITA. Let’s stay on topic please or I’ll ask a moderator to oversee this thread.

What I find interesting about Danganronpa 2 is it is being released just months after Dangaronda - I’ll be finishing up playing Dangaronda and then pick up Dangaronda 2 - which is great. I’ve heard that the second one is even better than the first, which will be a welcome treat.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 22 February 2014 07:45 AM

I have Tearaway sales at 290,000 currently - which is nothing to be ashamed of for a title released on one platform only.

Also, the VITA has several AAA titles in it’s current line up of games to be released:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ps-vita?nav=28-rp0,131af

I honestly believe that the VITA - due to price reductions and PS4 remote play will see as good if not more sales as the PSP.

I have heard that Sony is working on a Tablet PSV which would include the Android operating system - and I would buy that system day one.

Lastly, this thread is about Dangaronda 2 - NOT THE FUTURE OF THE VITA. Let’s stay on topic please or I’ll ask a moderator to oversee this thread.

What I find interesting about Dangaronda 2 is it is being released just months after Dangaronda - I’ll be finishing up playing Dangaronda and then pick up Dangaronda 2 - which is great. I’ve heard that the second one is even better than the first, which will be a welcome treat.

Heart

Dangaronda 2 ??? Grin

What game is that Pan

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ha Ha, typo corrected. Anyway, I hope both 1 and 2 sell well so that we get a third one and other games like these.

These games I tend to get the collector’s editions when I can, the hope is they will increase in value in the future.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I don’t have any issues with the Vita as a handheld, it’s got a lot of great games now factoring in the PS Store and is of good quality but Sony is completely lying if they’re saying they will support the system for 10 years.  The Nintendo DS, which absolutely killed in sales, lasted far less time than that.  I would optimistically say six years would be about the maximum it will last, with a possibility that they drop it within two years.  Right now, the 3DS has sold 43 million units to the Vita’s 7.5 million.  Lifetime the DS is 153.8 million to the PSP’s 80.4 million, so the difference in sales has gotten dramatically worse percentage-wise this lifetime so far.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

!) The Nintendo 3DS came out well before the PSVITA.

2) Actually, the Nintendo DS is still getting releases 10 years after it was first released in 2004:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_date_2?rh=n:468642,n:!11846801,n:11075831,n:4924893011,p_n_date:1249090011&bbn=4924893011&ie=UTF8&qid=1393125988&rnid=1249087011

3) The PSP-1000 actually didn’t sell very well, but the PSP-3000 sold very well and 80.1 million sold is nothing to laugh about. Combined with the PS3 sales of 82 million and you have Sony moving 162.1 playstations in the seventh generation which is more PS2’s sold in the sixth generation.

4) Sony actually supported the PSP with physical games to retail for 10 years with games released in 2014:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/playstation-portable-psp-games-psp/0-0-10364-bpt.46_gv.56-en/list.html

5) Once again, this thread is about a game called “Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair” and I would love to see it stay on topic.

I’ve ask moderators to get involved and either keep us on topic or close the thread.

Heart

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Guys and gals, please take your console debate to another thread if you must keep the discussion going. This thread should be about Danganronpa 2, not about the health of the PS Vita as a platform or anything else unrelated. Thanks :-)

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Then on Danganronpa 2, I am pleasantly surprised that it’s not only being localized, but in short order compared to most sequel localizations.  I do hope this edition loses the Machine Gun Talk battles, because in my view that is probably the biggest weakness of the first game, followed by the item based social system.  Having a way to get backstory on other characters is good, but there are more organic ways of going about it as Persona and Mass Effect has demonstrated, among other games.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

And i think Machinegun are one of the USPs , followed by Firstperson clue hunting and exploration, which PW or layton types dont try.

And as far as story goes i think DR story shits on both persona and ME.

Different strokes in all, but i am glad DR approach fits the bill in my way.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Machine gun talk battles kind of fit in the fast-paced type of court battles in the game but they are more of a rythm-based gameplay and not logic-based. I don’t mind them because the were fairly easy, but I also wouldn’t be annoyed if they were gone.

Figuring out the presents for each person is interesting but I think the slot machine system could use some modifications.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

HitBattousai - 21 February 2014 08:10 AM

I like DanganRonpa, but I’m more hoping the success of it prompts more Zero Escape games honestly.

I doubt it… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 23 February 2014 12:34 PM

Machine gun talk battles kind of fit in the fast-paced type of court battles in the game but they are more of a rythm-based gameplay and not logic-based. I don’t mind them because the were fairly easy, but I also wouldn’t be annoyed if they were gone.

Figuring out the presents for each person is interesting but I think the slot machine system could use some modifications.

part of what i didnt like about the machinegun battles was that they were typically by the culprit at points in the story when you had really already proven their guilt. The idea they could just yell really loud to make your proof go away seemed particularly absurd.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Siliconera followed up and asked Terasawa if the team has started work on a proper sequel, a third Danganronpa game.

Terasawa replied, “We are absolutely thinking about making a third Danganronpa, but we haven’t decided on anything specific just yet. I’m still talking with the rest of our staff about what we could do. I don’t know when we might be able to actually announce anything, so please wait patiently for that!”

Hope Masafumi Takada Returns, without him there is no DR for me.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Hope Masafumi Takada Returns, without him there is no DR for me.

I suppose this is true for me as well. At this stage of the game’s development it’s too early to tell how the third one would go - but I’m certain that they will take care of their core fans.

I have not played the second one yet and I’m looking forward to seeing how this one plays.

Heart

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Got my Ronpa 2 swag! Sinking my teeth into the game now. Here’s my speculation after getting a quick glance of the characters:

I’m already thrown for a loop with the fact that you don’t play as the Ultimate Lucky Student. It actually makes me suspect that he might end up being one of the killers if not the new mastermind.

Speaking of which, Sonia Nevermind is triggering my spidey sense if only because she’s reminding me of Junko. She’s a seemingly innocent princess with an interest in the occult? Might be a red herring though.

TOGAMI! My God, what happened to you. I fear he will not make it out of this adventure alive.

I’m also wondering if the Ultimate Yakuza is actually a girl a la the gender swap in the first game.

I suspect Usami is a ploy to give the students a false sense of hope and is working with the Masterwind. If so, we have two Masterminds! Although, Togami suggests it could be an entire organisation.

Finally, these Monobots might be linked to the punishment dished out to “the blackened one” but I do hope the deaths are kept contextual.

Will be back after to see how off base I was! I’m always so nervous when you get free time… will you be able to forge relationships with all your favourites before they’re knocked off?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top