• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

Exciting news!

http://nisamerica.com/pressreleases/Dangan2_announce_20140213pb.pdf

NIS America is excited to announce that Danganronpa™ 2: Goodbye Despair, the sequel to the highly popular mystery adventure game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation®Vita in North America and Europe this fall in both retail and digital form. As in the first game, players will take on the role of a high school student as they are thrust into a life-or-death situation, and must use their wits and teamwork to survive. Each student was chosen for a special ability they possess, making them the “ultimate” example of something. Characters in this title are also designed by Rui Komatsuzaki for a unique and darker take on the anime style.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

happy! It sounds like the first one is selling well, and perhaps i shouldnt be surprised with that since theres not a ton of options with the vita’s library.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2008-01-10

PM

As a consequence, Project Zetsubou have announced that they will stop their fan translation for the PSP version.

Also, I got a chuckle from this text in the press release:

About Spike Chunsoft
Headquartered in Tokyo, Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd. is a Japan based publisher and developer specialized in console and social video game industries. Spike Chunsoft has published some of the best - selling console games in Japan, namely Way of the Samurai series, Mystery Dungeon series and Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward.

LaughingPan

Embarassed

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Trickless - 14 February 2014 02:28 PM

As a consequence, Project Zetsubou have announced that they will stop their fan translation for the PSP version.

Gah!  Yet another sequel that I won’t be able to play.

Looks like I may need to bite the bullet and get a Vita one of these days.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Both English & Japanese under audio, helllll yeaaahhhhhh!

It had one of best Japanese VAs ever. And i heard DR2 is even better than first.

Cant wait, best part = its as early as this year Grin

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

SDR2 was muuuuuuuch better than the first game. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the first game, but when the mysteries were very, very predictable. SDR2 has better mysteries and also interacts with the first game on a meta-level, which really fits the atmosphere in these games.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

happy! It sounds like the first one is selling well, and perhaps i shouldnt be surprised with that since theres not a ton of options with the vita’s library.

Actually, the VITA now has over 400 (physical and digital) releases and another over 500 PSP/PSone digital classics it can run. Also, it’s 2014 release schedule is about a major release every three weeks.

As an eighth generation system (WiiU, 3DS, PS4, Xboxone), it has the best adventure game library, to include Machinarium, Walking dead, Dangaronda, Virtue’s Last Reward just to name a very few.

ANOTHER great adventure game/visual novel being released is

XBlaze Code: Embryo.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/xblaze-code-embryo/113824

I bought a used VITA for $139 dollars and I’ve seen them on sale for $119 dollars.

For, me it’s a fun system to collect for, the games are beautiful and great fun to play.

I’ll be picking up Dangaronda 2 the day it’s released. The first one is awesome.

Heart  Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Just started the first one on Vita, and now I’m even more excited for the second.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great news! It seems the few people that actually own Vitas are enough to make these niche games a success.

Amazing system by the way

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

My records show the PSP having 80.1 million units sold and the PSV having 7.6 million sold - and considering the VITA has not been on the market for 10 years like the PSP has it has a solid user base.

There was a time just a few short years ago when the Nintendo DS got 12 or more adventure games released every year. Well, it looks like those numbers are apart of adventure game history now.

The VITA has been getting a lot of adventure games - and good ones at that.

So it fills a big hole and does so very well.

I think the touch OLED screen is a big reason - adventure games are fun to play on it and look gorgeous. I have a large collection of adventure games on my VITA and several more really good ones are scheduled to be released this year.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Im not sure how healthy the vita is on the whole…. but yeah it certainly seems like its been getting more (and better) adventure games than the 3ds.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Actually, for the price both the 3DS and VITA are very good buys - I’ve seen them both go for $119 used.

While the current 3DS adventure game releases are sparse, it does have some good ones like Ace Attorney 5. Also, the entire Nintendo DS collection will play on it.

The VITA can play PSP and select PSone games bought from PSN and it does have lots of current adventure games with a solid lineup of future adventure games.

If I was to recommend two handhelds, I’d recommend the Dsi XL - at $79.95 used it is an amazing gaming system and I’d recommend the ipad mini - it’s 7.9 inch screen with retina display is pure eye candy.

However, any handheld system you buy is excellent for adventure gaming and the PSVITA with it’s OLED touch screen is a bargain at what it currently sells for. I bought mine used at $139 dollars and it’s been fabulous.

Dangaronda 2 already has a release date:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/113899

and

This adventure game looks great too:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/xblaze-code-embryo/113824

Heart

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mmm, never heard of that game, (nice find) - XBlaze: Code Embryo game

Here are some videos:

From the wiki it’ a visual novel prequel to the fighting game Blazblue (That I never played)
Can’t seem to find many stuff about it. Anyone played the Japanese version? Tantei KID, Trickless?

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

The negative of the Vita is that it is getting so badly outpaced in sales by the 3ds that there’s no telling whether or not Sony will just pull the plug on it soon.  They will be coming out with the slim model of the system shortly, and if that doesn’t spark a significant sales spike I don’t see it being supported for much longer beyond that.

I like DanganRonpa, but I’m more hoping the success of it prompts more Zero Escape games honestly.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The negative of the Vita is that it is getting so badly outpaced in sales by the 3ds that there’s no telling whether or not Sony will just pull the plug on it soon.

One thing I want to make clear - I have a 3DS XL. It and the VITA are both inexpensive fun.

Sony says they will support the VITA for a ten year cycle - 2021 no matter what. However, if sales never become stellar it will be their last handheld.

The PSP didn’t take off in sales until it reached the $149 dollar price range. The new VITA the PSV-2000 can be made cheaply and it will get major price reductions in the future.

Sony says the VITA is firmly in the black and making money and that is what counts. The VITA recently has seen major sales increases since the PS4 is jumping off the shelves and the VITA can play PS4 games using remote play.

Finally, the VITA has over 400 releases and another 600 PSP and PSone games it can play.

So, I say if you like really good and unique adventure games it is a great buy.

Lastly, the VITA has collectable written all over it, any system that has a great collection of fabulous games unique to it always ends up being highly collectable down the road - and the VITA has some of the very best games I’ve ever played on it.

I did get “Virtue’s Last Reward” on both the VITA and 3DS - the VITA version was much better - no bugs at all and the graphics on it’s OLED screen were amazing.

Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its so saaad to see Amazballs game like Tearaway getting almost no attention, just saw
it on discounts, seriously .....and if there wont be any other killer IPs at e3 for
vita then its pretty much dead.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top