• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkGabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-02-11

PM

Edit: The kickstarter page is now live!

The project will go live in round about 20 mins, so the link doesn’t work yet. Still I wanted to inform you and urge you to pledge… Tongue

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/487759540

There is also a german interview with screenshots here:

http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2

The game is already funded but asks for money for additional features like more and optional puzzles, animations, orchestral soundtrack etc. The release is planned for the beginning of 2015.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

First things first, I really like tBoUT. It’s firmly in my top 10 adventures. And also it is really cool, that youve managed to fund the sequal, so that what ever happens with this KS you’ll release it as it is.

I find this kind of “enhachment” Kickstarters pretty interesting. I think Larian did the same with their upcoming Divinity game and managed to add a lot of new stuff in it, like NPC schedules and what not, so I am definetly rooting for this one. I’ll have to see if I have enough cash to back this myself though, but I am tempted.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-02-11

PM

(to be clear, I’m not a developer, just a german fan Wink )

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I really, really liked BoUT and, even though I found both Critter Chronicles and The Raven disappointing, I think I’m going to pledge. I like the idea that the game is already funded and that Kickstarter is a way for them to make a “better” edition of the game. That helps keep the target realistic, while still promising a big enough game.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bloody brilliant!

I find Wilbur’s model improved, but Nathan and Ivo models in the original are superior.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Not crazy about the price tag for the digital edition.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

BOUT universe should be more immense than bringing out old characters story(they did this on critter chronicles already) again&again;,I’d expect whole new bunch of characters with at least 4 of them playable,anyway like Raven shows they not on their creative summit no more.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

There’s my money gone.

Very happy ‘bout this. The Raven wasn’t brilliant, but it was a nice enough attempt at something a bit different. The Critter Chronicles actually did a good job of getting me liking Nate a bit more than in BoUT (probably because there was no Wilbur to compare unfavourably with, but still…) but otherwise it was just okay.

But this is the first kickstarter in a long while to get me genuinely excited. Smile

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Too rich for my blood and I’m still waiting on a lot of adventure Kickstarters, but I appreciate that they’re keeping the campaign honest and just saying it’s polish money.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I feel conflicted.
On the one hand, The Book of Unwritten Tales is one of my favorite adventure games of all time and in my estimation one of the two best German adventure games.
On the other hand, the buggyness of their last two adventure games was too much too handle. I couldn’t finish The Raven and they still haven’t released a patch for my problems. I basically gave up on it after the game didn’t even accept a save game that would have put me past the roadblocker. Yes, someone from KingArt did reply in the end, but only to basically say that they thought they already fixed the problem (though I wasn’t the only one that still reported it) and to ask if I was sure that my game was up-to-date (which of course it was). It was too little, too late.
Basically, I need to be convinced that KingArt will up their quality control in the future.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

As many others, I too was disappointed by The Critter Chronicles and The Raven, but I find Book of Unwritten tales to be one of the better modern adventure games. I will definitely back this, but I share Ozzie’s concerns.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

This is the fastest iv backed a kickstarter in a long time. Didnt even read much of the page.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

LOL they’ll reach the goal in one day. They forgot to add one zero to the goal, I reckon. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

diego - 11 February 2014 04:23 PM

LOL they’ll reach the goal in one day. They forgot to add one zero to the goal, I reckon. Tongue

That was my reaction too. Apparently its because they already have the core game fully funded and its being made regardless of the kickstarter. The kickstarter just means more content, and the opportunity to get special swag to fans.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It does increase the trust towards the project somewhat. I’m glad that they’re doing well and that they’re set to make part 2 a worthy sequal to the first game. I’m gonna sit this one out though, as no cash, no worries.

Personally I like the new character design they’ve done on the main trio. I dig how they all look a bit older than in the first game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

WOW ,A+ great presentation! i Believe they will exceed the Benny Oschmann’s goal easily , i am not sure tho if i care much about those Side quests’

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top