• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Too soon, Episode 1 was just released this week (for Android…)

I don’t mind waiting, but they should’ve just been more sincere with the dates when the game was first split in two instead of throwing around random dates like January or March…

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-03-21

PM

Feck androids and apps.

Been waiting for 2 months for this, Q1 is nearly over.

Maybe we us die hard BS fans will think long and hard before funding their next project. Useless.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 21 March 2014 11:15 AM

I don’t mind waiting, but they should’ve just been more sincere with the dates when the game was first split in two instead of throwing around random dates like January or March…

I think it surprised them that there were quite a few bugs in the 1st part, and they both had to spend time fixing those, but are also now a bit more careful about not rushing the release of part 2.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not really annoyed, but they should of had this on a better time scale. The gap between the two is a bit much and it does make you question their ability if another kickstarter happens in their next game.

Although personally, I don’t think they should go down that route again. As great as it is, I don’t think a company should rely on it that much.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Hopefully there is a bit more ADVENTURE in the next episode because episode 1 bored me to tears.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Android version now available for backers and episode 2 will be out the first half of April.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I had a feeling the ep2 release would slip a bit further. Not too bothered though; I have enough other games to play in the meantime.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I hate when they do things like this. Until last week, GOG site was sustaining release date as March 31. Today, it says “approximatly April 30”. Damn! It will be almost 6 months between the episodes! I will never buy episodic games anymore, really.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

This is why I held off playing Episode 1 all this time. It would have faded from the mind by now.

Episodic gaming is annoying IMO, unless you buy/play them when it’s all done. That’s how I played The Walking Dead and The Raven and enjoyed them immensely.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

This is nothing new! I remember back when Indy 4: FOA came out, I was calling my local Software Etc. every day for almost two months after the projected release date to see if the game had arrived yet. I was disappointed as a kid, but as an adult now, I know that game was of top-notch quality because the team took its time.

We demand dates, and when we’re given them and the game doesn’t release accordingly, we get upset. Honestly, it’s a “damned if they do, damned if they don’t” situation for developers/publishers. So I took the BS5:E2 release date with many grains of salt.

I’m not surprised by the late release, nor am I upset with Charles Cecil & Co. I just think we should be understanding that they wish to only put out the best product they can! Quality takes more time than we realize. And because I’m not a developer of award-winning games, I know I have no right to criticize when one comes late on a deadline. I only smile, knowing that my Kickstarter dollars were given to responsible people who want to give me what I truly have been hoping for—and what I truly supported.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

In a perfect world, Revolution (and Double Fine) would have released the game whole. I’m unconvinced that splitting games in half and releasing them months apart is good for the experience, the gamer or the developer in the long run. It’s just an unfortunate necessity born from a prolonged development cycle.

Of course, I’d rather have these “episodic” releases than nothing at all—if this is what it takes for these games to exist then so be it—maybe it just means I’ll wait next time.

The thing about The Serpent’s Curse Episode 1 is that, even though I love it, it feels padded out. It makes me wonder if Revolution would have made a leaner, tighter game if they hadn’t almost doubled their Kickstarter goal, and then perhaps released it all at once as well.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I have to agree about the timing. If they were being brought out within’ a months time, I don’t think they’d be a problem, but lately they all seem to be getting worse. The distance between each episode of the walking dead and the wolf amongst us has been poor, feels like it was ages ago since The Serpent’s curse E1 was released and Double fine…well, let’s just say it would be no surprise if it takes over a year or 2 for broken age to get released.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d rather see one complete release than episodes myself. It seems like forever since Episode 1.

However, episodes are better than nothing.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Stuart - 31 March 2014 07:15 PM

This is why I held off playing Episode 1 all this time. It would have faded from the mind by now.

Episodic gaming is annoying IMO, unless you buy/play them when it’s all done. That’s how I played The Walking Dead and The Raven and enjoyed them immensely.

I think episodic gaming can be great, but only when there’s a tight schedule and it’s adhered to. One episode a month like Telltale does is great. Almost nobody else has pulled that off.

Of course this isn’t really an episodic game. It’s not serial, it’s just a game split into two parts. Which is, indeed, annoying.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Frogacuda - 03 April 2014 10:43 AM
Stuart - 31 March 2014 07:15 PM

I think episodic gaming can be great, but only when there’s a tight schedule and it’s adhered to. One episode a month like Telltale does is great. Almost nobody else has pulled that off.

Of course this isn’t really an episodic game. It’s not serial, it’s just a game split into two parts. Which is, indeed, annoying.

Well Telltale pulled it off with Walking Dead Season one, this time round they have been dreadful (1 ep of Wolf was October, second February; Walking dead first ep December, second March). So yeah episodic is fine if its done properly. Otherwise its just annoying.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top