• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5 - Episode 2

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Isn’t it today the release of BS5-Episode 2??? GoG still does not let me download the game…

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

As far I know ep2 has been pushed further at the end of Q1. The original release date was january I believe, but that was apparently changed.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I’m kind of irritated that they’re doing the mobile release before the second act is out. Why not just save it and do a complete release?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, it’s a bit of a bummer. I’d preferred them to release the second part first and then work on the mobile release after that. But I guess they’re following the money now (not a bad thing, mind you, it propably makes good business sense and p&c games are a good fit for hand held devices).

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

That is a lack of consideration from them. I already payed for the 2 episodes. I remember well when they said that they will released the game in 2 episodes and that they ALREADY had finished BOTH episodes. What the hell now???

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I don’t remember them ever saying they’d finished episode 2 at release (there wouldn’t have been a need to split it at all then, after all).

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 31 January 2014 01:07 PM

Yeah, it’s a bit of a bummer. I’d preferred them to release the second part first and then work on the mobile release after that. But I guess they’re following the money now (not a bad thing, mind you, it propably makes good business sense and p&c games are a good fit for hand held devices).

It’s not so much that, it’s that they’re pushing the episodic thing on yet another platform rather than just waiting a month or so and putting out a single coherent product. It strikes me as an effort to sell two games on mobile instead of one.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Being the proud owner of a brand new ipad mini 128gb with retina display I can tell you that point and click games are fabulous on it.

I’m playing Broken sword 2 remastered on it and WOW! It is quite a bit of fun.

I’ve looked for Broken Sword 5 several times and haven’t located it yet - I’ll have to look again to see if it got recently added.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I think it makes perfect sense that they’re working on the mobile version of episode one first. Naturally it’s a money issue, because if they released both episodes bundled as one, it would mean less money in the bank or losing a lot of customers because you overpriced the release to make up for the fact that the game is no longer split in two.

If I were them I’d gone even further and designed my game to be split up into say three parts - beginning, middle, end - to be able to price the game competitively on mobile. The first two re-releases on mobile did very well for them since they could price them really low what with it “just” being ports and not newly developed games, but with BS5 the price must be higher and that’s usually not a good thing when it comes to mobile.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

For the record, on the official BS5 forums they have confirmed that they submitted the iOS version of Episode 1 to the Apple and so the ball on releasing it is in their court now.  The Android version isn’t finished yet however.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For the record, on the official BS5 forums they have confirmed that they submitted the iOS version of Episode 1 to the Apple and so the ball on releasing it is in their court now.  The Android version isn’t finished yet however.

Yea! I so want to play this game!

I hope this doesn’t take TOO LONG…................

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Revolution has just recently released the full HD patch on the first episode. It does make the game look even prettier than it was before. Gone is the blurriness that plagued the first release.

And they seem to have fixed most of the sound mixing issues as well.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

tomimt - 10 February 2014 10:32 AM

Gone is the blurriness that plagued the first release. And they seem to have fixed most of the sound mixing issues as well.

I’m glad I haven’t played this game yet. This is why I never play games at launch anymore. Overall, Broken Sword 5 seems like it is amazing, but Episode 1 also seems like it was very rushed.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Hoping the pace is picked up a bit more in episode 2, and that george and nico visit more exotic and dangerous locales. was incredibly bored playing episode 1 Meh Also I’m hoping each environment feels more ALIVE. Each scene in the first part was so static and dead…

so far the story has done absolutely nothing for me. Meh shame.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It definetly feels more polished now. When the first episode was released it did feel like it was rushed out to meet the christmas market, but this new update brings it to the level it should have been from the get go.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-03-21

PM

It nearly April, is the second episode out yet?!??!?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top