• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabrielwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword The Angel of Death gamebreaking bug in Topkapi? (minor spoilers)

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

After finding a gamebreaking bug from “The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief - Chapter Three: A Murder of Ravens”, which even surprised KingArts, I’m suspecting I’ve found yet another unique gamebreaking bug from “Broken Sword The Angel of Death” as well. The game already tries my patience with unskipable talk, and now that - huge timewasting with 2nd game in a row.

Does anyone had similar issue and knows how to bypass it? Or just can give suggestions?
After passing 1st Topkapi palace guard in gate with fake ID, George can’t use it on 2nd guard, as he knows the real appearance of X. After looking 2 youtube walkthroughs and reading 2 additional walkthroughs in my big depression, I see that George have to get Y to distract the left patrolling guard. But in my case it never happens! I’ve run past the guard tens of times, got shot, used 2 dialogue options tens of time… but Y never offers help, but always complaining that does George wants to go on without Y, making George to “rethink” his plan.

Is there some sequence I have to follow? Certain pixel I have to run first before being called back (i tried scaffoldings as well)? I tried to see do I miss something but so far I haven’t found anything. I’ve tried loading some of my earlier saves, no luck so far (I’m reluctant to go too much back as well).

If it helps - I have Gamersgate version of the game. I haven’t installed the patch, as I understood it’s not for digital versions, and is mostly for graphical issues anyway.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I remember getting stuck at that too, and also not finding any walkthroughs that directly gave me the solution. Unfortunately I can’t remember the exact solution any more, but I seem to recall it has something to do with climbing the scaffolding and reading the phone number of another guards mobile first. Actually asking Y to make the distraction should then happen automatically (as I recall it).

Sorry I can’t remember the exact solution, but I hope that it might still be of some help.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-10-18

PM

If I remember it correctly you have to find out how you can get Y in after you’ve entered. With the fake ID you also should have gotten a palace map. Look at the map. You should find a room related to lovers (don’t know how it’s exactly called since I only played the german version). After you’ve found this room at the map you can ask the waiter about it. With his infos you can offer Y a plan.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Thanks for replying! I just found out that PEBKAC indeed! You are right Baktosh - I didn’t pay attention to Lover’s vestibule as I should have.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-02-19

PM

I came upon a difficulty when hacking the PDA the first time. It went ok, but at the notes, there was not all the necessary information. Not “Latin translation” or all the other things: only the greetings and Baphomac, that idol. Whenn I read the map afterwards, the name Constantinopel did not come up and I could not leave the office. In all the walkthroughs on internet I could not find this problem. Can one of you help me?

Meta Drewes

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I’m not enjoying BS4 much, so I’m forgetting it fast. If you are in the office, I don’t know what else to suggest than investigate every detail of the map, PDA notes (including links)(if the scroll doesn’t work, try reloading older save and try again) and look for clues on office, including George’s desk.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top