• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 19 January 2014 09:23 AM

Now I’m stuck with this playthrough in the middle of Australian Open. How do I do it to myself?

Easy - you play JP3 during the day, and you watch AO during the night (and play JP3 between matches, between sets, games and points… oh and while waiting for Nadal to serve).

Karlok - 19 January 2014 08:57 AM

Since we’ll be doing a lot of hologramming, I’ve changed my avatar and sig back to Tesla’s Holograms are people too.

Thumbs Up Even though The Pandora Directive didn’t win, JP3 should be the “next best thing” as an interlude to Tesla Effect - it’s FMV. Tongue

Karlok - 19 January 2014 09:56 AM

Sorry! I thought tomorrow was already today, if you get my drift.

Well, with time travel and everything, I’m sure it’s OK. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is the proper way to play JP3, BTW:

or at least, like this. I don’t have helmet, but I do have some humidifier which looks like Arthur:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 19 January 2014 10:03 AM

you play JP3 during the day, and you watch AO during the night

Aye aye, chief. I played for a while and look where I wound up:

The place looks familiar though. Go figure.

BTW: taking screenshots from gameplay is easy with UltraSnap (a mighty little tool I’ve been using since 2000).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 19 January 2014 12:08 PM

I played for a while and look where I wound up:

I don’t know why I feel like eating the strawberry/vanilla ice cream watching it:

but we should not be discussing it until 5 and a half hours more. Embarassed

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Yay, finally a Tex Murphy playthrough Laughing

Wait this isn’t TPD!!!  Gasp Angry. Anyway I’ll try to get over the fact we’re not playing a detective game and try to get this game up and running as soon as most of my finals are over. (I still can’t believe I’ll actually be joining this playtrough Shifty Eyed Crazy You owe me one diego Pan)

zobraks - 19 January 2014 01:55 AM
diego - 18 January 2014 11:17 AM

the game has no subtitles

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! May day! May day!

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while. He couldn’t fool me though, but after some (longer) time of pleading me to join the playtrough, and describing all the good attributes of the game, how on earth could I say no? Innocent

zobraks - 19 January 2014 09:23 AM

Just like I feared: I like this game.

Now I’m stuck with this playthrough in the middle of Australian Open. How do I do it to myself?

That’s no problem for me, since our new hope, Bosnian tennis player Damir Džumhur has lost his match against Berdych, but not without fighting till the end. We still have very high hopes for him in the future. Even Djokovic praised him and congratulated him on reaching the third round. Grin I may start to like the guy after all. Grin

zobraks - 19 January 2014 12:08 PM

The place looks familiar though. Go figure.

How on earth did you manage to remember/dig that out?

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2004-04-27

PM

I just bought the game from GoG, got it installed and it’s running with no problems. Hopefully I can keep up for the whole playthrough. So far (through the intro and first couple clicks) it looks like fun.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Atlantis, El Dorado, Shangri-La destroyed!

Feel free to plunge into the Mediterranean Island and other two points. This part of the playthrough will cover all 3 time zones, as they’re not long missions. Feel free to play them and discuss in any order you like - but stop after finding the third time code. It shouldn’t take more than two days to complete and we’ll play this section until 21:00 CET Tuesday, January 21. Tell me if you need more time, but in any case those who still didn’t get the game will have enough time to catch up as we’ll slow the tempo later. Oh and:

“Oh No! The stairs are wasted! My parents are gonna be pissed!”

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

>you can officially start the playthrough on 00:00 CET January 20

When is that for those of us who live in middle America?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

rtrooney - 19 January 2014 08:49 PM

>you can officially start the playthrough on 00:00 CET January 20

When is that for those of us who live in middle America?

CET = UTC +1
CST = UTC -6
So 7 hours earlier than 0:00 if you’re on Central Standard Time
or 5:00 PM CST on Jan 19.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played the first part, it’s small and easy, kind of serves like a tutorial but sets up the story nicely, but I really need to read the backstory.

I can alreasy see Arthur is going to be a riot: [spoiler]I feel like yodeling![/spoiler] or [spoiler]Is it me or you’re the only one working around here[/spoiler] Grin

The game looks good, my only complaint is that the nodes seem to be really close and kind of takes a long time (and multiple clicks) to cover a small distance.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 20 January 2014 04:33 AM

The game looks good, my only complaint is that the nodes seem to be really close and kind of takes a long time (and multiple clicks) to cover a small distance.

I am not quite sure I understand ,but if I do ; did you try the turbo lock at options? ,you don’t need to press Esc you bypass transitions cut-senses and they wont take that long time also. .. kinda smart option I guess.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 20 January 2014 04:47 AM

I am not quite sure I understand ,but if I do ; did you try the turbo lock at options? ,you don’t need to press Esc you bypass transitions cut-senses and they wont take that long time also. .. kinda smart option I guess.

No, I didn’t mess with the options, I’ll check it out to see abandoning the transitions speeds things up, thanks.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Also, you can hold down the left mouse button whenever you see the double-arrow:

and you’ll walk without the pauses

wilco - 20 January 2014 04:33 AM

I agree, it was especially noticeable in South American territory. But it does make for a little richer exploration.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 20 January 2014 06:22 AM

Also, you can hold down the left mouse button whenever you see the double-arrow:

and you’ll walk without the pauses

the game is full of some smart options , they only thing that bothered me tho I cant complain ,is that the interactive spots are not, without something (inventory items) with them.

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Am I blind or there are no hot spots in TJP 3? Namely, although I managed to place it (I knew it had to be the right spot), I saw nothing indicating that the bottom of the broken stairway was the right place to put the rope ladder on.

In an average AG an inventory item flashes/gets an aura (bright lining) when put on a hot spot. I guess TJP 3 is just not an average AG .

P.S. Looks like Adventurere is trying to point out the same thing. Kind of.
P.P.S. Apparently AO is not the only obstacle for me: to add insult to injury, now it’s sunny here (like in June - frigging global warming ) so I’ll have to wait until dark falls to continue playing.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top