• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 19 January 2014 05:38 AM

Unfortunately, while I downloaded and installed the game, I realized that the problem that I meet with many older game releases from GOG, is here too. I can hear everything, but the only thing I see is a black screen. I’m running the game in my Laptop with Win 7 64-bit. Any advice?

but wait I am not finished yet ,but you could be right I read some post about that black screen something about installing an older quicktime ... but I hope that would be solvable !!
man I am turned off all what I read says it Wont on win7

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Unfortunately, while I downloaded and installed the game, I realized that the problem that I meet with many older game releases from GOG, is here too. I can hear everything, but the only thing I see is a black screen. I’m running the game in my Laptop with Win 7 64-bit. Any advice?

Like Advie says, it might be QuickTime related. The game originally shipped with QuickTime3 which was automatically installed. If you had newer versions of QuickTime already, perhaps you should uninstall it and install QuickTime3.

zobraks - 19 January 2014 01:55 AM

Er…

First on this forum Tongue - where everytime I got my butt kicked in the voting. (until Advie finally decides it’s time to try the playthroughs)

zobraks - 19 January 2014 01:55 AM

May day! May day!

I would have told you earlier, but you wouldn’t vote it. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 19 January 2014 06:05 AM

Like Advie says, it might be QuickTime related. The game originally shipped with QuickTime3 which was automatically installed. If you had newer versions of QuickTime already, perhaps you should uninstall it and install QuickTime3.

I deleted my QuickTime version, tried to install QuickTime 3 (unsuccessfully. There is no Win 7 64-bit version of QuickTime 3, naturally), tried to re-install the game and run it without any QuickTIme installed (hoping that the game itself has some kind of compatible QuickTime Version (Alas, false hope). Finally tried to download and install the latest QuickTIme version available and then run TJP3.

No matter what I do, the problem always remains the same. The audio runs perfectly (I was even able to watch the intro by minimizing and maximizing the window), but the only thing I see is a black screen. (Totally disappointed Frown  )

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

try properties ; Windows98 with audio acceleration turned off.. thats what written at presto tech Support , hope it helps .

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

OK, at least it works without tweaking (I only checked the Win 98 in Compatibility tab of Setup.exe Properties, just in case).
Installed it, watched the intro, liked what I saw.
It would be a pain in the lower back to catch screenshots though Confused, and I love taking screenshots.

The folks (astronauts, aliens) spoke clearly, so I can try to play the god damn thing. Diego, you owe me one.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

YES!!! I finally managed to make the damn thing work perfectly!!!

Needed 1) re-installation of the newest QuickTime, 2) adding a very specific config.ini in the APP.DATA/Roaming, 3)sellecting the 640X480 resolution AND 4) adding a “-window” after the games app. icon, (All these to force it to play in windowed mode. As Admin of course). Have to try the same trick with the rest of the GOG games I never got to play…

Thanks for the help everyone! Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sefir - 19 January 2014 07:20 AM

Needed 1) re-installation of the newest QuickTime

Just for the record: this game requires Quicktime 3 or newer. I have version 6.5.1., which is fairly old (2004?), but it’s (more than) sufficient to play TJP 3.

So, you all may want to go to Control Panel, start the QuickTime applet (if you have it) and check your QT version. I doubt very much it’s older than version 3.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 19 January 2014 08:15 AM
Sefir - 19 January 2014 07:20 AM

Needed 1) re-installation of the newest QuickTime

Just for the record: this game requires Quicktime 3 or newer. I have version 6.5.1., which is fairly old (2004?), but it’s (more than) sufficient to play TJP 3.

So, you all may want to go to Control Panel, start the QuickTime applet (if you have it) and check your QT version. I doubt very much it’s older than version 3.

True, though in my case the game couldn’t start with any of the previous versions (7 something) of QT I had, even if I did all the other tricks I mentioned in my previous post. Had to download the newest one to do the trick.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there is QuickTime Player 2.0 but only from 7.6.4 is up to work on Win7 , but anyways, as Sefir got it fixed I think we have no problems ,just mins and I will try it myself

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I forgot you guys use the state of the art operating systems. Mine is Win XP SP2, it’s ancient but still cuts the mustard (for me).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 19 January 2014 08:25 AM

I forgot you guys use the state of the art operating systems. Mine is Win XP SP2, it’s ancient but still cuts the mustard (for me).

Lucky you! you can still run the classics with no trouble Wink

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Played the intro and found the first time code, easy peasy. (All the more so because I remembered where it was. Smile) With chatterbox Arthur giving it all he’s got I won’t feel lonely. Not being able to reply is weird though in 2014, especially because Agent 3 does talk to him. It’s like I’m AFGNCAAP with my talking lamp Delboz, but I have a face and a voice in the intro and all of a sudden I’ve lost my tongue when good old Arthur turns up.

Since we’ll be doing a lot of hologramming, I’ve changed my avatar and sig back to Tesla’s Holograms are people tooCool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Just like I feared: I like this game.

Now I’m stuck with this playthrough in the middle of Australian Open. How do I do it to myself?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great! As I see many of you have settled and watched the intro, and some even found the first time code (KarlokPan), you can officially start the playthrough on 00:00 CET January 20 which is still as planned.

Until then, let me say a few words on the interface, even though the manual covers most of it - the inventory is in some way similar to Kheops games (there’re more than one similarity to Kheops, and I’m anxious to hear what some of you who played Kheops titles but not JP have to say on it, though JP2 might be even closer to Kheops feel with Da Vinci’s place) as you’re selecting object from the inventory, which then becomes the “active object”. Though, using it is a little different.

As for Arthur, the Normal mode is probably a safe bet for most of the people, as he won’t distract you much, and you can still hear what he has to say by clicking on him. You can change Arthur modes anytime in the game.

You can watch all of the already seen cinematics/messages in the Cinematics options by going all the way up with your mouse. You can access controls on F1:

(yes, I’m taking a pleasant ride in the balloon under the sunset, but you should NOT follow my example, until tomorrow that is)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 19 January 2014 09:31 AM

Great! As I see many of you have settled and watched the intro, and some even found the first time code (KarlokPan), you can officially start the playthrough on 00:00 CET January 20 which is still as planned.

Sorry! I thought tomorrow was already today, if you get my drift. I’ll deleete my post and repost it Monday.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top