• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

vetalfor

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Monolith - 21 June 2012 02:15 AM

A couple of my friends have been playing it.

EDIT: Confirmed its been released.

Released where?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2011-04-09

PM

Will there be a retail version too? Or will it be released on Steam only? I ask because I couldn’t find the game for pre-order nowhere. Only the german version can be found in Amazon.de or ebay.de. Release Date according to the official site is 22/06. SO a couple of days still to wait.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-11-11

PM

Good questions, right now, the English version of the game can’t be purchased anywhere. It’s not out on Gamersgate yet, it’s not on Steam, it’s not on GOG (oh, how much I’d love Chains of Satinav to be available DRM-free on GOG) and there’s no retail release…

By the way, didn’t Daedalic say the game would use Steam DRM? The Gamersgate version apparently uses Securom, if that’s true, this is where I’ll buy it.
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DECS/the-dark-eye-chains-of-satinav

What DRM does the AdventureShop edition have?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Uh, you guys are funny. Why not just check the very place the game would be released? The actual site.
http://www.daedalic.de/en/game/DSA_Satinavs_Ketten

Buy Download: Order Now & GameRocket.

Its in english too. -_- you guys are silly.

‘“The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav” reached gold status. Daedalic Entertainment and Deep Silver successfully completed the development and test phase. The game will be released on June 22nd and is available as a retail box in selected countries as well as on steam worldwide. Players take on the role of Geron, who gets ..’
http://www.satinavs-ketten.de/en/news/Gold_status_reached

It was just released early. Thats all.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Monolith - 21 June 2012 10:06 PM

22 June 2012 02:06 AM
Uh, you guys are funny. Why not just check the very place the game would be released? The actual site.
‘“The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav” reached gold status. Daedalic Entertainment and Deep Silver successfully completed the development and test phase. The game will be released on June 22nd and is available as a retail box in selected countries as well as on steam worldwide. Players take on the role of Geron, who gets ..’

Great wiseguy that you can only think reply to the post after release date,what would we do without you, we can download now eh,wonderrfull.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

123pazu - 21 June 2012 01:13 PM

Just search the game on Youtube and you can see a whole handful of video listings claiming they know where and showing you how to download the game illegally…  Why Youtube allow this kind of videos, I have no idea…  The game is still not out officially, but apparently it’s already widespread in pirate sites…. I thought this only happens to big budget high profile releases, but I guess I am wrong…  Sick No wonder adventure companies are going out of business nowadays…  Pan

Now now, I’m sure anyone who downloaded it for free bought it now it’s out… even if they hated it Smile

Total Posts: 512

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Since Daedalic and/or the developer feel the need to make life harder for their paying customers without actually preventing piracy I feel very tempted to reward them by downloading and play a pirated copy instead of paying for the game. There are torrents all over the net. But I won’t of course. But I won’t buy the game either, at least not until it shows up in some DRM free form.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Veovis - 22 June 2012 06:39 AM

Since Daedalic and/or the developer feel the need to make life harder for their paying customers without actually preventing piracy I feel very tempted to reward them by downloading and play a pirated copy instead of paying for the game. There are torrents all over the net. But I won’t of course. But I won’t buy the game either, at least not until it shows up in some DRM free form.

I believe it’s usually not the developers who “feel the need to make life harder”. (How hard gets life by being required to register your game anyway?)

So please take your gripes where they belong: The publishers and/or online release channels.

I know for sure that Daedalic do NOT want to DRM their games in ANY way but the revenue from online sales is desperately needed, so they reluctantly accepted that it had to be done.

What I find kind of ironic is having to read things like “I wished they had invested more in writing and translation” from someone who has (as of yet) not satisfyingly disclosed where they were able to get a playable copy of the game *when it doesn’t even work on steam (nor can physical copies be activated via steam as yet*.

The suspicion that they did not pay for a product they wish to be better is more than warranted in this case. Until they can convince us they got a hold of a review version of the game.

Total Posts: 512

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

ADan - 22 June 2012 06:53 AM
Veovis - 22 June 2012 06:39 AM

I believe it’s usually not the developers who “feel the need to make life harder”. (How hard gets life by being required to register your game anyway?)

So please take your gripes where they belong: The publishers and/or online release channels.

I know for sure that Daedalic do NOT want to DRM their games in ANY way but the revenue from online sales is desperately needed, so they reluctantly accepted that it had to be done.

What I find kind of ironic is having to read things like “I wished they had invested more in writing and translation” from someone who has (as of yet) not satisfyingly disclosed where they were able to get a playable copy of the game *when it doesn’t even work on steam (nor can physical copies be activated via steam as yet*.

The suspicion that they did not pay for a product they wish to be better is more than warranted in this case. Until they can convince us they got a hold of a review version of the game.

I’m well aware of the publisher vs developer thing. That’s why I wrote “and/or”.

Gamersgate never demand that a game they sell is DRM-protected. They even have a “no DRM” filter for those of us who don’t care for games with DRM. So in this case it must be the publisher or developer, unless Steam requires that a game they sell is DRM-protected when sold at other sites as well. But I don’t think that is the case here, since the Gamersgate version uses Securom, not Steam activation.

A game like The Dark Eye should probably do very well if sold DRM free through GOG.

Note that I don’t defend piracy. I simply will not buy the game until it surfaces in a version without DRM.

Anyway, it seems like the game is now available for download at Gamersgate.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Incredible finally a real full hd ag,I think best piece of digital art ever seen on ag,when look closer even gets better, so meticulously colorized scenes,magnificent fantasy settings,a real ambitious design that havent seen since myst 4.
One of the best drawing ag for sure,supports wide screen res but graphics&sound; settings configuration external.If only close up screens were optional would’ve been great coz transition causes blackscreen and that’s somewhat hindering,other than that quite engrossing,you may earn achivements due to your personal choices,addition to inventory puzzles fix&break; spells at hand and well written context sensitive comments available.Hope story reveals as well as my preview too.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Monolith - 21 June 2012 10:06 PM

*Facepalm*

A loser only loses. The downloads have been up since the 20th. -_- The game has been available on Gamesrocket and Daedalic since the 20th.

You are so pathetic to the point that you asked where, from a post early 21st, and then call me a wiseguy for a simple answer which I assumed, everyone was smart enough to check the original developer’s website, which I saw Gamesrocket and ‘Buy Online’ available on the site, each which was accessible and purchasable.

Then to see posts here criticizing pirates for having the game. The game was released, someone purchased it, someone pirated it. Its not a conspiracy.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

It’s on Steam now, and 10% off.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Monolith - 22 June 2012 12:23 PM

A loser only loses. The downloads have been up since the 20th. -_- The game has been available on Gamesrocket and Daedalic since the 20th.

You are so pathetic to the point that you asked where, from a post early 21st, and then call me a wiseguy for a simple answer which I assumed, everyone was smart enough to check the original developer’s website, which I saw Gamesrocket and ‘Buy Online’ available on the site, each which was accessible and purchasable.

Then to see posts here criticizing pirates for having the game. The game was released, someone purchased it, someone pirated it. Its not a conspiracy.

You just keep on flooding as you like quite obvious that which winners try to rip the developers off.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

The game has just been released a few hours ago, so…yeah. It was possible to buy it earlier, but Steam wouldn’t let you play it before just now.
It got leaked a few days early though.
At least that’s the case for the German version, can’t speak for the international ones.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Monolith,

the game is NOT available from Daedalic’s own download shop but via a link to Gamesrocket. It might have been available there for download prior to today BUT it states quite clearly there that a STEAM ACTIVATION KEY and ACCOUNT are required.

Now, there seems to have been a major fuckup at Steam so that the game wasn’t even listed before today and subsequently the activation of any downloaded or physical copies was not possible until some time after noon (Central Europe Time) TODAY.

This means anyone who could play the game before today has EITHER a review copy OR is in possession of an illegal download (crack).

If there’s a third possibility that I’m not aware of at the moment, please let me know.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top