• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Releasing on Steam 18th February - $29.99 with 20% discount for the first days

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 01 February 2016 10:26 AM

Releasing on Steam 18th February - $29.99 with 20% discount for the first days

Dont miss it guys.
Tim play it.
You need your jpn ag fix. Grin

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I just finished the first game on Vita and I am blown away. It brought back the same sense of enjoyment I had when I first played the original Phoenix Wright. I will be playing its sequel next and I am super excited about that Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

One of the all time great adventure games. The PSVITA and PS4 are getting Danganronpa 3 later this year and I am sure the quality will match the previous two.

I even liked the survival horror spin-off game Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls on the PSVITA.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Mikekelly - 07 February 2016 10:04 AM

One of the all time great adventure games. The PSVITA and PS4 are getting Danganronpa 3 later this year and I am sure the quality will match the previous two.

I even liked the survival horror spin-off game Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls on the PSVITA.

Heart

I completely agree with that testament. I haven’t thought deep about it yet, but I think it is definitely a candidate to enter my top 10 adventure games of all time. It is definitely not perfect (the whole bullet time/firing bullet things was gimmicky and a little frustrating sometimes) and (with very few students left and more floors opened, it was a pain to find the next student to talk to and advance the investigation by checking every single room on every floor) , but the twists and turns and the crazy over the top characters made me have to recharge the vita over and over again to keep playing it Grin

Does the sequel hold up to the first one? and does anyone play these games with the original japanese VO or do you guys go with English?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The sequel definitely holds and for some it’s even better (well, for me Smile ). Also agree that Another Episode is worth playing since it adds a lot to the story.
And original voices for me

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 February 2016 02:36 PM

The sequel definitely holds and for some it’s even better (well, for me Smile ). Also agree that Another Episode is worth playing since it adds a lot to the story.
And original voices for me

Nothing beats Jap VAs, esp in crazy animus.
2nd was more crazier.
They have formed separate team for DR.
I just hope it doesnt burn out.

DR is best series after PW.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I was surprised by how good Danganronpa 2 was. They pulled an amazing game follow-up where you thought none was even possible.

I’m playing Danganronpa 2 AGAIN as we speak - it deserved all of it’s awards, sales and high reviews.

I play both games in English. I play PLENTY of Visual Novels on my PSVITA in Japanese thank you.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I only played the original PSP games, so only Japanese voices for me. Which were great! Fantastic performances by most of them, and a lot of them are actually also chosen to have a sort of in-joke effect for those who know their anime. The sadistic Monokuma for example is done by Nobuya Oyama, best known for voicing the cute Doraemon, one of Japan’s biggest cultural icons of the last 50 years. Basically everyone in Japan grew up with her, so imagine the surprise when she did Monokuma. Super Danganronpa 2 had Minami Takayama, best known for doing Detective Conan, doing the protagonist (so another detective character).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Mikekelly - 07 February 2016 10:04 AM

The PSVITA and PS4 are getting Danganronpa 3 later this year

Oh, awesome.  I’ll definitely be getting that on the PS4.

I haven’t even been able to play the second game yet.  I really regretted buying a 3DS over a Vita due to this.  But I’m anxiously awaiting its Windows release.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I really regretted buying a 3DS over a Vita due to this.

I own both - this is very easy to do with handhelds. I’m playing Senran on my New 3DS XL and playing Danganronpa 2 on the PSVITA.

There is no release date of any kind for Danganronpa 2 for windows or Danganronpa 3 for windows either.

Heart

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Mikekelly - 12 February 2016 06:40 AM

I own both - this is very easy to do with handhelds. I’m playing Senran on my New 3DS XL and playing Danganronpa 2 on the PSVITA.

There is no release date of any kind for Danganronpa 2 for windows or Danganronpa 3 for windows either.  Heart

Seems like such a waste to buy a system mainly for one game though.  Not so bad when there’s two games you really want.  Zero Escape 2 was on both systems, so I mainly chose the new Phoenix Wright over Danganronpa, and felt like I made the wrong choice afterwards.

They’ve said Danganronpa 2 is also on the way to Steam, after the first one’s release.  That’s enough for me.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

If these pc ports keep selling well, the skys the limit. Could very well see new titles like this launching on pc.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Seems like such a waste to buy a system mainly for one game though.

I have 54 games on the New 3DS XL and 64 games on the PSVITA. Most of the PSVITA games are adventure games/Visual Novels. All the 3DS games are Augmented Reality games.

The best games on the PSVITA include Persona 4 Golden, Steins Gate, Corpse Party 3, Norm9 and Code:Realize and Ultra Despair Girls.

So, I like the systems because the games on them are REALLY different from PC games - in a very good way.

Heart

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game is out on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/413410/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top