• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

If I’d own a VITA, this would be the very first game I’d get for it. But I don’t, so I won’t… Frown

Here’s hoping it’ll get ported to the 3DS or the PC. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2012-11-18

PM

Wow that was a great experience; it is pretty clearly inspired by both PW and 999, but, while being inferior in writing to them both, it is different enough to give that fresh experience that latest PW installments seemed to miss. I liked all the minigames, but of course the king is the round table debate that evolves nicely through the chapters.
Sadly the non-gameplay sections are far too long, slow and frankly boring (the bottom of the barrel being the stupid optional dating sections), especially compared to how intense the trial is.
I also appreciated how the modus operandi was completely predictable by analyzing the clues; almost nothing is hidden from the player before revisiting the homicides.
It may have anticipated most twist, but honestly I still had some surprise here and there (on average I missed just one logic link for each case).
Whatever is said to happen outside the school walls is too much of a stretch compared to the strong logic of what happens inside and makes the ending pretty much disappointing (also considering the mastermind was really easy to guess by that moment). Some story was probably saved for next episode and I hope it keeps at least this quality level. It also has a pretty weak start; too many chars to meet at once and I had some initial problem memorizing the names (PW and 999 both addressed this issue in their own ways).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

A few things:

1) The VITA is NOT region locked (3DS is) so you can buy Time Travelers:

http://www.play-asia.com/time-travelers-paOS-13-49-en-70-4rvd.html

And this import copy will play just fine on your VITA.

2) The last 3DS/VITA game release done by Spike/Chunsoft the VITA version outsold the 3DS version 4 to 1 and Spike/Chunsoft have no plans - now or in the future to port the game to the 3DS or PC.

3) Spike/Chunsoft IS hinting at a third Danga Ronda game!:

The VITA, due to it’s extensive library of adventure games (I’m playing “Walking Dead Season 2” on it right now!) and it’s stunning OLED touch screen is a real treat to play adventure games on and Dangaronpa 2 is a day one buy for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 08 May 2014 06:56 AM

If I’d own a VITA, this would be the very first game I’d get for it. But I don’t, so I won’t… Frown

Here’s hoping it’ll get ported to the 3DS or the PC. Cool

Sony just said in financials that PS Vita is doing worse than expectations.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/14/sony-ps4-has-potential-to-become-as-profitable-as-the-ps2-ps-vita-doing-worse-than-expected/

So if trend will continue you can get bargain deal sooner than later.

But dont miss the game, PC release is not out of option.

Get original Danganronpa PSP umd, rip it and play it on PC emulator, the
fan translated version is GREAT!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d love to see this thread stay on topic, really I would. This thread is to discuss a game called Danganronpa. Not the sales or lack of sales of any particular system.

FYI, Nintendo’s 3DS has seen some missing of sales expectations also:

http://www.gengame.net/2014/01/iwata-3ds-christmas-sales-below-expectations-price-cut-wont-help-wii-u/

Sony released the PSP/V with the assumption that it would dominate the handheld market like the PS1 and PS2 dominated the console market. This hasn’t happened yet but they have sold more handhelds than anyone else EXCEPT Nintendo and that is quite a feat.

Dangaronpa 2 is supposed to be actually better than the first one - which is an amazing game.

Dangaronpa is the best adventure game I’ve played so far this year and $139.95 to buy a system to play it on is a real bargain.

That said - any more off topic posts and I’m getting a moderator involved with this thread.

Let’s play nice here.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mikekelly - 14 May 2014 10:55 PM

Sony released the PSP/V with the assumption that it would dominate the handheld market like the PS1 and PS2 dominated the console market. This hasn’t happened yet but they have sold more handhelds than anyone else EXCEPT Nintendo and that is quite a feat.

So being second in a race between just two handheld consoles is quite a feat?

Dangaronpa 2 is supposed to be actually better than the first one - which is an amazing game.

Hopefully that’s true. Following up something great with something better, THAT’s quite a feat…

Dangaronpa is the best adventure game I’ve played so far this year and $139.95 to buy a system to play it on is a real bargain.

That’s still a steep price to pay for just a couple of games that really interest me. Plus I have a massive backlog on other systems and no time to play, which ultimately makes it a rather moot point… Tongue

That said - any more off topic posts and I’m getting a moderator involved with this thread.

Let’s play nice here.

There’s a moderator present in the thread. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I cant wait for the second one.. and it is hard to imagine that its better than the first. I spoiled myself a tiny bit by seeing an image of togami.. weighing about 400 lbls. and i both couldnt stop laughing, and wondering exactly whats going to happen here.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

It’s easy to make the argument to buy a vita for 140 dollars to non-adventure exclusive fanatics. Persona 4 Golden would be another. Owh…also Zero/Last Virtue was released on it and the first two Corpse Party games.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Origami - 15 May 2014 01:09 PM

It’s easy to make the argument to buy a vita for 140 dollars to non-adventure exclusive fanatics. Persona 4 Golden would be another. Owh…also Zero/Last Virtue was released on it and the first two Corpse Party games.

i totally loved the first corpse party game. And totally hated the 2nd one.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually have 68 games on my VITA, 22 of which are adventure games like “Broken Sword, Walking Dead - Season 1 and 2, Machinarium, Virtue’s Last Reward” - to name a few.

My favorite non-adventure video game of all time is on the system - yep “Persona 4 Golden” - I just love that game.

But, would I buy the VITA JUST for Dangaronpa 1 and 2? Actually, I would. These games are that good - the ending of Dangaronda was amazing - one of the best ever in a game.

Now - we have quite the crowed field right now with adventure games - Tesla Effect is also out, along with Walking Dead Season 2 - so finding time to play all the great adventure games out there is tough.

But I’d rather have a crowed field than a sparse one.

Heart

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

English trailer for the second game!

It’s filmed off monitor and shows some debate footage but I don’t think there’s major spoilers.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m so looking forward to this game.

I’ve got XBlaze to hold me over until Dangaronpa 2 gets released:

There could be a Dangaronpa 3, here’s hoping…..

Heart

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

unfortunately i think xblaze is pure visual novel Frown
i miiiight give it a try if it sounds like its an especially good one… but i need my visual novels to have some kind of interaction and gameplay.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have the demo of Xblaze and it looks great. However, don’t know and may not know until it is released if it has puzzle elements of any kind.

The normal style of japanese adventure game - like Dangaronpa I prefer, but I can do a visual novel if it has an interesting plot.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^i looked it up, and it doesnt have any puzzles, it doesnt even have choices you make along the way.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top