• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

nomadsoul - 11 January 2014 08:08 AM

@tanteikid

You seem to know japanese , any luck on Silvercase ??

Still waiting for that port that’s never going to be released…

Trickless - 11 January 2014 11:24 AM
Tantei KID - 11 January 2014 07:24 AM

For those who know Japanese, you might wanna try Detective Conan & Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (DS); it’s written by the same scenario writer (Kodaka Kazutaka).

An English fan patch is being worked on, I believe they’re aiming for a release this year - http://www.youtube.com/user/DCTP001?feature=watch

I take it that you need to have a decent following of both series to fully appreciate the game? I’ve only read a few volumes of Detective Conan, and watched only one TV special of Kindaichi lol

Well, it is a franchise game, so of course you’ll get more satisfaction out of it if you’re into both series, but in terms of knowledge ‘needed’ to enjoy the game, you’re all set with just the basics (for Conan: why he is hiding his true identity and some of his gadgets, and for Kindaichi Shounen, just that he’s a high school detective). It’s a very easy game though, so if you don’t like either series, or enjoy seeing how these two franchises interact, you might find the game a bit lacking.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 January 2014 11:02 AM
nomadsoul - 11 January 2014 08:08 AM

Hope we get DR2 Fan translation earlier than official word

Do you know anything if anybody started work on the fan translation? Can’t find anything.

PMed

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

MegaaaaaaTOnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If today’s release of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc in North America isn’t enough to get you excited, then what about the news that the sequel may be following it? Kyle Hebert, a voice actor who has previously worked on anime like Fate/Zero, Durarara!! and Persona 4: The Animation, tweeted earlier that he voices Kazuichi Souda.

The tweet was soon deleted, because Kazuichi Souda is not from Danganronpa. Rather, he is from the sequel, a currently Japanese-only game. This is great news for those of you enjoying the first game, and hopefully we’ll hear from NIS America about it soon. Treat this as rumour for now, but you’ve got to assume that Kyle must have already recorded his character’s dialogue to have assumed it was out today!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Crazy possible good news of a sequel coming! Smile

Everybody buy this game, even if you don’t own a Vita, It’s that good!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv already played this game, and im still excited to be playing it again Smile
It is that good.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I like Danganronpa - it reminds me of a few adventure games I got for my VITA in 2013:

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Sweet Fuse

I’ve played for a few hours today and I like the concept and the characters - another great adventure game on the VITA!

The reviews of the game have been very good:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mikekelly - 11 February 2014 10:33 PM

The reviews of the game have been very good:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc

Heart

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is NISA’s Best-Reviewed Game in Seven Years.

Sales are really good too,“LE Sold Out” rumors, so i hope it gets audience,
and show 999, vlr and PW who is the boss.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m BACK playing adventure games on the VITA - I have to admit, the OLED screen makes these games a vivid treat!

I’m loving Dangaronpa big time - similar to 999 in some ways so one way or another we get great and amazing adventure games from this talented company!

I’m getting the second one day one.

For $139 dollars my VITA is quite the bargain. It is everything I’d want for portable adventure game fun.

XBlaze Code: Embryo is another great adventure game/visual novel coming out very soon!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Is it worth getting a Vita now? There are a few exclusives that interest me including Tales of Hearts, Gravity Rush, Tearaway and this.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

thejobloshow - 06 May 2014 10:23 PM

Is it worth getting a Vita now? There are a few exclusives that interest me including Tales of Hearts, Gravity Rush, Tearaway and this.

I think so, it’s been a good year for the console with new releases and it just released the new model. There are still a couple more interesting games for this year (like the sequel to Dangaronpa) and I think they’ll announce more stuff aat E3.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I think so, it’s been a good year for the console with new releases and it just released the new model. There are still a couple more interesting games for this year (like the sequel to Dangaronpa) and I think they’ll announce more stuff aat E3.

I myself find it amazing that handhelds have gotten so many good adventure games over the years, first the Nintendo DS and now the PS VITA.

2014 is a very good year for the VITA, first Dangaronpa - which is by far the best adventure game I’ve played this year, Dandaronpa 2 is to be released later this year along with XBlaze.

I’m currently playing “Walking Dead Season 2” on the VITA and “Wolf Among Us” is scheduled for a Fall release.

Quite a few great adventure games were laso released in 2013 - so for on the go adventure gameplay the VITA is an excellent choice.

Heart

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Well that settles it! If there is going to be Danganronpa 2 then I will definitely look into buying a Vita and maybe grab one soon in case NISA offers a special edition of that game on their website.

I’m also waiting and wondering about Time Travelers . If that title ever comes out in the West, I’ll have my bases covered if it’s a Vita or 3DS exclusive.

Handheld gaming is killing at the moment.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah its likely worth it. But what truly makes getting a vita worth it: is if youre interested in the large library of ps1 and psp digital games. The vita library is building slowly.. but theres plenty of great old games you can play.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

This is the first game I bought for my Vita. I’ve played about 3 hours so far and I’m enjoying it.

While I love text-heavy games, I’m also very particular about them—I have very little patience for bloated exposition and constant call-backs. In that regard I’ve found the opening hours of Danganronpa to be a little bit annoying, with the main character frequently reminding you of what’s going on, sometimes only 30 seconds after it’s happened, but I’m hoping this fades away further into the game.

I’ve definitely had the Phoenix Wright problem of figuring out a “mystery” long before the game lets me, but again, I expect things to become less predictable as the game progresses. Definitely going to stick with it.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Actually, the first Danganronpa is extremely easy, and it shouldn’t be difficult at all to figure everything out in a murder (including the ‘twists’) before you enter the trials.

The second game improves on that a lot though (also by withholding information from you until the classroom trials, thus preventing you from deducing certain twists).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top