• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy Pandora Directive Day 9

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

After watching a LP of UAKM I got hooked and now after 3 days of almost non-stop playing (and a few hints, damn you slider puzzle!) I am stuck. I am on Day 9 and cannot make a torch because I have no matches. I know I had some at one point in the game. Was I supposed to find more? I checked a walkthrough and it says I should load an earlier save but I would like to avoid that if possible. I am playing Game Player mode.

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Hmm, yeah, I’ve heard about this bug before. I think it has to do with the order you do certain things in before you reach that point. Unfortunately, I do not think there is any other way to solve your problem other than restoring a previous save and playing it again, taking care to do things a bit differently.

Good luck!

Edit; I think I remember that some items sometimes dissapear if you haven’t looked at them in the inventory earlier in the game. Try looking closely at every item you pick up.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

I assume you are playing pandora & not UAKM .the only matches you need to pick up are at roswell in the bunker area, sounds like you might have go back. I suppose you have pressed the arrow keys for the second page at the inventory items.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I’m also playing The Pandora Directive for the first time now, but still have to reach Day 9.

I just wondered how anyone was able to, without help, open the box that was stolen from Emily(?). I still have no clue how you were supposed to solve this puzzle. I consulted a walkthrough and even its writer said it nearly made him quit the game for good and that he didn’t wish the puzzle on anyone. I mean, the peg holes don’t align in any way with the map you have. Which means that the map seems to be absolutely useless for the puzzle. I dunno, I’m just curious how you were supposed to solve this one!

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

you have combine the map with another article which was found on the floor or laying on something in the waterfront warehouse.

hope this was some help to you.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

plumgas - 20 May 2012 06:52 AM

you have combine the map with another article which was found on the floor or laying on something in the waterfront warehouse.

hope this was some help to you.

I guess I didn’t express myself well enough. Meh
I know that you had to combine the map with the “flight schedule”, but the puzzle still doesn’t make any sense to me. The problem is not solving the puzzle, I’m past that, but understanding it, because I really would like to. How could the map and the flight schedule be of any help when the placement of the peg holes on the puzzle box is not in accordance with the positions of the cities on the map?

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

Yeah I already had the matches and used them on the dynamite and I assume that is when they disappeared like all other items which I have no use for. And I examine all my items so that’s not why the bug happened.

The puzzle box with the map also seemed inaccurate to me, the first few minutes were trial and error with help from the map but it became easier once I noticed that I have to connect the pegs so that the lines cross the middle of the screen. Some of the cities were more accurate then others as I remember. Like I got the southern and northern most points in one try. The slider puzzle for Witts box was the most frustrating for me because I always ended up not being able to arrange the first 2 rows. Same thing happened in Black Mirror for which I needed to download a save game.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

ozzie - 20 May 2012 02:19 PM

I know that you had to combine the map with the “flight schedule”, but the puzzle still doesn’t make any sense to me. The problem is not solving the puzzle, I’m past that, but understanding it, because I really would like to. How could the map and the flight schedule be of any help when the placement of the peg holes on the puzzle box is not in accordance with the positions of the cities on the map?

Yeah, that puzzle was unnecessarily difficult. My take is that only the relative directions between the destinations are supposed to match, i.e. the lines you draw between the pegs correspond to how a bird would fly between the cities. How you’re supposed to figure that out is beyond me, though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top