• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Final adventure game of 2013?

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

So I just bought my last game for 2013. And after some consideration I’ve decided to go for:

“The Wolf Among Us - Episode 1”

What is or will be your final adventure purchase for 2013?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I hope it the final one ever.  ahem.. but for TT . Tongue

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 15 December 2013 10:33 AM

I hope it the final one ever.  ahem.. but for TT . Tongue

I forgot to bring my decoder ring, sorry. Could you please explain what your post means?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it means I hate it when someone mention any title for Telltale Games , that I wanna get down on my knees and beg him/her to come to her senses and not waste good money and time on those nice graphics and good story telling, when there are 1000s of great AG of there that really mean playing an adventure games that will challenge your brain and anyone will get satisfied and rewarded for these challenges ,plus guess what ;they can be replayed one day, but anything that came out for TTG wont be replayed ever and I bet anyone to tell me he/she replayed an TTG AG even if they were from the time before TTG rode the shark and betrayed the trust they made with the AGs community , ..well did I make my self clear Karlok or should I go on?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

There seems to be a lot of hate for TellTale here. I was actually thinking I might replay Sam&Max; Season One or Season Two this holiday season because I liked them so much.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Karlok - 15 December 2013 11:46 AM

There seems to be a lot of hate for TellTale here. ..

No that’s not true,look at his posts number he’s burnout.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hoho Mr cowboy, I like the ones showing up their faces for Xmas sometimes ..

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

gray pierce - 15 December 2013 10:21 AM

So I just bought my last game for 2013. And after some consideration I’ve decided to go for:

I truly can’t answer that until December 31st!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 15 December 2013 12:13 PM

This, mainly because of post-xmas deals that take over.

But last new release - probably season 2 of the walking dead - don’t know if there are new games releasing after

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Ditto

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Really? I thought you guys, like me had run out of your budgets by now. What with all the Christmas shopping and the gigantic amount of both social and public events running up to it. December has always been a costly month but this year it’s just completely utterly ridiculous. I think I’ve spent like 200 quid on social events alone.

Anyway since you guys seem to have a neverending flow of cash I’ll just leave this here and update it from time to time with pointless post just to keep it fresh. I am very curious to see what will eventually be the final adventure purchase of 2013.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I wasn’t planning on buying any new games but I might. I’ve already bought Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 for $2.99 (daily suprise offer at GOG) and who knows what else GOG has in store for me.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Judging by the frames set for the current community playthrough, much indicates that the last game I’ll finish this year will be Inherit the Earth, but I won’t be able to tell for sure until dec 31st Wink As far as money goes, my budget is pretty much dried out, but I still have a few games I bought this year that I haven’t even gotten around to watching the intro of, and I doubt I’ll be able to finish all of them before we enter 2014.

You’ll probably finish that episode tonight in one sitting, then there’s still two weeks left of the year. Are you really not gonna play any AG’s for the next two weeks? Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Dag - 15 December 2013 02:44 PM

Judging by the frames set for the current community playthrough, much indicates that the last game I’ll finish this year will be Inherit the Earth, but I won’t be able to tell for sure until dec 31st Wink As far as money goes, my budget is pretty much dried out, but I still have a few games I bought this year that I haven’t even gotten around to watching the intro of, and I doubt I’ll be able to finish all of them before we enter 2014.

You’ll probably finish that episode tonight in one sitting, then there’s still two weeks left of the year. Are you really not gonna play any AG’s for the next two weeks? Tongue

Of course I am.(I see now that the title of the thread is misleading) I’m saving BS5 for Christmas.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Btw: I know the game’s quite short. That’s exactly why I bought it. With all the december mayhem going on. By which I don;t just mean all the events and parties I ahve to go to but also the ridiculous amount of comic books and dvds released. 14 new volumes bought this month and that’s not even half of the total new releases that interest me. Plus 3 new DVD box sets. And oh yes: I also have a job I have to go to from time to time. Meaning I won’t have that much time for gaming. However I’ve gotten so into gaming lately I didn’t want to not play anything till Christmas. So one of the reasons I bought it is because it is quite short and therefor can easily be played in a single evening leaving enough time for allt he other stuff.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-08-29

PM

Hmm, it’s hard to say.  I’ll also be waiting to see what deals spring up as far as GOG/Steam/bundles go.  My backlog is pretty full up with some great AGs, but I’ll likely spring for The Inner World or (if this counts) The Stanley Parable, assuming a decent sale.

I’m also curious about the Raven, but I won’t get that until it’s at least 75% off.  I’d love to buy all indie games full price, but I am a student and I have to be as economical as I can, so if I can stand the wait I usually wait for a price drop.

Not that I could wait to play BS 5, the Cognition episodes, the Deadly Premonition port and anything from Wadjet Eye that came out this year ;-)...

...By the way, I love this site.  A while ago, I was happy to have discovered Just Adventure, but then it became a bit strange with the ownership change, so thank goodness I found AdventureGamers.  The forums here usually have a great vibe and interesting conversations, and I am generally impressed by the taste people have around here.

Also, the game coverage in reviews/news/articles is just spot-on for what I like.  There’s plenty of tiny indie dev coverage, for example, and the right number of “not-quite-AGs,” but with a much-appreciated bias toward more or less proper adventure games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top