Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Contradiction - Live-action video based adventure game

Total Posts: 5300

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hey Tim,
Good to see you posting here, Huge fan of your Music Heart ...You among Wise,
Jesper are oldschool Icons, cant get your tunes out of my head.

Hope to see you returning in some game where you can use your Full
Music potential again.

And Congrats on meeting your Goal.  Thumbs Up

I never asked for this

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Grats for the successful funding! Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2013-12-15

PM

Thank you!  And thanks for the very kind compliments nomadsoul!  I will be writing all the music for this too, and I’m also writing some stuff for a friend’s app, so actually I’m finding myself slipping back into it at the moment!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-18

PM

Hi Tim, I know this thread is super old, but I didn’t see any other threads on here about “Contradiction”. I just wanted to say that I bought this game on Steam and really loved it, great concept and riveting until the end. I can’t wait for more games in this vein.

Total Posts: 5300

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I enjoyed it too, it was great FMV game fix with great acting in that budget.
Give it a try.

I never asked for this

Total Posts: 3211

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Has anyone played this? It was apparently made on quite a low budget via Kickstarter despite having FMV sequences featuring live actors including the notable Paul Darrow who in his role I found so appropriately ‘nasty’ .

I started playing the game a few months ago, got distracted & then picked up on it in the last couple of days which I found easier to continue with than I thought. 
On now finishing I thought the investigation into the apparent suicide of a student was a very engaging experience. The game’s quite linear & yes, very formulaic but the mystery was a fascinating one with the main challenge in the game trying to ‘trip-up’ the people through (wacky) Detective Jenks interviews of them by finding contradictions in what they said which got harder as you progressed.  But also the philosophy of a ‘skills-life’ course was interesting + the accusations of more ‘extreme practises’ used but not tied up (which didn’t matter for the conclusion of the story) leave it open for a sequel which I’m hoping for. I for one liked the ending of the game!   

Total Posts: 6901

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I merged all three Contradiction threads. And I’m bumping this on my list of games to play. Cool

Now Playing: The Last Express
Next in line: Cayne, Tex Murphy: Mean Streets, Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within, Portal 2, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Recently finished: Portal (3/5), Machinarium (4/5), Beyond: Light Advent (post-CPT) (2.5/5), Anchorhead (CPT) (4/5), Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (CPT) (3.5/5), Violet (CPT) (3/5), Spider and Web (CPT) (4/5), Plundered Hearts (CPT) (3.5/5), J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars (CPT) (4/5), Emerald City Confidential (CPT) (4/5), The Stanley Parable (4/5), ASA: A Space Adventure (CPT) (3.5/5), Gone Home (4/5), Samorost 2 (3.5/5), Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen (CPT) (3/5), STASIS (4/5)
Anticipating: Asylum, The St. Christopher’s School Lockdown, Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure, Beautiful Desolation

Total Posts: 3211

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 24 November 2015 03:13 PM

I merged all three Contradiction threads. And I’m bumping this on my list of games to play. Cool

Thanks Tim!: tup: I did try a search for the game to make sure I wasn’t repeating but nothing came up! It’s a game that very much deserves not to disappear under the radar - it’s available from Steam (yeah I know not everyone likes Steam - neither do I prefer that option but if you want a game…) but the game’s well worth trying! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Finally bought this and I really like it so far! I have never seen this on sale (on any platform) but it seems that 10€ was money well spent. Charming characters, good fmv acting and nice classic murder mystery theme. Like Chrissie said in distant past: game`s well worth trying Smile

Hopefully we`ll see a sequel someday with a little bit bigger budget. Any rumors? At the moment steamspy says that Contradiction has 23 924 owners.

Playing: 1) Contradiction - Spot the Liar 2) The Witness 3)1979 Revolution: Black Friday

Total Posts: 1404

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just LOVED this game - great fun. I played it several times.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on handheld systems- PS VITA, Nintendo DS and ipad mini.

Welcome to the AG forums! View the archived forums here »