• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name ___ Adventure Games

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sam Peters
Runaway 2
Shannara
A New Beginning

Name 3 games where you can hear, but not see your character

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

diego - 12 April 2016 06:40 PM

Name 3 games where you can hear, but not see your character

A Fork in the Tale
Nancy Drew games

Name 3 games in which you get to visit Italy

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Let’s see…

Moebius
A Quiet Weekend in Capri
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Name three games where you pilot a spacecraft

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Space Quest series
Obsidian
Frederick Pohl’s Gateway

Name 3 games where you can hear but not see your character, that are not Nancy Drew or A Fork in the Tale.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Space Bar
Scratches
Does Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon count? Because there’s a small headshot visible at the bottom during dialogues…

Name 6 “modern day” (early 1900’s - near future) games where a sizeable part of the game takes place in a medieval castle. (Max. 1 per series of games, please)

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Toonstruck
Gabriel Knight
Clandestiny
Nancy Drew 19: The Haunting of Castle Malloy
Black Mirror
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Name 2 games where the hint system is in the form of a character

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Aha, another opportunity to bring up chatterbox Arthur. Smile
And Telltale’s Sam and Max are constantly providing hints.

An old text adventure I played (can’t remember the name at this particularly senior moment) had a lovely hint system in the form of the devil. You had to do the opposite of the advice he gave you.  Cool

Name one game, preferably more than one, where you can see but not hear the protagonist.

Naughty

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sneaky! Naughty

Correct me if I’m wrong here because it’s been a while since I played it ... what about The Path?

Failing that, maybe Machinarium?

I think Dropsy might also be a candidate but I abandoned that one so I don’t know.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 20 May 2016 02:55 PM

Sneaky! Naughty

What?! Any DOS game released between 1988 - 1992? It would be different if Karlok said “where you can see your character, but your character doesn’t speak a word”.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 20 May 2016 02:55 PM

Sneaky! Naughty

Correct me if I’m wrong here because it’s been a while since I played it ... what about The Path?

Good one! It’s not the game I had in mind. And “sneaky” is right:Her Story. You can see the daughter/protagonist’s reflection on the monitor, but she doesn’t speak.

Failing that, maybe Machinarium?

Noooo… little Joseph makes sounds.

I think Dropsy might also be a candidate but I abandoned that one so I don’t know.

Haven’t played it. Another candidate is Blue Heat. You have ample opportunity to admire the physique of protagonist Holly, who doesn’t speak at all. Strange, when other people talk to her all the time and she simply selects a reply in the dialogue tree.  Tongue But I think she does moan or sigh when doing it with her colleague-boyfriend.

Your turn, Oscar.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Apart from Kheops games, name three games with renewable consumables.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Dragon Lore 1 and 2, Quest for Glory V

Name 4 games where you can see Hitler (in person, or some other way)

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

That’s a hard one. I know for sure you meet Hitler in TimeQuest. But the others are pure guesses based on the time frame. Kronolog Nazi - one of the Indiana Jones games - Evil under the sun (I’m pretty sure Hitler is at least mentioned).

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimeQuest is right, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is right, and in Evil Under the Sun I think I remember seeing Hitler in a newspaper, so that one is right, too.

Kronolog Nazi on the other hand is set in future, and either you give proofs of Hitler in the game, or come with another one. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top