• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

skeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Name ___ Adventure Games

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Toonstruck (frog, cow, sheep ...)
Bud Tucker in double trouble (worm, gorilla )
kyrandia 2 (rat, frog ...)
Sam and max hit the road Laughing

Name 3 ag’s with ... a ship in a bottle. Smile

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jolly Rover
Igor: Objective Uikokahonia

and The Curse of MI Tongue

This has been covered lately is some other thread, but anyway - name 3 AGs with giant mushrooms!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Journey to the Center of the Earth

The Legend of Crystal Valley

Does the titular Mushroom of Phungoria from the Gilbert Goodmate game qualify as ‘giant’? It does for me. Grin
If I’d eat that, I wouldn’t have mush room left for dessert… Tongue
Groan-inducing pun, I know. Sorry.

Or would you accept regular-size mushrooms but really tiny protagonists, like in this bit from Simon the Sorcerer?

Oh, hell, I’ll just pick the giant mushrooms from Uru - Ages Beyond Myst instead. Avoids all arguments… Tongue

Name 3 adventure games that feature live dinosaurs (so no skeletons).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nice work, Tim, I didn’t know Simon the Sorcerer one Grin Thumbs Up (I had Ceville in mind)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jurassic Park, Lost Eden and Flight of the Amazon Queen Grin (Ok, ok, if you’re not taking FOTA then Journey to the Center of the Earth.)

Name 3 games in which you’re visiting the location as one character, and then THE SAME location as the other character.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Broken Sword 5 - library, fountain area, etc
Gabriel Knight 2 - backstage at the opera - small area and not very convincing I know Meh
Resonance - many locations

Name 3 adventures where you can spy on people.

EDIT: I’ll add Edna and Harvey. (memories)

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 26 April 2014 07:19 AM

Jurassic Park, Lost Eden and Flight of the Amazon Queen Grin (Ok, ok, if you’re not taking FOTA then Journey to the Center of the Earth.)

Those were the games I had in mind, and yes, I would have counted FotAQ. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Curse of Monkey Island, (obviously) Voyeur 2 and And Then There Were None.

Name two 3rd-person games with the unnamed main protagonist

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Hmm..This is a tough one.

Botanicula (I think - I don’t remember them having names)
Quest for Glory

Name three games featuring an inventory without having a KEY as an inventory item

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Return to Mysterious Island 2
Congo: Descent into Zinj
Broken Age

Name three adventure where the protagonist can see himself in a mirror.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

King’s Quest 1
Broken Sword 5
Gray Matter

Name three second-person adventure games.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hmm… that’s a hard one!

Isabelle
Gabriel Knight 3
Ninety percent of all text adventures Smile

I’d better wait for the green or red light before posting a new one.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Karlok - 05 May 2014 07:22 AM

Hmm… that’s a hard one!

Isabelle
Gabriel Knight 3
Ninety percent of all text adventures Smile

I’d better wait for the green or red light before posting a new one.

Granted!

I have never played Isabelle but I think you’re right about GK3, the camera is 2nd person (you). It’s also 3rd person in a way because you control Gabe.

Most text adventures definitely. The other I was thinking of is The Experiment, where you are in control of the cameras to indirectly guide the protagonist.

We need more 2nd person adventures!  Laughing

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Experiment, of course!

The second-person view in Isabelle is optional. You can choose to play one of the two protagonists (the other one is 3rd-person only) either 1st-person or camera view from behind.

Name 3 adventures that break the fourth wall at some point.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

About 2nd-person - GK3 of course! I completely forgot you can move the camera regardless of the main character’s movement. BTW, aren’t those games with the narrator *sort* of 2nd-person as well, because, for example, the narrator is talking about Larry like Larry is you, and not about Larry as he’s him, if you get my drift. Grin And aren’t Samorost-like (not Machinarium) games also kind of 2nd-persons in that sense you’re sort of a “god” who interacts with the surroundings?

Karlok - 05 May 2014 08:01 AM

Name 3 adventures that break the fourth wall at some point.

Rincewind knocking on screen in Discworld 1, Monkey Island 2 (Chuckie turning to audience with an evil smile - can “breaking the fourth wall” be without the spoken word, just gestures?) and Simon the Sorcerer on quite a few occasions. (if you’re not taking MI2 then Simons the Sorcerer 2 Tongue)

Name 2 adventure games where you visit the zoo. (yeah, I’ve been to the zoo today!)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top