• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yeah….nico on her own wouldn’t be as funny.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-05-20

PM

There’s nothing new in this article, but they say that the new game is going to be announced soon. Let’s hope that’s true:
http://www.edge-online.com/news/revolution-software-unveil-broken-sword-5

I’ve gotten more and more worried about the interface though. For more than a decade games suffered from being too “console-y”, for the past few years I’ve been disappointed at a few games for being too “touchscreeney”, the remakes of Broken Sword 1 and 2 being a case in point. I’m having a bad feeling that the next game will have that simplified interface and I hope that they won’t bring back those awful portraits. Was Dave Gibbons really trying?

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

gray pierce - 13 June 2012 02:14 PM
jhetfield21 - 13 June 2012 01:54 PM

Sam Suede…..the game Steve is contracted for at the moment.

That looks horrible!

Gee, thanks.  Smile

Don’t forget, these graphics are 6 years old.  Although it’s based on an excellent Al Lowe design, myself and Wizarbox have been brought in to ensure that we deliver a quality game for the current market.

I hope it is indeed doomed and that it dies quickly so Steve can get to work on BS5.

I’m not sure why you’d assume that if Sam Suede failed I’d automatically work on BS5, even if that is the game that Revolution are going to announce.  I enjoy working with the Revolution team but I have other clients, too.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Steve Ince - 15 June 2012 04:46 AM
gray pierce - 13 June 2012 02:14 PM
jhetfield21 - 13 June 2012 01:54 PM

Sam Suede…..the game Steve is contracted for at the moment.

That looks horrible!

Gee, thanks.  Smile

Don’t forget, these graphics are 6 years old.  Although it’s based on an excellent Al Lowe design, myself and Wizarbox have been brought in to ensure that we deliver a quality game for the current market.

Sorry that was not very nice of me. Pan

And a poor choice of words at that because I think visually there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just the story that doesn’t sound appealing to me at all. It sounds so cliché and terribly unfunny. But then I’m not an Al Lowe fan so maybe that’s just me.

I hope it is indeed doomed and that it dies quickly so Steve can get to work on BS5.

I’m not sure why you’d assume that if Sam Suede failed I’d automatically work on BS5, even if that is the game that Revolution are going to announce.  I enjoy working with the Revolution team but I have other clients, too.

Well maybe it was wishful thinking. I just loved what you did for BS3 and thought your absence was very much noticeable in BS4 so hoping that the next installment at least designwise will be more like BS3 I’m hoping that you’ll be on board. But apparently that’s not the case. Was wishful thinking anyway.

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

gray pierce - 15 June 2012 05:43 AM

Sorry that was not very nice of me. Pan

That’s okay.

And a poor choice of words at that because I think visually there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just the story that doesn’t sound appealing to me at all. It sounds so cliché and terribly unfunny. But then I’m not an Al Lowe fan so maybe that’s just me.

Hopefully I’ll be able to stamp some of my style onto the game and make it something you might enjoy.

Thanks for the kind words about BS3/BS4.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

While it seems perfectly reasonable and understandable that Revolution will make another Broken Sword game, I must say that as a fan, I’ve been hoping for an up-to-date continuation of the Beneath a Steel Sky storyverse for years.

An intelligent, witty, full package sci-fi adventure gaming experience from Revolution,  (probably even 100% Templar-free!), with Steve on board—it’d be wonderful.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

it would be wonderful but again at this moment just wishful thinking.we’ll see maybe the universe will answer our prayers Tongue.

i’m not sure i understood fully but i think revolution hints at 2.5D game and not pure 2D.

Cecil said: “When you move to 3D it changes the essence. With 2D the game feels like a classic adventure. But in our next game we will use 3D where appropriate.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

jhetfield21 - 15 June 2012 07:46 PM

it would be wonderful but again at this moment just wishful thinking.we’ll see maybe the universe will answer our prayers Tongue.

i’m not sure i understood fully but i think revolution hints at 2.5D game and not pure 2D.

Cecil said: “When you move to 3D it changes the essence. With 2D the game feels like a classic adventure. But in our next game we will use 3D where appropriate.

A 2.5D BS I would definitely like. Also this is absolutely wishful thinking and the chances of this happening are close to zero but wouldn’t it be great if Barrington Pheloung could come back and compose the score. I so love his music whether it’s BS, Morse, Lewis or any of his other great soundtracks. Having him on board would be amazing. But then that’s really merely wishful thinking.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

^
I see no reason why they wouldn’t bring him back. I mean, he came back for the Broken Sword Director’s Cut (and I think for the Remastered, too) after all. If Revolution are going back to their 2D roots, then I hope Barrington’s music makes a comeback too!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Charles Cecil @CharlesCecil :

Madly preparing, barring disaster, to announce our new project tomorrow. Very excited.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

the announcement is gonna be at 3pm CEST it seems.drool is amassing in the outer part of the mouth,though i can’t tell if it’s sleep deprivation or pure excitement,probably both Tongue

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

I think it’s pretty much sure the new project is BS5 because CC replied to a tweet saying 3pm?is that Broken Sword 5 time? by asking if he could steal the line because it was good…..drooling gets worse

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Really? You all want another Broken Sword, after the very average 3 and dreadful 4?

I’d rather a proper sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

If it is Broken Sword 5 then it better be in real time 3D. Anything else would be a step backwards.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top