• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Her Majesty’s SPIFFING - Out now!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-11-15

PM

UPDATE:
Her Majesty’s SPIFFING is now out on Steam, XboxOne & the Humble store, with the PS4 version out on the 13th.

Many thanks to the backers and adventure game community for the support over the last 2 years!

Launch trailer:
https://youtu.be/hGHiAhJAwr4

Steam page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/488770/

Humble store:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/her-majestys-spiffing

Xbox One:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/store/p/Her-Majestys-SPIFFING/C3CS50CDDC83

—-//

Many thanks to Adventure Gamers for posting about our new game Her Majesty’s SPIFFING which we’re trying to fund on Kickstarter at the moment.

In our tale the Queen of England has decided that she wants to expand the British Empire once again! However, given that the conventional methods of going about such as task are now considered somewhat inappropriate Her Majesty has instead turned to the stars!

We have a demo that you can play, download links can be found here.

If you don’t have the time to download the demo yourself you can see some gameplay of it in action here.

We’d love to hear people’s thoughts about our game and campaign, we had a great first few days but we really need your support if we’re going to make it and get this game made!

We’ve a load of backer rewards, including 3D statues of our lead protagonist, the quintessentially British Cpt Frank Lee English:

Check out our campaign page for more information and do give the demo a blast, we’d love to hear your thoughts! Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Already looks better and more fun than SpaceVenture, imo. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

one Ouch! (and another..)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Note as of 10/25/2014: My comments in this post were made in 2013 in reference to this project’s previous campaign. Since then a new campaign has begun and the first post in the thread has been updated to reflect this. So bear in mind that my comments in this post no longer apply.

TimovieMan - 15 November 2013 11:58 AM

Already looks better and more fun than SpaceVenture, imo. Thumbs Up

Art and humor are certainly contributing factors to fun, and those elements look promising, but it would be nice to see some puzzle design (sketches, prototype footage, demo, whatever) as well. The current gameplay video’s fine for demoing the prototype inventory, navigation and camera systems, but doesn’t give a sense of the puzzle design which is obviously pretty key to the fun factor, so hopefully that’s a future update.

DeepPurple - 15 November 2013 08:20 AM

We welcome your feedback

I would recommend adding the names of the specific smartphone games you’ve made under “The Team” section. Currently you’re vague about it (“a number of 3D games, mainly for smartphones”), but I don’t see why. Having previously finished and shipped games is a good thing.

A search for “BillyGoat Entertainment” on my iPhone revealed three games: CRC Pro-Cycling, KnightyKnight, and Outfoxed. I assume these are some of what flashed by rapidly in the pitch video.

Best wishes.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d say this is a very promising looking project. The character models look top notch and the engine looks like it’s working very well. I think you’ve managed to achive very promising looking traditional p&c 3D engine, which is, IMO pretty rare sight.

Joined 2013-11-15

PM

Thanks guys!

@Caliburn Good point, we should have our back catalog more prominent under our team section.

We’re working hard over the next month on bringing updates on our page to help show our design for other areas of the game such as puzzles, dialogue tree options and other bits we can fit in.  Hopefully we’ll start to get more coverage as well, so I can spend more time making cool art assets for the game Cool

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Greetings all

Back again full of love for the point and click genra. This time I would like to make you aware of a jolly good, Spiffin, space adventure, that would make you so happy you would cry tea from utter excitement. Wot, Wot. As such, without further ado. Straight from the commonwealth, I give you HM spiffin kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236117571/hm-spiffing-a-comedy-3d-space-themed-adventure-gam

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Merged with the old thread.

Good to see they’re already as far as with their entire first campaign in just two days. This time they’ll make it for sure! Cool

I’ve also edited the campaign link in the first post (so it doesn’t point to the failed campaign from last year)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Glad to see this team and their game back and doing well!

The prototype’s looking good: smooth camerawork and head-tracking, nice interface, charming presentation, and a better idea of what to expect in terms of writing and gameplay than the tech demo from the prior campaign.

Out of curiosity: Is calling someone “butt” a British thing? From my perspective, it seemed an odd thing for the junior officer to call his superior and have him not react badly at all, but it was said so casually that it didn’t sound like it was meant to be an insult in the first place…

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Caliburn - 24 October 2014 11:58 AM

Out of curiosity: Is calling someone “butt” a British thing? From my perspective, it seemed an odd thing for the junior officer to call his superior and have him not react badly at all, but it was said so casually that it didn’t sound like it was meant to be an insult in the first place…

I wondered about that too—whether it’s a British thing or whether the Captain habitually pays so little notice to what the junior officer is saying that the junior officer can get away with calling the Captain a “butt” without his noticing.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Looks great! As a member of the commonwealth I fully endorse this game! Lol

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

Caliburn - 24 October 2014 11:58 AM

Hi chaps! Gosh, I wasn’t aware that this thread had been resurrected (thank you to Dean’n Kate for pointing this out)!

The term “butt” is actually a term of endearment popular in South Wales, meaning “mate”. It has been the topic of some confusion even amongst residents of the British Isles so we, er, may drop it. Perhaps this could be the topic of a backer survey should we succeed in our quest for funding! Tongue

Glad to hear that our prototype is going down well! We’re working on a version that will allow you to switch to more traditional point and click controls (as certain individuals have been VERY vocal about this!) and iron out a few bugs. Should have that online early next week, of course if you’re a backer you’ll hear this news immediately once it happens.

Will have to get on the blower to DeepPurple (aka Alec) to update the post at the top to include the new artwork and videos. If you folks have any other comments or questions feel free to ask. Nerd

Oh, and if you haven’t already, please GIVE US YOUR MONEY! Money Mouth

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I gave the demo a quick spin. I like what you’ve done with the engine, it felt like a genuine point and click game even when I was playing with a pad.

It looks like you’ve got a good start this time around, so that’s a good thing. I am tempted to throw in a pound or two, but I’m not in the money at the moment, so I’ll have to see about that later.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Indeed. A lot of us can not afford much, but just like in the Duke campaign, all those small amounts add up and if you can not spare anything then spreading the word is just as good. Great to see this get a second chance and together we can do a lot, as we did for Duke.

Joined 2013-11-15

PM

Updated the first post with download links for the demo & some new art work. 
Thanks for all the support so far guys Grin

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

tomimt - 24 October 2014 03:53 PM

I gave the demo a quick spin. I like what you’ve done with the engine, it felt like a genuine point and click game even when I was playing with a pad.

Thanks Tomimt, glad that SOMEONE liked what we where trying to do! Tongue

As I said it’s fair to say that our demo’s controls annoyed some point and click purists (that being said quite a few people have been in touch saying the liked the controls!).

The updated version of that demo that we hope to have online this coming Tuesday that allows you to switch between the mouse only and gamepad control setups. It may be a wee bit buggy, but it’ll be pretty close to how the mouse setup will work in the finished game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top