• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Undefined

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 2

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

It has been done in Tlou, and with gameplay and finesse, now lets see
whats new TTg will put on the table.

Teaser Vine
https://vine.co/v/hQwe3jHBn2l

Rel Date is 18th for XBlive and 17th for PC i guess???

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m a bit concerned with Telltale. They seem to be juggling a lot of projects at once. Still waiting for the Wolf amongst us episode 2…

Think I’m just going to wait till the whole season is out.  The gaps between episodes could increase…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve always bought my Telltale games after every episode has come out. I’m too impatient to wait between episodes.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The wolf amongst us is the first time I have bought the lot. Yeah… Starting to regret it now. Going to have to wait to replay the 1st now. I’m just going to wait till its all out I think.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Full Trailer Heavy spoilers

I see zero updgrade in engine and awful animations.
Must be different team than TWAU.
That fight scene with Man is cringe worthy…

I was right its nowhere close to Tlou

Makes me want TWAUep2 badly.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 12 December 2013 03:36 PM

I see zero updgrade in engine and awful animations.

How could they upgrade? They are working at 10 games at the same time… Smile Not very faithful of the new Telltale here-are-doing-everything but I’ll still be there next week to see how it goes. And then wait a few months for the next episodes of the two current series.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

tomimt - 12 December 2013 08:22 AM

I’ve always bought my Telltale games after every episode has come out. I’m too impatient to wait between episodes.

Same here. I don’t understand how people can play each episode as it comes out. It would drive me crazy to wait that long between episodes.  I can’t even wait a week between TV shows anymore!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I thought some questions in The Walking Dead season 1 were better off being unanswered. Will season 2 be fan service or will the story diverge into an interesting new direction?

Where will Telltale go story wise when they made their initial point pretty clearly in the first season?

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

CoyoteAG - 12 December 2013 10:00 PM
tomimt - 12 December 2013 08:22 AM

Same here. I don’t understand how people can play each episode as it comes out. It would drive me crazy to wait that long between episodes.  I can’t even wait a week between TV shows anymore!

Yeah ... I played all of season 1 within the span of a week.  It’s going to be hell waiting in between episodes.

But I’m looking forward to this too much to not play it when it comes out.  And I bet it will be fun discussing the game and our choices throughout the season.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

thejobloshow - 13 December 2013 12:50 AM

I thought some questions in The Walking Dead season 1 were better off being unanswered. Will season 2 be fan service or will the story diverge into an interesting new direction?

Where will Telltale go story wise when they made their initial point pretty clearly in the first season?

I think 400 days clearly showed they have a lot more stuff up their sleeve.  Bringing in a bunch of entirely new characters was definitely not fan service.

It will be interesting to see how they tie in.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Episode 1 is out

Terribad….feels like cashin.
There aint any redeeming factor about it.
Animations are worse than TWAU, the choreography of fights specially,
how she managed to tackle that guy, those animations… it was all bad.

She got carried away in water current and her cap sticks like glue.

She makes animal friends in matter of seconds. Them doggy scenes..oh man.

Shocking deaths and reappearances are just for the sake of it.

One thing is set, i wont be buying anymore TWDS2 from now, but will continue
with other TTGames, like TWAU. Even writing in this episode felt worse.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t think it was that bad, the graphics seem better but the animation still with the same Telltale problems. Clementines evolution of character was what expected from all of Lees teachings.

The Omid and maybe Christa death at the beginning were kind of unexpected and the doggy scene kind of ridiculous… “ahhhh doggy to play” and bam! dead and Clem kills him. Just seems like a walking dead spoof at this point…

New characters were really underdeveloped, it just ended too fast to make them interesting. The choices were also not very interesting except for the last - and has a result every choice was at more than 90% except for the last (60%).

Not really impressed so far, seems to recycle the same themes that with game/comic/ tv show are getting tiring - human nature is horrible, trust no one, everybody dies. The first season had the Lee/Clem relationship to grab the players interest immediately, this one doesn’t have anything to me so far.

And please Telltale, stop saying “person will remember that”, I find it annoying and useless.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That’s the problem with this series. It’s the same with the TV show. The chances are, everyone’s going to die. There’s no real escape from all this unless a cure is found.  Pretty certain the walking dead series has put any halt on that developing as a plot. Therefore, they’re done for regardless of what happens really.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

RPS “Wot I think” of Epsiode 1: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/17/walking-dead-season-2-review/

In summary it’s good, but not necessarily as good yet as Season 1 was.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-11-23

PM

For those that played it are there any ‘i’m small and can’t reach such and such’ moments?

That’s pretty much my only concern for season 2. S1 it was about protecting clem, that’s what drew players to her character, i was pretty suprised that when TT relealized fans wanted more clem they didn’t get the why and made the (imo) mistake of having us control her.
I really hope i’m wrong as i freaking loved S1 but i’m kinda expecting every other problem needing her to stack a bunch of crap together to stand on or using broom handles or whatever to reach stuff high up.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top