• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 2

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hmm…the variety of endings are interesting. I’m not sure how they’ll continue this in the next season now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I got the ending I wanted. But yes, how they will do a season 3 will be interesting as there are quite a few options here.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Your choices actually did mean(little)something(what a relieve)

After effects:

Lilly will appear in the dream if you didn’t leave her behind in “Long Road Ahead”. Additionally, Lee will ask you about your decision in Season 1, depending on whether you left Lilly behind or not.
Clementine will wear a hoodie in the dream if you stole from the station wagon in “Starved For Help”.
Clementine will ask Lee about Carley or Doug in the dream depending who you saved in “A New Day”.
Clementine will have a scratch on her cheek if you tried to help Kenny when Carver was beating him in “In Harm’s Way”.
Bonnie’s face will be bruised if she tried to go through the ticket booth in “Amid The Ruins”.
If you stole from Arvo and didn’t give the pain killers to Rebecca in “Amid The Ruins”, you can give them to Luke after Bonnie leaves you alone and before he starts talking about “how they got there”.
If Clementine drunk some moonshine with Nick in A House Divided then she will mention it to Jane if she tries the rum saying it tasted like fire.
If Clementine watches Kenny kill Carver and she, Jane and AJ return to Howe’s Hardware then when Jane sees his corpse she says “I don’t know how you were able to watch that”. If Clementine decided not to watch Carver’s death, Jane will say, “I’m glad you didn’t have to see that.”
If Clementine sat with Kenny at the dinner in episode 2 then Kenny will mention it when he is in the truck with her.
If Clementine talks to Bonnie when Kenny is busy with the car then she will mention the first time they met and Clementine’s exact words to her.
Clementine can tell Bonnie that she regrets stealing from Arvo if she stole from him in Amid The Ruins.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 27 August 2014 06:58 AM

Hmm…the variety of endings are interesting. I’m not sure how they’ll continue this in the next season now.

They can always have a sequence that puts Clem and the baby in Wellington with Jane or the new family taking her there for some reason

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 27 August 2014 07:33 AM
Tad - 27 August 2014 06:58 AM

They can always have a sequence that puts Clem and the baby in Wellington with Jane or the new family taking her there for some reason

Considering the reaction here , TTG would be successful anyway with anything in the next Season. Wink

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-12-03

PM

wilco - 26 August 2014 08:10 PM
nomadsoul - 26 August 2014 07:06 PM

There is degree to which i can suspend my disbelief, wrestling with walkers below the ice,
how the whole group suddenly was behind cover after last episodes pointblank range shooting, ironman clem etc.
were too much , stupid stuff.

Ep 5 = 2/5, whole season 3/5.

Yeah, what are they thinking! Clem almost freezes, gets shot in the arm, still walks around like nothing happened. Not to mention how a newborn can survive all that…

And the characters! not even the Tv show has so many stupid decisions!

Best moment was flashback do season 1 moment with Lee, it made me remember how good it was.

Don’t think I’ll get next seasons day one, I think I’ll just wait for the finale and get it for a third of the price…

I sort of agree but there’s not much more they can do to raise stakes. At this point it must be very hard (especially as it’s an adventure game) to create a sense of danger to Clementine. Plus without the newborn the whole crux of the story - Kenny’s second chance - sort of falls apart.

I thought my ending was great.
I shot Kenny, and felt really bad about it. But the fact the game had maintained him as a believably flawed character I cared about and supported, whilst I still disapproved of most of his actions and decisions, is commendable. He’s been one of the few humane and complex characters this season.
I left Jane when it turned out she had tricked me. As much as I liked her, I just found myself unable to forgive something so manipulative and mean. That decision felt meaningful to me

For me, Walking Dead was at its best when there was a sense of genuine conflict that put to test my relationships with characters. This season hasn’t had much of that, as the characters were mostly too boring, and the situations too weak to care about. The finale really engaged me in that respect though. A shame it was such a rare high point.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thinking about it, I suspect regardless of your ending, next season will start with a big time skip. I can’t see them wanting to linger on the story of looking after a baby in this world. Perhaps it’ll be 3/4 year time skip or something.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2010-12-03

PM

Tad - 28 August 2014 04:13 AM

Thinking about it, I suspect regardless of your ending, next season will start with a big time skip. I can’t see them wanting to linger on the story of looking after a baby in this world. Perhaps it’ll be 3/4 year time skip or something.

Seems to me pretty obvious we’ll be playing as the baby himself.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hmm…maybe season 4 where the relationship becomes like Lee and Clem, but I think it might be too soon to dump that on us like that. Also, I’m not too sure I’d be okay with that happening as this is sort of Clem’s story.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Jyn - 28 August 2014 04:44 AM
Tad - 28 August 2014 04:13 AM

Seems to me pretty obvious we’ll be playing as the baby himself.

And getting past the timeline of the comic books? That is a bold prediction.

I still believe that they tied the current story with Clem that well, that the most viable solution is an entirely new cast.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just out of curiosity,

What did you think of Kenny and Jane?  I chose to go with Jane, but it seems a lot of people stuck with Kenny. Now, I don’t dislike Kenny, but thinking back over both seasons, I think he’s been the cause for a lot of the conflicts within’ the groups and I was just sort of tired of it. Jane is far from perfect of course, but I think she does care for Clem and at the moment, it would be best to stay away from groups.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Tad - 28 August 2014 06:01 AM

Just out of curiosity,

What did you think of Kenny and Jane? 

As I said before, I stuck with Kenny to the very end. It was a very easy choice for me, because I realized Jane’s plan right from the start. It was idiotic. When someone is on the verge of falling off a cliff, you should pull him back not push him. Also, she could always have ended the fight whenever she wanted. She didn’t - in my eyes it looked like she was looking for an excuse for Clem to kill Kenny. Last but not least, Clem is not Jane. Kenny would have never hurt Clem (he lost his eye for her dammit) and the glorious ending (even more touching than the Lee ending from the S01) in Wellington when we trully see how he deeply cares for her and the baby, justified my decision.

BTW, in the Telltale forums there is an entire war about this subject…. Frown

Joined 2010-12-03

PM

@Sefir

I don’t know anything about the comic books. It just seems to fit with the way they transitioned to this season. Lee takes care of Clem, who is the protagonist for the second season, and in turn Clem takes care of Alvin Jr, who becomes the protagonist for the next. I can see there being a whole new cast though.

As for how I feel about Kenny… Kenny’s really the only character who can’t be summed up in a single phrase. Luke is a regular guy, Bonnie is weak-willed and nice, Mike is…I honestly don’t know, and even Jane, who I liked, is really just a loner who has some vague backstory to do with her sister. In contrast, Kenny is a guy with a rich backstory, who’s broken yet tough, loyal but critical, and who crosses the line constantly, but always for a good reason. From a writing perspective, he’s by far the most interesting character, and from a human perspective, he’s extremely likeable because of that.

Of all the characters, I wanted him to survive the most, because he is the most deserving of a second chance in my opinion. When I killed him, it was more because I wanted to put him out of his misery (I thougth the baby was dead) than anything else. Consequently I was annoyed it was a trick, and Jane simply doesn’t have as much interest from me as a person or a character to forgive.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Sefir - 28 August 2014 10:21 AM
Tad - 28 August 2014 06:01 AM

Just out of curiosity,

What did you think of Kenny and Jane? 

As I said before, I stuck with Kenny to the very end. It was a very easy choice for me, because I realized Jane’s plan right from the start. It was idiotic. When someone is on the verge of falling off a cliff, you should pull him back not push him. Also, she could always have ended the fight whenever she wanted. She didn’t - in my eyes it looked like she was looking for an excuse for Clem to kill Kenny. Last but not least, Clem is not Jane. Kenny would have never hurt Clem (he lost his eye for her dammit) and the glorious ending (even more touching than the Lee ending from the S01) in Wellington when we trully see how he deeply cares for her and the baby, justified my decision.

BTW, in the Telltale forums there is an entire war about this subject…. Frown

That’s what sparked my interest in this.

I can see both sides argument for and against and they both make a good case. This really was a no win situation I thought.

Kenny’s attitude throughout the series has caused problems, throw in how close he was to breaking point and it’s a dangerous mix to have. I’m not at all happy with what Jane did, but I don’t think she thought Kenny would go that far. It was dumb, but what would happen if it was Clem that lost AJ I wonder? Would he attack her too? He was already pushing Clem around and shouting at her, so I wouldn’t rule anything out for Kenny at that stage.

Once I found out what Jane had done, I wasn’t happy. But at the same time, I don’t think going with Kenny in his current state or going alone is a good idea for Clem either.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kenny was 2-bit hillybilly, they dragged him for too long, another weakness of this season, they depended upon old strings and new characters alv,becca, bonnie, that lee lookalike,luke etc. all were forgettable. Wilco is right, thats why we felt for dream sequence more, its a sign of S2 weakness.

Carver and Jane were saving grace, they need to bring characters with solid writing, not TWD cliches and tone down exaggerated emotions as it feels even more bad
with bad facial animations. The last kenny scene was cringeworthy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top