• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Walking Dead - Season 2

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Iznogood - 02 November 2013 12:04 PM
Mikekelly - 01 November 2013 07:43 PM

With Clementine back - how could it be anything but great?

Seriously !?!
You don’t know how it could be anything but great?

Nah - I’m in a good mood today, so I will just let that remark slide Smile

Yeah, personally I think having a young girl as a protagonist is a huge risk. It can be something totally awesome and it also can fail horribly. I definitely can think of ways for it to fail.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lamb’s fav gameseries S2Ep1 from his fav company is releasing this Month Wink

Follow the link for ingame shot, heavy spoiler of returning cast member.

“All That Remains”

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

No Christa?

I hope Telltale isn’t stretching themselves releasing 2 series at the same time…
Where is my Wolf Among Us second episode? Tongue

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

nomadsoul - 02 December 2013 06:17 AM

Lamb’s fav gameseries S2Ep1 from his fav company is releasing this Month Wink

Follow the link for ingame shot, heavy spoiler of returning cast member.

“All That Remains”

When you said heavy spoiler you made me think it was Kenny

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 December 2013 07:14 AM

No Christa?

I hope Telltale isn’t stretching themselves releasing 2 series at the same time…
Where is my Wolf Among Us second episode? Tongue

Yeah and to think they are doing work is some form on other unannounced games.

So 2 month gap in 2 series, and 3 month gap if TWAU will release next month.

@ wiico and Mosley both

If one is already there then two shadows = ??

Tongue

If TTG wants to make things interesting they can get Clementine killed.
Otherwise it would be Ellie fall chapter all over again.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 December 2013 08:59 AM

[

I don’t think they would dare to kill Clem, everybody would just be depressed and stop playing it Neutral I mean, people need to care about some character, even the comics still have some from the original group around.

Last of Us spoilers - I hope Clem doesn’t encounter those psychos Ellie does Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 December 2013 04:57 PM
nomadsoul - 02 December 2013 08:59 AM

[

Last of Us spoilers - I hope Clem doesn’t encounter those psychos Ellie does Smile

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/10/interview-the-walking-dead-season-two/

Seems like they are heading that way. Some more playable characters would have
been better.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Really bad decision. I don’t think I’ll even play this game now. My interest just plummeted.

Clementine was the one character nearly all players tried to keep alive at any cost, the one they cared about the most. They’ve totally lost that now. With Lee you didn’t really care if he got killed because you knew the game would just restart with him alive again.

How could they miss the appeal of the character so badly? People didn’t want to BE Clementine, they wanted to protect her.

I’m not being melodramatic when I say I don’t think I want to play this anymore. It just doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

cbman - 10 December 2013 03:15 PM

With Lee you didn’t really care if he got killed because you knew the game would just restart with him alive again.

That, in a nutshell, is the problem with all modern video games (outside a few notable exceptions.)

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I would personally love it if they did some kind of perma-death thing where if you got your main character killed, they stayed dead for the rest of that playthrough, and you simply picked up the story as someone else.  It’d allow for some wildly divergent paths and make the game significantly more interesting.  Unfortunately, this being a Telltale game, we’ll never see anything like that here.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah that would be cool, Ubisoft did that in FPS , having AG like that would be
cool but given the amount of cost and time, its impossible to expect from
TTG.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-12-09

PM

I’m extremely excited about this, TWD being one of my most favorite games in recent years. I’m also happy about Clementine being our protagonist for season 2, as there’s plenty of oppurtunities that the writers could gain with someone like her, and especially within the zombie apocalypse setting. Here’s hoping for something enjoyable. Smile

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Yeah, I don’t have any problem with Clem being the protagonist in season 2.  It’s what I guessed would happen after the season 1 finale.

If they introduced a new character to be the lead it probably would’ve just felt like they were a surrogate for Lee.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Yeah, I agree.  I think this really is the natural progression for the story.  I honestly feel like most of the complaints against it are just people being resistant to change.  The first game was an allegory for parenthood, and the second game will be an allegory for growing up.  It makes perfect sense.  It’ll be different, sure, because it’s a different perspective and set of symbolic ideas, but there’s no reason it can’t be just as emotionally evocative.  And that’s not even mentioning the fact that no good sequel JUST retreads the same exact ground as its predecessor.  That would be taking the lazy way out.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I for one am interested of seeing what they’ll manage to pull from Clem being the protagonist. It’s a story with a dark setting and it’s very rare to get to play it through with a character of Clem’s age. It places interesting restrictions to the story, as she can’t for an example believably walk through a zombie horde, chopping heads off left and right.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top