• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

PS4 or XB1??

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I never said they were.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh My God - I only just now read that neither PS4 or X1 has system link! What the hell?

This might just be the thing - I’m seriously considering not getting either console now. At least, for a long time. Just wait out Destiny for the PC.

Really, really disappointing and, well, infuriating news. I just don’t get it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just got myself a PS4, thanks to all Gamescom lineup, good investment.

Now back to more Infamous and P.T. Smile

My neighbor got XB1, so will exchange for Xclusives, funny thing is QBreak will be fall 2015 (rumored) and Bloodborne is within next 6 months(confirmed). Smile

So Destiny, Evilwithin,Alien, MiddleEarth, Unity, DragonAge, Farcry4, Witcher3, Order,
Bloodborne, and all the indies in between. Back to back gaming to the max.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The more I see of QBreak the less interested I get. Are Remedy unable to make anything different? Max Payne, Alan Wake and QBreak all seem to play very similar.

Glad to hear you’ve bought one though. I’m really tempted, but I’m going to hold off till the games I want are closer to release.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 17 August 2014 04:39 PM

The more I see of QBreak the less interested I get. Are Remedy unable to make anything different? Max Payne, Alan Wake and QBreak all seem to play very similar.

Glad to hear you’ve bought one though. I’m really tempted, but I’m going to hold off till the games I want are closer to release.

They are good at telling stories atleast, i liked Max and Alan stories.
Sam is decent writer and Remedy is bringing back some great looking Tech
(Advanced ‘Digital Molecular Matter’ destruction), like the did with Bulletime in MP.

How the whole geometry goes apeshit over Time powers is neat Tech TBH and the whole
plot + TV drama stuff is still under wraps.

They are known for delays, so i guess Sam will take time with this again.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The Last Tinker: City of Colour and Counterspy have been released on PS4. Both look good Wink

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

A Sony executive just had to divert a flight due to a bomb threat.

Very bizarre news. Apparently a hacker linking himself to ISIS is going after the company.

http://www.itwire.com/your-it-news/entertainment/65179-sony-playstation-network-down-after-ddos-attacks-bomb-threat

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/24/sony-online-entertainment-presidents-flight-diverted-by-psn-hackers-bomb-threat/

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The said hacker has now been hacked himself and is probably in a lot of trouble right now.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-08-30

PM

I plan to get all new gen consoles at some point. The Xbox One appeals to me more, since I’ve pretty much focused on the 360 this last gen, but I want to get a PS4 as well and even a Wii U. The Wii U is going to have a good 2015 and I have a feeling that both the Xbox One and PS4 will do pretty decent, well we all know how good the PS4 is doing.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Reports of Microsoft might buy Mojang (Minecraft) for 2 billion dollars!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-09-microsoft-to-buy-mojang-for-usd2-billion-report

Lol if true Grin Microsoft doesn’t know what to do with money…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 September 2014 04:43 AM

Lol if true Grin Microsoft doesn’t know what to do with money…

I think they will just churn out Minecraft,2,3 4 etc. to make money and cover up
2billion easily since majority will jump in for the name and association with brand.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I don’t buy it. That’s way too much money for a company that made 100 million last year (but doesn’t really look to beat or even match that for many years to come), and Notch is kinda known for his dislike of giant corporations…

If it’s true on the other hand, then Notch can take his indie ideas and really run with them, as 2 billion is practically “unlimited resources”... Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 10 September 2014 06:56 AM

I don’t buy it. That’s way too much money for a company that made 100 million last year (but doesn’t really look to beat or even match that for many years to come), and Notch is kinda known for his dislike of giant corporations…

If it’s true on the other hand, then Notch can take his indie ideas and really run with them, as 2 billion is practically “unlimited resources”... Cool

Notch according to sources will likely leave the Company , and as far as his own skill goes he was humble and pragmatic enough to admit that Minecraft is fluke and he cannot
repeat the success.  So its not like M$ can keep him and make Megahits one after another.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So M$ are basically buying it for the Minecraft name. Seems incredible stupid when they could spend that money on so many more new titles.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

People willing to buy PS4 or Xb1 for Destiny should drop the decision.

On PS4 after PS3 beta the difference aint big not to mention the game has many lows.

Tad - 10 September 2014 07:26 AM

So M$ are basically buying it for the Minecraft name. Seems incredible stupid when they could spend that money on so many more new titles.

M$ should buy Fallout IP
Fund Shenmue3
and Buy Capcom.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top