• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS Kickstarter

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 28 October 2013 09:09 PM
wilco - 28 October 2013 06:08 PM

The site talks about a slight delay:

http://www.stasisgame.com/slight-delay-exciting-news/

More important is that there will be a demo when the campaign launches

I see nothing short of a really good demo that would make me want to invest. Screenshots are nice. Website is nice. But that is it.

did you watch the trailer .. its one of the best I have seen for a long while http://www.adventuregamers.com/videos/view/23066
actually this one I meant

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have seen the trailer and was not as impressed as you were.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hell yeaah Pyke, for the demo Grin

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Yeah-I’m am currently at the mercy of Kickstaters approval process. I built in enough time for it, but didn’t take into account them having a rather heavy load to deal with!

rtrooney, the game has had 3 years of development put into it so far, an exists in a state far more complete than many other titles looking for Kickstarter funding. Unfortunately, sometimes with micro-development (especially with Adventure Games!), its difficult to show more than screenshots. that’s why I have also had a development blog up from pretty much the early days of STASIS, to show progress. There are also some gameplay videos on the youtube channel, which show a little more than just the screenshots!

But there will be a demo to hopefully sway peoples opinions from ‘nice’ to ‘awesome!’

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Hey guys,

The campaign will go live on Monday!

http://www.stasisgame.com/kickstarter-confirmed-monday-nov-4th/

And here is a small look at some of the rewards on offer…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hehe, “unobtainium”. Grin

I love the professional aura that the rewards give off!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Good luck with all of that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Feedback from the demo has been very positive so far! I’m excited for you guys to give it a go!

I added a new section on my website called LABS, showing some of the other work I’ve done while working on STASIS.

http://www.stasisgame.com/labs/

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its few hrs away i guess???

Gimme that demo

Also you can cleverly implant those labs type green/wilderness/futrusitic sections
as dream sequences within Stasis, to make narrative more interesting and giving us
excuse to explore those sexy isometric art renders of yours. Tongue

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Alpha Demo is live!

http://www.stasisgame.com/getstasis

Please download it below, and let me know what you think!

Feedback from the alpha:

“I have now finished Stasis Game demo. What a truly amazing experience. Can’t wait to find out what happens next!”

“SO impressed with the Stasis Game demo. The intro scene was jaw dropping. The game is looking great; nostalgic and fresh at once.”

“Playing the Stasis Game demo and I think have fallin in love. This is sci fi epicness. The atmosphere is fantastic!”

And an absolute gem from Brian Fargo of Wasteland 2 fame:
“Excellent work! Stasis sets a thick mood and reminds me of a Ridley Scott Film.”

http://www.stasisgame.com/getstasis

-Chris

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

1GB?! For a demo?

Downloading as I type.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Messed around with the demo a bit. Great atmosphere. Sanitarium-like angle and creepy sci-fi setting. Was surprised to see nice sound effects and voices already in place.
The game shall be backed tomorrow!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m conflicted.
On one hand I really want to try the demo to see how it looks and to get a feel for the atmosphere and mechanics, but on the other hand I’m already excited for this game, so I’d want to stay away from most pre-release material so it can surprise me more… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

The final game will have a few additional puzzles and more content than the alpha…..I say go for it… Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

just played it for an hour.. and I love it! Great atmosphere, pacing, and intrigue. And im not finished the demo yet. I legitimately jumped when that spirit thing suddenly appeared by the body bags.
The biggest criticism I can offer so far is that it would be really nice if the icon changed when hovering over something that will produce a result if you click on it. I don’t mind the way the descriptions are offered, but its a little discouraging clicking on all these things that don’t yield any result.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top