• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS Kickstarter

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Hey guys!

If you think I’ve been quiet lately…I have been. BUT, its not from a lack of working!

I recently relaunched a new website ( http://www.stasisgame.com ), as well as announced the launch date for the STASIS Kickstarter!

Set your bedside alarms for October 28 2013!

And here are some updated screenshots:

...and a high res wallpaper is on the blog:

http://www.stasisgame.com/look/

-Chris

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good luck with the kickstarter, I really like the look of the game. Will back!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yay, my most anticipated adventure game is going Kickstarter! Thumbs Up

The best of luck to you, Christopher. I hope you’re well prepared so it can be a very successful campaign!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2013-04-25

PM

The game quality is top notch.  What I’m worried about is the time range of your Kickstarter launch.  I have heard and seen that it’s generally a bad idea to launch a campaign as you get closer to winter season because of holidays.  Donations are usually on the lower side in comparison to launch periods in spring or fall, so I’ve heard.  I don’t know how long your campaign will go for but I thought it might be worth mentioning this tidbit.  But there has been quite a bit of initial hype, so maybe it’ll work out fine. I wish you a successful campaign nonetheless! Grin

Games Played: Ace Attorney (PW 1-3, Apollo Justice, Miles Investigation), Hotel Dusk and Last Window, Professor Layton (Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Unwound Future, Lost Specter), 999 and Zero Escape, Walking Dead S1-2, Trace Memory, Area-X, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, Indian Jones FoA   Currently Playing: Portal 2, PL - Miracle Mask, Dangan Ronpa

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

good luck. I will definitely back.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Great to hear from you again Pyke, the game’s looking as great as ever. I’m a little curious about the Kickstarter though, it seems like you’ve been working on this game for a long time and have been able to do most of it yourself, what would the funds you’re raising be for?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My guess would be to get it done faster and for additional polish (music, sound effects, voices, etc.)? A bit of the same reasons why Asylum turned to Kickstarter, probably…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

SamandMax - 07 October 2013 10:05 PM

Great to hear from you again Pyke, the game’s looking as great as ever. I’m a little curious about the Kickstarter though, it seems like you’ve been working on this game for a long time and have been able to do most of it yourself, what would the funds you’re raising be for?

There are a lot of additional things that I simply don’t have the money for, which will take the game up a notch! Additional animation and sound libraries, render time for the cinematics (allowing them to be more detailed and ‘involved’), a fully original Soundtrack, professional copy editors, etc.
Until now its been a ‘weekends and week nights’ project, so providing additional funding will allow me to work on the game full time. To go from 20/30 hours a week to 80 will certainly improve production!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Stasis is one of the games I’m really looking forward to, and I will must likely back it when the Kickstarter starts.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Nice to hear something about this, I guess I’ll be also backing, even though I’ve really tried to cut down my spending on games.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Stasis just looks amazing already, I can’t imagine how good the end product will end up being. So psyched and will definitely back if the options available are fair Smile

What are you aiming for as the minimum goal for funding?

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 October 2013 06:38 PM

Stasis just looks amazing already, I can’t imagine how good the end product will end up being. So psyched and will definitely back if the options available are fair Smile

What are you aiming for as the minimum goal for funding?

I’ve worked VERY hard on balancing the different tiers, and believe that there really will be something for everyone!

The minimum goal will be announced on the Kickstarter day…I don’t want to make any premature announcements! Adds to the suspense a little eh? Grin

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

So where is it then?

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am totally Hyped ! for my 1st , oooh 2nd game as the most awaited title…  good luck up there! Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The site talks about a slight delay:

http://www.stasisgame.com/slight-delay-exciting-news/

More important is that there will be a demo when the campaign launches

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

wilco - 28 October 2013 06:08 PM

The site talks about a slight delay:

http://www.stasisgame.com/slight-delay-exciting-news/

More important is that there will be a demo when the campaign launches

I see nothing short of a really good demo that would make me want to invest. Screenshots are nice. Website is nice. But that is it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top