• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG OST

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Take it from me, or (maybe) rather ‘not’, most of the games here at adevnturegamers with 3-4 stars rating, are just perfect, games with 4.5 even 5 stars (those on the main page) could be even more doubtful ... (Journey, TWD, TWAU..i.e)

Everlight: Of Magic & Power is not to be missed, if you really haven’t enjoyed Silver Style Entertainment’s other adventures, such Simon 4,5, you can make sure that this one is just much more better, or ‘at least’ because you don’t have to set your hype so high as with such sequels of a famous classic.

Adventures that hold the feature of time traveling ‘going back and forth through time’ as an element to solve puzzles (as it was originally given at DotT; the Vinegar/Wine puzzle) had/have always got me so good, and Everlight: Of Magic & Power gameplaying is mostly all about switching between day and night in order to proceed into the journey.

The soundtrack is nothing ‘wow’ or memorable, but it was there and it did its job, just fine.

Everlight: Of Magic & Power - Theme Song
Composed by Thomas Herrmann

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

As soon as you enter the Morgue, Runaway A Twist Of Fate - Cultural starts playing, giving the creepy atmosphere needed for the scene.

I love how Pendulo Studios had given this Runaway song/theme through many variation at the three parts, with that great voice of Vera Dominguez, and the sound recording/production, which had have updated/upgraded its values from one part to the other.

Through this track (above) you will hear (murmuring) the beginning of one poem; “A Season in Hell/Une Saison en Enfer”, by a French writer Arthur Rimbaud (1854–1891).

The poem first edition release was October 1873, according to Wikipedia this was the last of his work as a poet, after the story of departing of his wife, upon being shot by her, she had gone to two years hard labour, and he wrote this poem after his recovery, but received negative reviews and was snubbed by Parisian art and literary circles. In anger, Rimbaud burned his manuscripts and never wrote poetry again.

Here is how that part of the poem (at the uploaded track) goes;
“Jadis, si je me souviens bien, ma vie était un festin où s’ouvraient tous les coeurs, où tous les vins coulaient. Un soir, j’ai assis la Beauté sur mes genoux. - Et je l’ai trouvée amère. - Et je l’ai injuriée. Je me suis armé contre la justice. Je me suis enfui. O sorcières, ô misère, ô haine, c’est à vous que mon trésor a été confié !”

“Years ago, if I remember well, my life was a feast where all hearts opened, where all wines flowed One evening, I sat Beauty on my knees -.. And I found her bitter. - And I reviled I armed myself against justice I fled O witches, O misery, O hate, it’s you my treasure has been entrusted !”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

When one sees a 4 stars review for A New Beginning, and 3.5 stars for Edna & Harvey: The Breakout, does this means there is something wrong. If you asked me a year ago I would have debated, screamed and made hassle out of it, but at the end I came with the conclusion that reviewers are no difference from us, fans/players (the heat of the genre), one can easily get hyped for a new game, sequel, a new developer, a-come-back designer, and after a while, when the heat is little below the boiling point, you/he/she can see the picture more clear or even cool, whether more positively or negatively or even flat (doubtfully) .

A New Beginning is one of the games with too much potential that never reached a certain climax, one of those you feel certainly that something had gone wrong (behind the scene) while developing it, as the previous ‘post’ story told about Space Quest VI.

A New Beginning seriously holds GREAT soundtracks, I recommend it to be heard (all) separately (away from the game), with many variation from classical, electronic, even blues, music .
I have chosen, what I can call the best of the best.

A New Beginning - Bent’s Melancholy (uh drama)
A New Beginning - Secrecy (Reminds me much of TMoS OST)
A New Beginning - Served With Light Snacks Upsie, doesn’t it sound like Iiro’s Style?) Wink
A New Beginning - A Melancholy Return (Sure thing, bring butterflies to my stomach.)
A New Beginning - Lazy Diamond (The blues and nothing but the blues.)
A New Beginning - The Weight of the World (Sounds as its titled)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 27 August 2014 08:26 PM

As soon as you enter the Morgue, Runaway A Twist Of Fate - Cultural starts playing, giving the creepy atmosphere needed for the scene.

Wonderful soundtrack - you’d think they couldn’t match Vera Dominguez theme from Runaway 1, but they did. Cultural is great, too, I used it in one of the sound quiz.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

This is an awesome thread. So much magic holed up in here. I can’t stop clicking around.

... I just heard the woodruff soundtrack again. Man that soundtrack is exactly as trippy as I remembered it. What a wonderfully flipped out game that was. Smile

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

Lost Eden theme by Stephanie Picq

King’s Quest VII music by Jay Usher, with additional music by Neal Grandstaff, Dan Kehler and Mark Seibert and vocals by Mark’s wife , Debbie.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I have to say Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague seemed to me like shame on Microids, comparing to all the great adventures it gave before. And cant say the next episodes will be any better.
I could not hold my self ‘really’ to finish this first episode, even if the adventure holds a pioneering Divine’s-Help-System to save player to get stuck, by just pressing a button and you get to watch ‘sir’ Eymerich doing what you needed to do, ‘just’ for you.
Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague - Main Theme

Music is lovely for its had been produced by quite a modern style/sound to the game’s story theme, and its just fitting damn good.

Davide Pensato (Italian as Microids) the composer of Nicolas Eymerich, Inquisitor: The Plague turned out to be a multitask musician and producer, as he is the Audio Director/Audio Engineer/Sound Designer of Ubisoft Studios just as well; a profile shows some ‘nice’ achievements of him, from joining a rock band as lead vocalist and guitarist, to composing songs and writing lyrics .. and so on.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I came across the amazing (posted earlier) Blackwell Convergence - I Can See Into Forever track/song played Acoustic (Live!)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Day of the Tentacle - Stars And Slime Forever & End Titles, what else can I say!

Music by Clint Bajakian, Michael Land & Peter McConnell

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Domedion specialized in soundtracks for games, which had given great themes and sounds with Overclocked, Secret Files: Tunguska, through Pierre Langer & Tilman Sillescu, had gone a step below with Del Priore and Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis (IMO), the soundtrack is well produced, but seems to me the composing is belonging to some sort of a medieval game, which brings to my mind that Mr.Del Priore haven’t read the script (nevertheless seen the game) quite well.

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis - Main Theme

Worth mentioning that the third part has an astonishing soundtrack composed by Thorsten Engel, who also had brought the amazing Lost Horizon‘s soundtrack, we might get to that tomorrow ..

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 26 August 2014 05:24 PM

Everlight: Of Magic & Power - Theme Song
Composed by Thomas Herrmann

Wow, for a second there I thought it was done by Yann Tiersen!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I don’t know diego, but at least I am introduced Yann Tiersen, which is be taken seriously, lovely!
—————————

.. so why I say Secret Files 3 holds a great OST, the reason apart from my sensitive ears for good shit, is I do really appreciate hard work, especially when it is hits you straight in the ears; from Alexandria, to Cern, to Berlin, to Urfa, to Cadiz, to Florence, to San-Francisco and Alcatraz, not mention indoor’ & outdoor’, churches, dreams, themes, all have proved (while suiting each place/situation right well) long days, and nights of hard work and studying.

Secret Files 3 - All-in-game-soundtrack Medley

The game’s ost was nominated in the Best Soundtrack category at the German Game Developer Award 2010.

“Through his music, Thorsten Engel gives each Secret Files location from Florence to Alcatraz its own particular atmosphere. We are therefore very glad to have him back on board for Secret Files 3,” said Marco Zeugner, Project Manager at Animation Arts.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ankh, one ag I have very fond memories for, but still running out of anything to be said about.

I can only bring out that I enjoyed the series, but less each time with each new sequel, tho that didn’t stop me from playing the third part when it was just only released in Germany, but with English subtitles.

Ankh - Intro Song/This is Cairo
was winner of the Best Game Soundtrack(Germany/2005)

Lyrics: Jan Klose.
Composing: Markus Schmidt(the one and only) I am dedicating the next number of posts for him and his adventure gaming work.

....prepare, be ware, take care.

Add/Edit (9/21/2014) : I just have discovered that Ankh was a remake! of Ankh - The Tales of Mystery(1997) for Acorn RiscPC (what is this anyway, I have no idea) platform by Artex Software.

Deck_13 management team (with Jan Klose) had been involved in making Ankh-The Tales of Mystery(1997) along other games since the year 1997 at Artex Software, as like the company most ‘but-non-adventure’ famous hit Exodus: The Colonisation of Space.

The company had used (and still) the name Artex Software as a brand for a line of budget publishing.

Image Attachments

270px-AnkhTheTalesofMystery.jpg

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Many times I seem to mainly forget the reason of posting those AGs’ music/tracks, while being absorbed into figuring out which game’s is gonna be my treat for ‘some’day, especially with that fact; OST optimum goal ‘at the very end’; is to dig them while enjoying game-playing.

One shouldn’t ‘ever’ underestimate the power of soundtracks! over any adventure game, there were many ags I was hooked to easily, just because of it’s fitting music to it’s setting. In-game-Music is my number two immersion cause, right after good-smart-puzzles, so I can suggest that OST composers are way underrated when it comes to any success of any ag; they are no less importance than others; developers, designers or writers.

Markus Schmidt is a Music producer/composer (plus many other things), we/i would agree that the genre is blessed to have him, tho his achievement to it, can’t be compared ‘yet’ to those ‘many’ non-adventure-projects he gave..

Jack Keane - Main Theme

When Jack Keane came out, after the successes of Ankh, and Ankh2, long before Daedalic was even there, I thought Deck_13 was here to stay, and bloom, but since their last three unsuccessful ‘commercially wise’ ags; Black Sails, Haunted, and Jack Keane 2, it had taken a drift; gave up! on adventure gaming for more RPGs. (was never confirmed, but it seems very so!)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

..Markus Schmidt joins Pierre Langer & Dynamedion or Domedion the year 2004, the same year The Moment of Silence was released , so 99% he wasn’t involved in it, but he was behind the Overclocked: History of Violence OST(2007).

Outta my ignorance, i posted about the game earlier, but never brought in Markus Schmidt credit.

Its hard to get my hand on the game’s OST ‘at the moment’, so I link back to the original post to hear the ‘most’ beautiful main theme/track.

Through the in-game music, we hear a song for the Swedish Soilwork - Overclocked Melodic-Death-Metal-band, was ‘originally’ written for the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top