• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWoodVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mudlarks - a free full length adventure game

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-04-12

PM

Jabod - 21 April 2014 03:16 PM

Yes, I eventually found the round stone and been out and about in London. I’m going to bloody well kill that pianist!
But how do you bring up the hotspots?

Trial and error with different cursors. I think the hand may wiggle if you find one but not sure. I just click around until I get dialogue or a comment. Let me know if you find another way, plz.

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2013-09-25

PM

Thanks for playing guys! Re: hotspots, when you move the mouse over a hotspot, it’s label will appear at the bottom of the screen. This denotes things you can interact with! Let me know if this isn’t working for you for some reason, I haven’t encountered any problems with it.

Cloak and Dagger Games: http://cadgames.co.uk

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

Finished the game and here are my impressions:

(+)
*Interesting story. I must admit that I sort of guessed where it was going midway, after the second dream sequence, but I guess I have become extremely familiar with storytelling techniques, so it’s difficult to get surprised.
*Creepy atmosphere
*Solid puzzles, I really enjoyed most of them and the step up in difficulty was nice too.
*Likeable protagonist

(-)
*I didn’t care much for the walking animations
*Spelling errors in some of the dialogue
*A bit of pixel hunting unfortunately placed at the very beginning of the first day (for example, the search for the ingredients of the fake meteorite) gives the false impression that the game will be about pixel hunting, which is far from the case
*Storytelling had a few rough edges. Except for the main character, the rest of the cast was not very well characterized (except for that funny ineffectual policeman). And where did the girlfriend disappear to in the last day of the game? Also the villain’s character was not very well delineated. Was he in it for the money? Was he trying to protect his image? Whatever his motives, his characterization leaves much to be desired.
*The events regarding the meteorite and the quarantine in the first day felt a bit contrived and far-fetched and they didn’t really add anything significant to the story.

Still all in all, I enjoyed the game. Puzzles were fun and the main story arc was suitably dark and interesting.
Kudos to the creators

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Castledoque - 24 April 2014 02:45 PM

*A bit of pixel hunting unfortunately placed at the very beginning of the first day (for example, the search for the ingredients of the fake meteorite) gives the false impression that the game will be about pixel hunting, which is far from the case

I haven’t had time to continue for a couple of days but I agree with this. Glad to hear that things improve in this regard.

Castledoque - 24 April 2014 02:45 PM

*Storytelling had a few rough edges. Except for the main character, the rest of the cast was not very well characterized (except for that funny ineffectual policeman)

About the policeman I totally disagree. As a born and bred Londoner I found the character such an objectionable cliché from a foreigner’s standpoint I almost quit the game. The first thing I thought was “these guys need a decent editor!”

But looking forward to continuing when time allows.

Memo to self. You need to find some mint next for the hangover cure and then a shotgun to take care of that sodding pianist!

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top