• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Feel sorry for the Argentinians. 7 finals lost in a row.

Time for the AFA to get rid off Tata Martino. No Dybala, Di Maria playing….
And like I mentioned before Higuain is the biggest choker. Did it again in the final, if he only converted that sitter early in the game.

Horrible penalty by Messi.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36637591

Messi quits

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Switzerland the only team that seemed to want to win the match. After that superb overhead kick by Shaqiri, it sucks that they don’t advance.

Portugal-Croatia was about the worst match of the tournament after Germany-Poland and Italy-Sweden. And then we get punished with extra time. The best team in the group stage exits in their first match of the knockout stage.

On the one hand, I’m sad that an attractively playing team like Croatia is out, but on the other hand, I’d rather face this Portugal in the semis than Croatia. Tongue

In a crazy Griezmann-filled 10 minutes, Ireland go from 1-0 up to 2-1 behind and having a player sent off. Entertaining match, though.

With Northern Ireland and Ireland gone now, we say goodbye to the best supporters of the tournament. Irish supporters went out in style. Lots of videos of their fans turning to the French supporters behind them at the stadium and congratulating them with their victory.

Supporter behaviour should get Ireland a “Fan Fair Play Award” that gets them an automatic entry in all final tournaments, imo.

Germany steamrolled over Slovakia without really breaking a sweat.
In related news: Low sniffed his arm pits this time around. The man loves his bodily fluids… Smile

And Belgium plays more or less their best match in years. Cool
Funny thing: this was Hazard’s 70th (!) cap for the national team, and it’s only the first time he’s given a performance like this. Finally!

If they keep this up, they’ll get far. Thumbs Up

First need to get past Wales, though. Only have 2 points from our last 3 matches against them, so should be difficult.
That said, if they repeat yesterday’s performance, then it’ll take Germany to stop us, imo.

Messi quits international football. Yeah, I’d quit too after such a miserable penalty. Tongue
Never quite got to really leave his mark for the Argentina squad. That said, Argentina never surrounded him with talent like Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar, Suarez, Fabregas, etc. That’s gotta count for something too.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hope this Messi decision to exit the international football is just an over-reaction from another missed final. it’s tough but he should reconsider, he is still young and there’s a World Cup in 2 years that he needs to play.
Maybe it’s move to make the federation get rid of the coach.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Messi messed up, if goalie stops the ball its understandable but kicking out.
Wtf?

He never won any major cup for his nation.
And why take first penalty?

Crying recap

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 27 June 2016 03:30 AM

I hope this Messi decision to exit the international football is just an over-reaction from another missed final. it’s tough but he should reconsider, he is still young and there’s a World Cup in 2 years that he needs to play.
Maybe it’s move to make the federation get rid of the coach.

Actually, didn’t he quit two years ago after criticism as well?
He obviously doesn’t care all that much, imo.

nomadsoul - 27 June 2016 04:46 AM

And why take first penalty?

Because it’s his duty given his status?
Impossible to tell which penalty is going to be the most important one. Fourth? Fifth? Sixth? Might just as well take the first then, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

ESPN Argentina now confirming Agüero and Mascherano “retirements”... also Lavezzi, Biglia, Higuain, etc. in the coming hours to days.

Something to do with AFA.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The real football pundits will recognize you as the best ever. No one will be able to take that away from you. *snif*

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Origami - 27 June 2016 07:22 AM

The real football pundits will recognize you as the best ever. No one will be able to take that away from you. *snif*

maybe he is the 3rd of the legends, but yet theres only one ‘phenomena’

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 27 June 2016 07:25 AM

This one?

and this one?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 27 June 2016 08:20 AM
Advie - 27 June 2016 07:25 AM

This one?

This, Ronaldo Luís Nazário Heart

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 27 June 2016 08:35 AM

He is the Goat scorer for the national team, carried Brazil to the final in 98 and to the cup in 2002!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 27 June 2016 09:59 AM
Advie - 27 June 2016 08:35 AM

He is the Goat scorer for the national team, carried Brazil to the final in 98 and to the cup in 2002!

plus top scorer of the Liga and Braca in a (one) season until this year (or last year to be precise), also great years with Inter, BUT the most significant hotspot of is his life is coming back after three years and a half off the pitch (for a serious injury) and claim the 2002 world cup for Brazil.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

We lost another final? hahaha And Messi leaves the national team? What the hell is going on?

For us to lose against Germany in the final World Cup is within the calculations, but losing against Chile is like the lowest thing that can happen and twice!. You can not imagine how is the mood of the people here, many already want to go to cut some heads off.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Messi won’t leave Argentina. Don’t worry. It’s just a very emotional response from this heavy loss.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top