• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Wait, Messi was best player after all? Why?!?!?!?
Commentators fooled me…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 13 July 2014 05:57 PM

Commentators fooled me…

Most Man of the Match awards? Due to 4 five-second flashes in 4 games. Totally undeserved.

And the commentators probably fooled you because James Rodriguez won the Golden Boot as top scorer. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 13 July 2014 06:00 PM
wilco - 13 July 2014 05:57 PM

Commentators fooled me…

Most Man of the Match awards? Due to 4 five-second flashes in 4 games. Totally undeserved.

And the commentators probably fooled you because James Rodriguez won the Golden Boot as top scorer. Wink

That was probably it Smile
Neuer won best keeper? But all his saves were with the feet, probably should have won best defender or something…
Maybe they just didn’t want to call anybody that wasn’t in the final Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 13 July 2014 06:05 PM

Maybe they just didn’t want to call anybody that wasn’t in the final Smile

Shortlist was Neuer, Navas and Romero. Should have been Neuer, Navas and Ochoa imo. But Neuer is the deserved winner. Not only is he the best keeper, but he’s also the best libero. Tongue
Don’t forget his header saves. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Them hot girlfriends :0

Great goal btw, romero owned…but Penalties would have been super dramatic.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s also worth noting that the two finalists are actually the two most experienced squads in the tournament - if someone was going to predict the final based solely on the total number of players in the squad that featured in 2010 World Cup as well, he would have scored the jackpot.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m very glad Germany won and not that awful Argentina team. I don’t get why people love zombie Messi so much. He just stands there, does nothing, until someone kicks a ball his way.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

The official mascot didn’t wear a hat - that’s why Argentina didn’t win. Every time Argentina has won the world cup, the official mascot has had a hat.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Also didn’t have an 8 in the year, that must be a reason.

2018 ??

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 14 July 2014 04:37 PM

Also didn’t have an 8 in the year, that must be a reason.

2018 ??

Nah, 2018 Russia won’t give much of a chance at home Smile

So, some local press chose this for best team of the World Cup

Not bad choices, but a bit too focused on the final teams except James.
I would change the keeper to Navas and maybe put Herrera in there in Blind place.
Of ocurse that would change the tactic to 3-4-3 Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Playing with numbers:
It took Brazil 24 years to win the world cup after 1970 when they won it in 1994.
It took Italy 24 years to win the world cup after they won it in 1982.
And now, it took Germany 24 years to win the world cup after they won it in 1990.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 15 July 2014 07:36 PM

Some people have way too much time on their hands… Gasp

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

So, Brazil has a new head coach: Dunga. In a few yers, after Dunga, they’ll probably go for the experience of Luiz Felipe Scolari.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top