• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 18 April 2017 06:10 AM

a bit late but i guess .. but i am happy that Mourinho had beaten Chelsea also he understood that old great players like Rooney n’ Ibra wouldn’t be of much help to the team; fresh, young players is the wave now all over the world, and also i finally had the chance to see all the millions spent over Pogba weren’t in vain; he had played a fine match tho he didnt score.

Mourinho likes these big games, might have beat Chelsea in the cup game if the ref didn’t decide give a red card in the first half… Pogba must be the player that hit the bar more times this season… He has been a bit unlucky. Man United has been a draw machine, that killed the season in the league.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 18 April 2017 10:16 AM
Advie - 18 April 2017 06:10 AM

a bit late but i guess .. but i am happy that Mourinho had beaten Chelsea also he understood that old great players like Rooney n’ Ibra wouldn’t be of much help to the team; fresh, young players is the wave now all over the world, and also i finally had the chance to see all the millions spent over Pogba weren’t in vain; he had played a fine match tho he didnt score.

Mourinho likes these big games, might have beat Chelsea in the cup game if the ref didn’t decide give a red card in the first half… Pogba must be the player that hit the bar more times this season… He has been a bit unlucky. Man United has been a draw machine, that killed the season in the league.

yea, i think they are still the least team to lose matches, but damn those draws!

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

It’s a disgrace…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

CR7 in boss mode

Edit

Damn Robin pulled same drama penalty shit again
Pan

Glad they lost

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ref killed a fun match with bad decisions. Video ref can’t come soon enough

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 18 April 2017 07:11 PM

Ref killed a fun match with bad decisions. Video ref can’t come soon enough

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2017/04/18/34722392/offside-cristiano-ronaldo-goals-leave-football-fans?ICID=HP_HN_1

All is well as long as C7 wins and personally i want Zidane to win cup

Offside serves well for RobinxMuller combo Smile

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Casimero should have been sent off 4 times. Vidal shouldn’t have.

It’s a disgrace…

Most suspicious moment is the referee reaching for his chestpocket during Casemiro’s foul on Robben and then all of a sudden lowering his hand. Probably saw it was Casemiro who committed the foul and reconsidered because he knew he had already received yellow.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If replay technology existed, Real would go through in 90 minutes. Lewandowski was offside before Bayern second goal:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

@Diego

Replay technology does exist, and it gets routinely used during football games.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I don`t understand how we live in the 21st century and still don`t have a decent way to verify controversial referee decisions. I think someone at FIFA doesn`t want some kind of hawkeye system to be introduced, they surely don`t lack the money for it.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Origami - 19 April 2017 12:34 PM

@Diego

Replay technology does exist, and it gets routinely used during football games.

It didn’t exist in this match.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Abnaxus - 19 April 2017 02:12 PM

I don`t understand how we live in the 21st century and still don`t have a decent way to verify controversial referee decisions. I think someone at FIFA doesn`t want some kind of hawkeye system to be introduced, they surely don`t lack the money for it.

They have implemented cool systems in Cricket which is lame comparing to scope of Soccer
So its basically a fixing tool for FIFA

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 19 April 2017 03:32 PM
Abnaxus - 19 April 2017 02:12 PM

They have implemented cool systems in Cricket which is lame comparing to scope of Soccer
So its basically a fixing tool for FIFA

Also existes in NBA, rugby and other sports. Wouldn’t take much time having the 4th ref look at the replays.
Both Bayern and Real got penalized because of the terrible game by the ref team. Bayern crying more because they got out but they got 2 dubious penalties in both legs and an offside goal. Real got 2 offside goals.
Both Vidal and Casemiro should have been sent off earlier.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Juve showing PSG how it’s done. No remontada this time. Maybe if Ronaldo was playing for Barcelona to score some of those chances Smile
Monaco going through is great, would like them to win it but I think Juve will get it this year, seems like the more balanced team, which would also be cool, to see Buffon lift the trophy.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m not defending FIFA, but it’s not that easy to implement replay at the spot, because of a soccer sport nature. That would mean that EVERY TIME when the side ref signals an offside, everyone would still need to continue to play, no matter how obvious the offside is. You lose you gas quickly that way, and it becomes a different game. Because, imagine a situation where the side ref (incorrectly) signals an offside, and the attacking team stops running. What use is of a replay technology, if they stopped the action? In other words, if you implement replay for every situation, you’re practically making refs on the pitch redundant.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top