• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 09 March 2017 12:36 PM
wilco - 09 March 2017 07:35 AM

You should post a picture of Neymar, he was the real goat (and Suarez diving skills), Messi was missing like in the first leg.
But PSG was really incredibly bad, how can they sit in the back in the first half, couldn’t hold the ball for more that 2 sec in and left Suarez and Sergi alone in the final minutes… Like there were 2 different teams playing the 2nd leg. Crazy night, I doubt we will see anything like this anytime soon.

Ironically, in Paris no one is blaming the refs, only the player themselves.
Suarez his leg got clipped though on the second penalty, but yeah….ref definitely didn’t need to give it. I accept Barca lucked out. But in no way does that cover why we won 6-1. Barca also got denied two penalties, but you won’t hear anything about it.

And yes, in his own words Neymar played the best game of his career.
Messi still set up the first goal and converted the penalty so he had his contribution.
But mentally, Neymar is the standard to uphold to.

I have always defended Neymar against cules wanting to sell him a couple of months ago.

I hope we draw Real in quarter finals, so more space opens up and we get to see an enjoyable game from a footballing perspective. Also would like to knock them out after Ramos’ comments. But it’s probably going to be Bayern. It’s always Bayern.

Yeah, before the ref, PSG has to blame themselves (and I think they did) for the major choke and props for Barça for, even without playing a brilliant game they played with a lot of heart. I just think Suarez is so annoying to see, a brilliant player that could run for Ballon d’Or but never will because of being a biting arsehole.

I would prefer a Barça-Real final, seeing the teams that have dominated the Champions League the last decade clash in the final would be fun, even if neither is playing well. Besides them Bayern, Borussia and Juventus seem to be the team in better shape at the moment. Monaco disappointed me in the first leg, their defense was atrocious.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I used to hate Suarez, until he started playing for my team. You really get to appreciate his passion and fighting spirit. Even when the team sucks he will persevere to get his goal. But I can completely understand neutral football fans not being charmed by him.

Suarez couldn’t care less about Fifa galas. He already stated he would never attend one and the way they made fun of him at Fifa’s ‘The Best award’ makes me respect his choice.

I want to face Real in a non-final game. Because I have so much faith in the fixture played over two legs. In a single game final anything can happen(offside goal again like the one Real made in last years final) and too much luck is involved.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

It was a penalty for Suarez after all. Too bad they never showed it from this angle, could have saved a lot of people from going mental.

https://imgur.com/HrbfPCc

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This angle also explains it Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lol, Barcelona players partied way too hard this week

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Let me talk about the insanity of the Belgian football league.

Second division (for some insane reason called “First division B” ) only has 8 teams.

All teams play each other 4 times, and the winners of the first season half and the second season half play each other in a play-off to determine the league winner.

The first season half was won by Roeselare (with Lierse ending second). The second half was won by Antwerp (with Lierse again ending second).

Play-off to determine the team that promotes to First division A is played by Roeselare and Antwerp, and Antwerp won.

Full season league position:

1. Lierse - 55 points
2. Roeselare - 50 points
3. Antwerp - 49 points

Antwerp promotes, Lierse never had a shot at direct promotion.

First division A finished the regular competition, now we get play-offs there as well.
First six teams play each other in Play-off 1, to determine the final season’s rankings.
Teams 7-15 (the 16th and last team relegated) play in Play-off 2, together with the first 3 non-promoting teams from First Division B.

The winner of Play-off 2 gets to play an additional play-off against the fourth team in Play-off 1 to determine the last European UEFA ticket for next season.

That means that right now, the team that finished FOURTH in SECOND DIVISION practically has a BIGGER shot at playing European football next year than the teams that finished FIFTH AND SIXTH in FIRST DIVISION.

The guys that thought up this system should be hanged, drawn and quartered. And for good measure they should then be shot in the head and put ablaze. Seriously.

What’s wrong with just a flat competition without play-offs where the winner is the winner, the second is second, the third third and the fourth fourth, and where the last two relegate and the first two of the lower division promote, without any of this nonsense?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 12 March 2017 01:09 PM

Lol, Barcelona players partied way too hard this week

lol

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Leicester going to the quarter-finals of the Champions League!

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 15 March 2017 09:22 AM

And so will Monaco!

Owh and Real to draw Leicester. Guaranteed.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 15 March 2017 07:03 PM
wilco - 15 March 2017 09:22 AM

And so will Monaco!

Owh and Real to draw Leicester. Guaranteed.

Happy for Monaco, entertaining team to watch full of promising players.
Leicester is the only english team in the quarter finals… Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Atlético Madrid-Leicester

Borussia Dortmund-Mónaco

Bayern Munique-Real Madrid

Juventus-Barcelona

Missed your prediction, Origami Smile
Real Madrid is doomed, Barcelona also having a rough time

Borussia-Monaco will probably 2 very entertaining games. Atletico-Leicester will be boring…

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

wilco - 17 March 2017 07:17 AM

Atlético Madrid-Leicester

Borussia Dortmund-Mónaco

Bayern Munique-Real Madrid

Juventus-Barcelona

Missed your prediction, Origami Smile
Real Madrid is doomed, Barcelona also having a rough time

Borussia-Monaco will probably 2 very entertaining games. Atletico-Leicester will be boring…

Fifa feeling the heat with all the rumours about fixed fixtures. lol

Great draws for the neutral fan. Juventus will be though, considering Busquets is suspended for the next game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Found him surgery change compilation
Old cr7 was some Mexican cocaine dealer

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 22 March 2017 09:12 PM

Found him surgery change compilation
Old cr7 was some Mexican cocaine dealer