• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blackwell Games

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Just finished the 4th game “Blackwell Deception” in the series and I’m just loving it - the whole series I mean. The games are a tad easy and short but just everything that good adventures are supposed to be.

Superb story and characters, engaging plots, nice puzzle mechanics, good voice acting. And the games are always fun to play.

I really hope they will be continuing the series for a good while.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yup , and the Series was getting better and better with every new Episode..

Loved the four parts with all the twists and and turn they had ... and especially that featured notebook was used very well, indeed

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i really like how wadjet eye comes and resurrects that style of games(art-wise)....right when everyone tried to go with the flow and upgrade graphics.and best of all they continue!!!

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The baby in the 4th game was the cutest thing ever. The graphic style really suits the games and doesn’t turn me off one bit.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

I absolutely love these games, they are very short but full of charming old school adventure goodness, with great atmosphere and mood. I haven’t played the fourth one yet but plan to soon, the first three were amazing.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Stuart - 08 June 2012 10:58 AM

they are very short but full of charming old school adventure goodness, with great atmosphere and mood. I haven’t played the fourth one

you will find the fourth a bit longer than the previous parts, and also more polished

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Not graphics-wise, it’s not more polished. The fourth is easily the weakest, in that regard.

I enjoyed all the games a lot. I honestly can’t pick a favourite. I did enjoy the notebook stuff in the first two games though (and missed it in the third).

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I have yet to play The Blackwell Deception but enjoyed the first three games very much.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The notebook is back on 4th game and I don’t think it looked worse. I guess I enjoyed the earlier portraits a bit more but that’s a matter of taste really, the new ones aren’t badly done.

But the 4th game is really great, it’s indeed a bit longer with varying puzzles. I think it’s my favourite now, then the 2nd game (because Lauren is brilliant) closely followed by the 3rd. 1st game is more of an appetizer, though a very tasty one.

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Hi guys, I just bought the new Indie Royale bundle and got a duplicate Steam key of the Blackwell Deception in it since I already own it on Steam. I put it in just to see what happened and it told me I already owned it so it should be free to use. Does anyone want it? First person to reply gets it and hopefully the key works (the last one I handed out on here worked just fine for the person).

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

i still haven’t played it so I would enjoy it very much. First three games were great Smile

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

OK, sending you a private message badlemon, please let me know if it works!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

working perfectly. thank you Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I played “The Blackwell Deception” and enjoyed it. I have on my list of to do games the other three - I’m sure I’ll enjoy those too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Good games. Didn’t really like the graphics on 2 and 4 though. I was surprised to see that all this Joe Mitchell / Joe Gould stuff was “real”. At least to some extent Wink

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’ve really enjoyed all the Blackwell games, it’s a great series.

The games are well worth another playthrough with the commentary, which provides some good insight into things like the graphical styles and why some games look a bit better than others.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top