• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fran Bow on Indiegogo

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Spotted this weird and interesting looking game today and noticed that Jackal just wrote a short news article about it too.

Fran Bow is a point and click adventure with a touch of horror. You play as Fran Bow, a little girl with a troubled mind and a story to tell!
Her parents are brutally murdered and the only thing she has left is her cat and aunt Grace who takes care of her.
But something happens, her cat vanishes and she is taken to an asylum for mad children. One day the cat appear in her dreams and she starts to plot her escape…
During her way back home she will get help from strange creatures and find out that the murder of her parents is unimaginably terrible, and finally confront the one responsible…

They’re trying to collect 20,000$ in indiegogo by the end of August. I think I’ll go for the digital download tier 10$.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I agree that it looks very interesting, and i have also made a pledge (10$ for now).

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

There’s now a demo available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Actually I wasn’t able to contribute, they didn’t accept my card Frown.
I’ve been planning to get a CC now that I have enough credits towards my degree but will see.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-11-17

PM

Glad to see that there’s a thread for this. I really enjoyed the demo. Very glad it got through steam greenlight as well. Will definitely buy as soon as it shows up there.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Wow! This game has some extremely interesting stuff going on based on the demo. Missed the campaign but this is doubtlessly a “must buy on day 1”.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-12-31

PM

According to their site, it is being released on the 27th this month.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yeah I never managed to get my pledge through but I’ll be watching the release.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So, anyone playing it? The art style disn’t seem very appealing to me at first but reading some gog and steam impressions and they seem very positive on the story.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Just finished it.

It’s clearly designed with mobile phones in mind so it’s not exactly fullscreen and the interface can feel a bit clumsy but that is all easily forgivable since the game is otherwise totally awesome in almost all other aspects.

The worlds, puzzles, graphics and characters are all outstanding. Especially the rather new ideas regarding the puzzles together with the amount of minigames were exceptionally good for being a studios first release. I really can’t praise this game enough. The story may feel a bit to open as the end credits starts to roll but that’s also a minor flaw and very much a question of preference. I very highly recommend this game.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv played it for a few hours and its very nice. It has atmosphere, lots of cleverness and cool writing.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2013-11-17

PM

I haven’t finished it yet (I’ve finish 2 chapters). I think it’s very well done so far. The tone reminds me a bit of American McGee’s Alice in a really roundabout way. I played the demo way back when and was instantly intrigued and so far I’m glad they got to finish it and so far it seems to be quite good.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

thalolli - 02 September 2015 02:35 PM

The tone reminds me a bit of American McGee’s Alice in a really roundabout way.

Wait until you get to the last chapter where you will find a photograph of Fran and her schoolmate.  Crazy

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-06-22

PM

I just finished this game and I’m amazed at how many people like it.

The first couple of chapters were okay, if you overlook the average graphics, lack of voice acting and clumsy interface.

By the final chapter I concluded that Fran Bow was surely one of the worst adventure games I’ve ever played. The only redeeming quality of the first few chapters, the unusual story, became tiresome and had a very “B movie” quality.

I would recommend the much better Anna’s Quest, I loved every minute I spent playing that game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top