• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 3 June 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Woohoo!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m still a Myst virgin Smile. I guess I should try one out even though I am not a fan of those roaming-around-in-solitude kind of adventures.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’ve always wondered if the makers of Myst were frustrated Disney Imagineers.

So many rollercoasters.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yes, WOOHOO! Even now, after all those years.

One of my most exhilerating gaming moments ever, when I realized what my reward for solving the Amateria puzzles was going to be.  Cool

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Would this AGSotD (if that’s the ‘official acronym’) be possibly inspired by Lilly or is that just a coincidence?
As I mentioned there, so many fond memories, so much fun \o/

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

My first Myst - this is the only part I remember now, excellent reward for all the hard work

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

The best part of the entire game, in fact one of the best parts of any Myst game ever. I absolutely loved this roller coaster ride!  Heart

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

MoP - 03 June 2012 12:26 PM

Would this AGSotD (if that’s the ‘official acronym’) be possibly inspired by Lilly or is that just a coincidence?
As I mentioned there, so many fond memories, so much fun \o/

Definitely not a coincidence. Smile Seeing that Lilly’s designer was responsible for designing Amateria is what inspired me to choose that scene for today. I was wondering if someone would catch the connection.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

I think I still have a savegame on my old PC, at the point right before the ride. My younger cousin always used to beg me to play that scene over and over! Grin Nowadays, I just watch the YouTube clip instead.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wow!  That ride still thrills me!  I remember how long it took me to get it right.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’s interesting that you went and dug up that old thread today. Posting the Lighthouse scene made me crave a good Myst-style game, and I’ve just finished re-installing Myst III, which I haven’t replayed in far too long. Grin

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

So where do you people think one should start with Mysts? I mean, how much are they related to each other, how much do I miss if I don’t start from the beginning etc.? While normally I don’t mind the graphics so much, I think in Mysts where all you do is just stare at the scenery it could be a bit different…

So, which is the best one? And is it a good place to start?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Hmm.. tough question! Personally I’d start with Myst. Then when I’ve finished that I would probably move on to Riven. Next up, Exile for sure. After that definitely Revelation. Finally I think End of Ages as long as you don’t expect a magnificent finale. (Skip Uru)

In other words: play them all and in order Grin

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

How are the remakes? Of Myst, I mean. I think I read that RealMyst wasn’t so good..?

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I prefer RealMyst because of the 3D movement, the additional animations and special effects, and the additional age which provides a tie-in to Riven.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top