• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The unofficial/random “games like…”/game recommendation thread

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Advie - 26 June 2013 05:05 PM
CroGamer - 26 June 2013 01:44 PM

Can anybody tell me a story-heavy adventure game Cognition, The Cat Lady or Blackwell?

you may wanna try and also read those titles reviews:
Gemini_Rue
Dark Eye Chains of Satinav
Yesterday

Thanks, I played Yesterday, and i finished Gemini Rue 5 minutes ago, and I will wait a few days till I get a laptop to play Dark Eye (my computer is so bad that I am afraid it will be to much for it), so does anybody else know some mature story adventure games?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I could probably recommend Overclocked and Culpa Innata as mature games with intriguing stories - aside from the classics. You should check the Top 100. Most of those games should have a good story. Just clicking through the site review summaries should give you a rather good idea if the game has a good story.

I’d like to know about good scifi or mystery titles, or both. I’ve already played my Gemini Rue and Perry Rhodan, and of course Gabriel Knights. I could specify a bit too, games that remind you/me of Lost, Fringe or Star Trek (the obvious license games exluded please Wink.)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

millenia - 28 June 2013 10:02 AM

I could probably recommend Overclocked and Culpa Innata as mature games with intriguing stories - aside from the classics. You should check the Top 100. Most of those games should have a good story. Just clicking through the site review summaries should give you a rather good idea if the game has a good story.

I’d like to know about good scifi or mystery titles, or both. I’ve already played my Gemini Rue and Perry Rhodan, and of course Gabriel Knights.

Maybe Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, or Resonance.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Let’s dig this one, shall we?

So, what would be the first game to mention if asked: “similar to Alice in Wonderland” (but not Alice in Wonderland games)?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I haven’t played it, so I could be off, but Night of the Rabbit gave me a bit of an Alice in Wonderland feel…
Probably to do with the rabbit and the main character wearing a (mad) top hat. Tongue

Any adventure games out there that feature mundane tasks (feeding, changing, etc.) with newborn babies? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

GK3? Tongue

Any game where all of the characters are animals?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Beyond Good and Evil

Any adventures where you play multiple characters?

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 13 October 2013 11:39 AM

Beyond Good and Evil

Any adventures where you play multiple characters?

I have no mouth an I must scream

Any adventure games that you play as a medic helping people or takes place in a hospital?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Overclocked, Runaway 3, Awakened, Countdown, Edna & Harvey…

Any games similar to Braveheart? (you know, warriors showing bare bottoms to their enemies and so on)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Haunted (Edit: No bare bottoms though Frown )

Any games were you play the villain?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kyrandia 3

Games that take place inside the human body (not counting Space Quest)?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Tales of Monkey Island Episode 3, takes place inside the manatee (see what I did there?)

Serious pirate/sailing themed game?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

couldnt get more Serious and boring like Treasure Island
http://www.adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/16270/8131

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve finished that one, give me another Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

NONE! (challenge!) .. the Guybrush stereotype ruled the Caribbean

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top