• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

I’m using this time to beat Broken Sword 1 for the first time.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jim Purcell - 18 April 2014 05:29 PM

I hope you’re playing the original. (then again, if you ARE playing the original, you may be stuck at the goat puzzle for the whole two weeks Grin)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Manuel - 18 April 2014 04:35 PM

With Moebius, BS5 and Blackwell Epiphany all being released within a week we can´t complain that we don´t have anything to play.

When it rains, it pours! I wonder why so many games are coming out around the same time.

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

diego - 18 April 2014 07:16 PM
Jim Purcell - 18 April 2014 05:29 PM

I hope you’re playing the original. (then again, if you ARE playing the original, you may be stuck at the goat puzzle for the whole two weeks Grin)

Directors Cut. Did they make it easier?

That Encoded Note ‘puzzle’ was seriously annoying.

OrionO - 18 April 2014 07:26 PM

With Moebius, BS5 and Blackwell Epiphany all being released within a week we can´t complain that we don´t have anything to play.

When it rains, it pours! I wonder why so many games are coming out around the same time.

Spring, I believe, is a pretty slow time for AAA games. So it’s a good time to get your smaller game projects out there.

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

I still think an iOS version of this game would do good business. There is almost nothing like it available for iPad or iPhone now.

All it would take is to get featured on the AppStore main page, like Broken Sword 5 was.

Someone mentioned earlier that FMV adventures have trouble selling. Maybe it could have been that the technology wasn’t quite there to create a good enough game experience before. Tesla Effect incorporates the FMV better than any adventure I’ve seen.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I have serious doubts about it being possible to fit this much FMV down to a size that will fit on the internal memory of the average smartphone (2 GB is pretty much the limit here) without splitting it into episodes. I know they announced Android support as one of the stretch goals, but I wonder if it’s really worth it in the end when porting to, say, PS4 would be cheaper and probably better given the relatively small line up these days.

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Ok, I admit that I want them to also port to iOS in part for selfish reasons. hehe. Cool  I want to play it on my iPad. The game seems made for it! But I still think it would be popular among other customers and would stand out from the rest of the AppStore game selection.

Why do you say 2GB is the limit? My iPad has 128GB capacity.

Is it very expensive to do an iOS port for a game like Tesla Effect?

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Well, an Android phone with the usual 16 GB internal memory and all the usual apps would probably have a hard time clearing up much more than a couple gigs after all the OS files and everything else.

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

My question would be, would an moving around the 3D spaces in the game world be frustrating on mobile devices? Without a mouse and keyboard? This isn’t like a 2D adventure where your finger works as a mouse pointer.

Where I think this game could shine however, is on the 3DS. Though it’s FMV would have to be down res’d considerably.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I remember that some people who played beta said that the game has some bugs, so that must be the reason for delay, and that is a good thing. Two more weeks isn´t a long time and the more polished the game is the happier we will be while playing it. With Moebius, BS5 and Blackwell Epiphany all being released within a week we can´t complain that we don´t have anything to play.

lol Even though the originally games had way more bugs and issues. Its funny, they can release it now and still provide a better experience than previous games. haha

Jim Purcell - 18 April 2014 10:40 PM

My question would be, would an moving around the 3D spaces in the game world be frustrating on mobile devices? Without a mouse and keyboard? This isn’t like a 2D adventure where your finger works as a mouse pointer.

Where I think this game could shine however, is on the 3DS. Though it’s FMV would have to be down res’d considerably.

You could just look at the countless number of first person games that already work very well on the mobile device and those require a lot more mechanics than a first person adventure. It’ll work…but like most full blown games on the mobile device, I won’t beat it and it’ll just sit there just because I want it to be there. I rather they focus on something else than mobile.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve pleayed some third person 3D games on my tablet and they do work surprisingly well and a game like Grand Teft Auto 3 or Bard’s Tale has about as much action buttons as Tesla Effect has. So as far naviagtion goes, it would be fully doable. The biggest question really is the need for memory.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-12-27

PM

I’ve recently finished the demo. First impressions: classic tex fashion is here. But i couldn’t understand if it’ s related to the demo scene environment is too dark to find clues. I tried too much to find ultra bright light switch for plant just right there. Also find the three digit numbers on the picture was hard because of the darkness. But over all puzzles are quite good so far. Besides where’s Tex’s voice full of echo…

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

OrionO - 18 April 2014 10:00 PM

Apple has a 2GB limit for iOS apps in AppStore.

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

teme - 19 April 2014 01:50 PM
OrionO - 18 April 2014 10:00 PM

Apple has a 2GB limit for iOS apps in AppStore.

Wow, I never knew that.

I wonder what some workarounds would be for games like Tesla Effect. I bought a Garmin GPS iOS app last year, and then later added on all kinds of additional add-ons, and now the app’s total data on my phone is well over 2 GB. Perhaps Tesla Effect could offer additional (free) add-ons after the initial download?

Of course, the “episodic” option mentioned earlier could also work.

But Apple really needs to bump up the 2 GB limit, especially given the fact that many people have unlimited data and larger storage capacities on their mobile devices these days.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

The fact that the game is broken up into days makes it a pretty clean fit for that sort of thing, even if the days aren’t even in length and there’s a lot of overlapping data.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top