• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 13 April 2014 03:00 PM

And lets not forget, the budget of Tesla Effect is higher than what they got from the Kickstarter, they already had some money in the bank to add to the budget.

Not a ton though. The total is pretty comparable to Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded, and you want to talk about a stark contrast in scope and production value let’s start there…

It’s pretty staggering how far Big Finish has stretched their budget and I suspect a lot of that has to do with not really paying themselves that much. You can tell this is a true passion project for everyone involved.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I’m tempted to buy the game a second time to get the soundtrack pre-order bonus…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

AstroChicken - 17 April 2014 11:10 AM

I’m tempted to buy the game a second time to get the soundtrack pre-order bonus…

If you’re a backer (above 30$ I think) the soundtrack is available in the Mutant League download section

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

wilco - 17 April 2014 11:56 AM
AstroChicken - 17 April 2014 11:10 AM

If you’re a backer (above 30$ I think) the soundtrack is available in the Mutant League download section

Yeah just found that out by browsing through previous blog entries!

Now my new dilemma is whether I listen to the soundtrack before playing the game or go in fresh…

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

So the Big Finish guys just announced that they decided to move the release date to the 7th of May, for polishing reasons.
A bit sad, as I was pumped up for next Tuesday, but thankfully I got stuff to keep me occupied until then.

No good deed goes unpunished

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Good news for me. More polish is good and I have tons of other games to play Laughing

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Crap. And I was getting so hype.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

maladroid - 17 April 2014 05:18 PM

So the Big Finish guys just announced that they decided to move the release date to the 7th of May, for polishing reasons.

Best news ever ! I can still finish The Pandora Directive and play Tesla Effect once it’s released!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah… i guess there is way too much in my backlog… Still disappointed though!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What , what , really…

Oh well, probably more polishing is needed so it’s for the best.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Frogacuda - 16 April 2014 08:17 AM
tomimt - 13 April 2014 03:00 PM

And lets not forget, the budget of Tesla Effect is higher than what they got from the Kickstarter, they already had some money in the bank to add to the budget.

Not a ton though. The total is pretty comparable to Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded, and you want to talk about a stark contrast in scope and production value let’s start there…

It’s pretty staggering how far Big Finish has stretched their budget and I suspect a lot of that has to do with not really paying themselves that much. You can tell this is a true passion project for everyone involved.

I was never a big Tex Murphy fan before (more due to lack of exposure), but I am now. Tesla Effect has in spades what Larry Reloaded didn’t quite manage to deliver much of: FUN. And I say this as a loyal Larry fan.

I have been very impressed by how Big Finish Games blended the FMV with the computer generated environment. It just works.

Hope they make more after this one.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

The worst part of this delay is now it’s on a Wednesday instead of Tuesday, my only day off, which basically means I have to wait another week to play it.

But launching before they’re ready does no one any favors. I think the last minute delay Replay did for Larry was a good call and it’s probably the right thing here too, especially in light of some of the compatibility issues they’ve been having with the video filter (green screen bug).

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-01-10

PM

I´m a really excited to play Tesla Effect. After waiting 16 years. The last one (Overseer) was launched in 1998. A long time. I hope that the series continues after the sucess of Tesla Effect.  Smile

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Darn, and I just finished Overseer….its just May. Time will fly faster than a speeding bullet. I can’t complain.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

I remember that some people who played beta said that the game has some bugs, so that must be the reason for delay, and that is a good thing. Two more weeks isn´t a long time and the more polished the game is the happier we will be while playing it. With Moebius, BS5 and Blackwell Epiphany all being released within a week we can´t complain that we don´t have anything to play.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top