• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: ‘Cheers’ [QUIZ ENDED]

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks everyone so far that has taken part! There is a lot of time invested tsa to present one but I do a bit here & there over a period of time, really enjoy it & actually is a lot less intensive time-wise than taking part in other member’s quizzes which I love to do also!

mbday630 - 22 May 2013 02:16 PM

Zifnab, I may think about presenting a ‘post only’ quiz in the future!

I would like that too. also, I don’t know how to do spoilers, so, even if the answer is wrong, why do we have to put it in spoilers? either it is correct… or not.  just my thinking on this.

If I do go ahead & present a post only quiz in the future it will be a one-off! It does disadvantage anyone who lives in a different time zone who would like to take part - as Lady kestrel mentioned they do tend to move quite fast! No, I don’t think I’d insist on spoiler tags as I can’t see the point either!

On to the present quiz….... it will end on Monday 27th May 7.00 P.M. GMT (8.00 PM CET - AG time?)

Still 4 screenshots un-guessed: 19, 27, 48 & 71 - I’m surprised that no-one so far has correctly guessed 71 as it’s not an obscure game!

SCORES SO FAR:
SweetDalilah: 90
HandsFree: 70
Lady Kestrel: 63
Grandson: 56
kate me: 38
diego: 21
AMachine: 8
Stalkinpanda: 6
Iznogood: 6
tsa: 3

Please let me know if I’ve miscounted!

There will also be scores for the only one to guess the screenshot…
also the first to guess the screenshot where here I apologise again to Lady Kestrel for failing to enter her name for 4 answers in her 1st PM & consequently to HandsFree & kate me who are delegated to 2nd place for those as Lady K gave the answers 1st!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That last sentence is complete abracadabra to me! Smile

But, I’m last. No one else is as low as me. That must be worth something Wink.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tsa - 25 May 2013 03:31 PM

But, I’m last. No one else is as low as me. That must be worth something Wink.

I just send in my guesses, so there is still a chance you wont end at last place Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

chrissie - 25 May 2013 02:50 PM

SCORES SO FAR:
SweetDalilah: 87
HandsFree: 70
Lady Kestrel: 63
Grandson: 56
kate me: 38
diego: 21
Stalkinpanda: 6

Please let me know if I’ve miscounted!

Just a little correction: I have 89 guesses. Wink Innocent I counted using Chrome’s find tool. Tongue Grin

P.S. I’m really curious as to what game 71 is. I thought it looked familiar but I can’t seem to find it, I’ll search a bit more in these 2 days. Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks SweetDalilah - sorry, you certainly do have 89 points (you’ve sent me so many answers I messed-up on the adding up but I have it all in front of me!) As for no 71…..

Just to let you know that I will not be able to respond to PMs & update for around 24 hours from now!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The quiz will end in just under 2 hours!

I’m about to catch up with entries - they’ll be there soon!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I hope I’m still last! Wink

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

tsa - 27 May 2013 12:42 PM

Tsa wants to be the underdog…er…rabbit.  Wink

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

tsa - 27 May 2013 12:42 PM

Oh dear!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

To put you out of your misery quiz answers are below the screenshots in the 1st post now! I’ll be posting the results in the next hour or so - sorry to keep you waiting but I’ve been up since 5.30 this morning!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-05-21

PM

I counted that I have played through 52 of the 101 games (or 100 because Largo Winch seemed to be mentioned twice) and tried maybe a dozen more but remembered only 8 of the screenshots. Not so good a percentage…  Laughing

Recently finished:
Geospots (+-)
The Fall of April (+-)
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry (-+)
What Remains of Edith Finch (-+)
Detective Gallo (+-)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

THE RESULTS

Guess the Screenshot
WINNER
SweetDalilah: 94

RUNNERS-UP
HandsFree: 85
Lady Kestrel: 75

FOLLOWED BY:
Grandson: 63
kate me: 62
diego, SpeedBo: 21
Stalkinpanda, Iznogood: 6
Bastich: 1

1st to Guess the Screenshot
WINNER
Lady Kestrel: 39

RUNNERS-UP
SweetDalilah: 30
HandsFree: 13

FOLLOWED BY:
AMachine: 7
kate me: 6
Grandson: 3
diego: 2
Bastich: 1

Only One to guess the Screenshot
WINNER
HandsFree: 3

RUNNERS-UP
Lady Kestrel, SweetDalilah: 2

That would normally conclude the results but I decided to add 2 extra categories:

Notable Scores
WINNER
Grandson: 63

RUNNERS-UP
kate me: 62
diego, SpeedBo: 21

Screenshot Amnesiacs
WINNER
Bastich: 1 (sorry tsa!)

RUNNERS-UP
Stalkinpanda, Iznogood: 6

Sorry to have taken so long to present the results but I had a nicer display in mind & nothing seemed to work so I gave up! Thank you EVERYONE for joining & a special thanks to Bastich for passing by & not PMing me the other 100 answers!!!

Since posting the quiz I unexpectedly had to do extra hours at work, I’m very tired so apologise in advance if I’ve made any mistakes - if so please post here & I’ll get back as soon as I can!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Congrats to Sweet D. for a beautiful first place finish and to HandsFree for a very decent second!  Thanks for putting this all together for us, Chrissie.  I had a lot of fun with it, but, of course, I’m kicking myself over a few shouldas.

For Alternativa, did you take that screenshot yourself?  The only pics I found had a scene with a wooden bar and a street scene of another bar with blue light in the doorway.  I never found the actual bar pic.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Wow, it’s such an honour for me to win the 1st place in this quiz.
(It’s actually the first time that I’ve won the First place in a quiz), so thank you Chrissie for posting this quiz, and making it happen. Kiss Heart Also thank you Lady K, Trunkyo, TimovieMan and many others for all the support you have given me. Grin
Also congratulations to HandsFree, Lady K and all the other winners!

And now here is a picture of a true winner! An amazing and heroic woman, actress, director and humanitarian, Angelina Jolie! Heart

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Congratulations SweetD!
And I was afraid that someone would come in just to post one answer so I wouldn’t be last anymore. I think it’s mean and foul play! Wink

Edit: I finished only 13 of those games. I think a score of 23% is not too bad! Smile
And what is Broken Sword 2.5? Is that a fan made game or do you really mean BS2? In that case I finished 14 of the games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top