• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recent movies seen

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Early buzz and reviews of new Mad Max are very positive. What a lovely day it’s going to be Thursday!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 May 2015 10:54 AM

Early buzz and reviews of new Mad Max are very positive. What a lovely day it’s going to be Thursday!

98% RT rating.
88% MC.

All it needs is a commercial response.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Saw the Theory of everything yesterday. It’s a pretty tragic, but rather touching story. Despite Hawking’ life changing illness, he’s still had an amazing life surrounded by people that care for him.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 13 May 2015 03:02 AM

98% RT rating.
88% MC.

64 reviews now, keeps 98% with witn a 9.0 average rating Gasp
I’m surprised, I thought it was going to be a divisive movie

I reading it blows away action movies from last decade and stuff like that… I’m hyped

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 May 2015 01:52 PM

98% RT rating.
88% MC.

I reading it blows away action movies from last decade and stuff like that… I’m hyped

WoW, what an intense and thrilling ride, epic assault on senses, don’t know when was the last time i enjoyed movie watching in Cinema, watched in 2D still glorious reimagining, its everything i hoped and more.
Charlize and Tom duo was like perfect team, tailor made for this film.
Absolute must see for action fans and yeah for Car combat fans, its a wet dream.

Fist of the northstar,
Borderlands,
Fallout,
Vigilante 8,
Twisted Metal,
and upcoming Madmax game made me more involved in this than average viewer.

5/5

Heart Eyes

Gonna 3D next week if not day after tomorrow Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Couldn’t work out to see it today Cry
Going tommorrow. Still undecided if we go 3D or not…

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

nomadsoul - 15 May 2015 08:20 AM
wilco - 13 May 2015 01:52 PM

98% RT rating.
88% MC.

WoW, what an intense and thrilling ride, epic assault on senses, don’t know when was the last time i enjoyed movie watching in Cinema, watched in 2D still glorious reimagining, its everything i hoped and more.
Absolute must see for action fans and yeah for Car combat fans, its a wet dream.

Fist of the northstar,
Borderlands,
Fallout,
Vigilante 8,
Twisted Metal,

5/5

Heart Eyes

It was abso-freaking-lutely amazing. The best action movie since The Dark Knight.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Abnaxus - 15 May 2015 02:43 PM
nomadsoul - 15 May 2015 08:20 AM

Fist of the northstar,
Borderlands,
Fallout,
Vigilante 8,
Twisted Metal,

5/5

Heart Eyes

It was abso-freaking-lutely amazing. The best action movie since The Dark Knight.

Went to see it and agree with everything. Intense movie.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Mad Max is a bonkers mad crazy, gorgeous thrilling car crash of a movie. It looked great the crashes etc were spectacular, the action more or less non stop.

However the plot and characters are completely mental (WTF!! why was a 4 man drum team and a guy playing a flaming guitar on bungie ropes essential to the recapture of your breeding stock.) Max himself is lucky to grumble about 20 words in the entire film.

Like the Guardian review says : Watching Mad Max: Fury Road is the cinematic equivalent of putting your head in the bass-bin at a death-metal concert where everything is turned up to eleventy-stupid.

Fantastic Action movie with great real old fashioned stunt work, but It’s loud , shouty and Bat shit crazy.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Loved Mad Max - and particularly thought the drummers were a nice touch. Immortan Joe wasn’t just off to reclaim his “wives” - he was going to war against Imperator Furiosa. Armies have a long tradition of taking musicians along to boost morale.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Gravity

Finally got round to watching this and it’s simple great. Sandra Bullock did a magnificent job and it surprising managed to build on her character as she went through all this.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Tad - 18 May 2015 05:24 PM

Gravity

Finally got round to watching this and it’s simple great. Sandra Bullock did a magnificent job and it surprising managed to build on her character as she went through all this.

Visually, I thought Gravity was impressive. But I grew up too much of a NASA nerd to let them get away with some of the narrative stunts they pulled - like George Clooney’s commander knowing so little about one of his crew by the time they’re in space.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I did find it weird how they let her up into space in her state of mind. Surely they’d have checked physical and mental before letting her go, but nonetheless, it was a fun film.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 03 May 2015 04:58 PM

Avengers: The Age of Ultron was a lot of fun.

Does a decent-ish job of telling a current story while dropping hints at the 1000 other Marvel projects that are ongoing at the moment. Black Panther, check, hint at Civil War, check, Ragnarock, check, Infinity Gauntlet story, Big check.

James Spader was really good as Ultron and the action sequences were great.

Not quite as good as the first one, but up there.

^ This.

wilco - 03 May 2015 05:30 PM

Quicksilver was cooler in X-Men.

And ^ this.

I like what they did with Hawkeye’s character, btw. And Ruffalo is still the best Bruce Banner/Hulk. He easily bests Bana and Norton. And both Bixby and Ferrigno for that matter.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Anyone else feeling a bit fatigued of superhero films?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top